Who will guard Travis Kelce??

Special K

The analysis I heard on Sirius XM was that on first game in OCT the Bills used Tampa 2 and also minimized Kelce and Hill's production.  Also, the key is to make Mahomes be patient ... he is naturally impatient and wants to make a play sooner than later and turn it into a school yard match ... because he is a natural athlete.  I think it was Phil Simms who gave that analysis and explained why Bills won in October.

The question is, do the Bills employ this method again as it appears the Chiefs may have figured out how to beat the Tampa 2.

So, try to minimize Kelse/Hill (good luck) and make Mahomes be "patient."

Mahomes doesn't seem to run the ball as much as Josh.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Kelce       6-5, 255, 4.61 (40)

Edmunds  6-5, 253, 4.54 (40)

If Tremaine is such a world class coverage linebacker, then let him be the hero by playing TK man all day. Chuck him at the line.

Man, Kelce looks much faster than his 4.6 40 time. Every time I get a chance to watch him, he just runs away from people. 

He's definitely going to be a problem.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

He needs to be hit at the line every play and slowed down as much as possible before he gets 5 yards deep. I would rather be over aggressive and get a holding call just to see how much the refs will allow. Once he gets downfield he is as close to uncoverable as it gets.

THIIIIIISSSSS!!!!!!

And btw this ref crew is the one with the least amount of holding calls 

Edited by thunderingsquid
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Man, Kelce looks much faster than his 4.6 40 time. Every time I get a chance to watch him, he just runs away from people. 

He's definitely going to be a problem.

I think a lot of people make business decisions when having to tackle him and tend to slow up just enough to let him go by.  He is fast as hell though.

1 hour ago, Allen2Diggs said:

He needs to be hit at the line every play and slowed down as much as possible before he gets 5 yards deep. I would rather be over aggressive and get a holding call just to see how much the refs will allow. Once he gets downfield he is as close to uncoverable as it gets.

When you consider this officiating crew called the least PI penalties in the league at only 16, this isn’t a bad strategy. I bet the Chiefs will be doing this to every Bills receiver.

11 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

The analysis I heard on Sirius XM was that on first game in OCT the Bills used Tampa 2 and also minimized Kelce and Hill's production.  Also, the key is to make Mahomes be patient ... he is naturally impatient and wants to make a play sooner than later and turn it into a school yard match ... because he is a natural athlete.  I think it was Phil Simms who gave that analysis and explained why Bills won in October.

The question is, do the Bills employ this method again as it appears the Chiefs may have figured out how to beat the Tampa 2.

So, try to minimize Kelse/Hill (good luck) and make Mahomes be "patient."

Mahomes doesn't seem to run the ball as much as Josh.

You can employ this IF the dline can collapse the pocket and get pressure. Mahomes doesn’t run as well as Josh but he is very athletic and will break off a 20 yard run easily.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Kelce       6-5, 255, 4.61 (40)

Edmunds  6-5, 253, 4.54 (40)

If Tremaine is such a world class coverage linebacker, then let him be the hero by playing TK man all day. Chuck him at the line.

putting Edmunds soley on Kelce scares me...........how effective would that be...*cringe* I dunno.............I could be wrong it would be awesome if he could somehow pull it off....Kelce is one of those players he's gonna get his yards one way or the other...the key for me is pressure on Mahomes and limit the damage by dominating the trenches and harassing mahomes as Much as possible.

m

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

what is weird is that the Bills don’t do this a lot to him. Last game was the first time they did slow his release, and even then, they didn’t do it too much. 

i remember watching some film of how the saints played Kelce last year, and they would use a DE to actually jam him at the line quite a bit. 

And the bucks did it on every play in the super bowl 

This game will be tough to watch. Kelce and their other receivers will get their catches and yards, no doubt about it. It's going to be all about keeping them out of the end zone and forcing FGs and turnovers.

I wish we could punish them the same as the Jets and Pats****, but that isn't going to happen. Just have to limit the damage as much as possible.

Which, by the way, is probably going to be their approach to our offense as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.