Who will guard Travis Kelce??

Special K

I believe that Tre White was the main defender of Kelce in the game earlier this year.

I know that Dane Jackson has filled in admirably since Tre's injury, but this game could be the first game his absence is truly felt. 

Having said that, I believe Dane Jackson will be the primary defender of Travis Kelce, and how well he is able to lock him up will be the key to the Bills success in this game.

The coaches have used Jackson in coverage vs. Gronk and Kyle Pitts since his insertion into the starting lineup, and here's to hoping that this experience will prepare him for the challenge he faces this week.

Go Dane and Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Special K said:

I believe that Tre White was the main defender of Kelce in the game earlier this year.

I know that Dane Jackson has filled in admirably since Tre's injury, but this game could be the first game his absence is truly felt. 

Having said that, I believe Dane Jackson will be the primary defender of Travis Kelce, and how well he is able to lock him up will be the key to the Bills success in this game.

The coaches have used Jackson in coverage vs. Gronk and Kyle Pitts since his insertion into the starting lineup, and here's to hoping that this experience will prepare him for the challenge he faces this week.

Go Dane and Go Bills!!!

Good topic. I actually don’t think they will put Dane on him, at least not like they had Tre follow him around. The new problem that KC has been presenting is their other speedy receivers have really been producing (Pringle, Robinson, and Hardiman). I think we are so thin now at CB that i can’t really seeing them moving Dane to cover a TE.

My best guess is it will be a combination of Milano, Taron, Dane, maybe even Neal a little. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just rewatched the game……Neal was the main one covering him. I totally forgot Milano was out that game. 

Anyone scared of the Chiefs I would advise them to rewatch the game……the defense did a great job as a whole. It seemed like T. Johnson, T. White and Wallace took turns covering Hill depending on where he lined up. He got the best of White on quite a few plays, but everything was within 5-7 yards of the line of scrimmage.

They made that Chiefs offense work for yards…..nothing came easy.

Edited by streetkings01
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think it’ll be a bunch of different looks.  Good amount of zone.  Some Milano.  Some edmunds, some Safeties, some corners.  

In an ideal world, we put 49 on him and he holds his to 6-70 or less.  I thought that’s why we drafted him.  Oh well.  

28 minutes ago, Special K said:

Go Dane and Go Bills!!!

I won’t be man to man - I don’t see one player assigned to Kelce

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1

I've been thinking with how methodical the offense has been, do we  dare them to run the ball with dime, or even quarters coverage? 

Probably not, the D rarely gets out of base nickel... But I'd love it if we mix it up with dime looks and just two lineman with their hands in the dirt. Have the DE's standing on the edge. Dare them to run the ball. 

Meanwhile, pound the rock with Josh and Motor. Shorten the number of drives each team gets. Put ours in the endzone and hold them to more fg tries than they are able to hold us to. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

He needs to be hit at the line every play and slowed down as much as possible before he gets 5 yards deep. I would rather be over aggressive and get a holding call just to see how much the refs will allow. Once he gets downfield he is as close to uncoverable as it gets.

what is weird is that the Bills don’t do this a lot to him. Last game was the first time they did slow his release, and even then, they didn’t do it too much. 

i remember watching some film of how the saints played Kelce last year, and they would use a DE to actually jam him at the line quite a bit. 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Kelce       6-5, 255, 4.61 (40)

Edmunds  6-5, 253, 4.54 (40)

If Tremaine is such a world class coverage linebacker, then let him be the hero by playing TK man all day. Chuck him at the line.

Kelce would destroy him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.