No money for new stadium in Hochoul’s Tuesday Budget proposal

BuffaloBills1998

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

East of maybe Monroe county, that won't get her many votes.  Why would it?  

If downstate politicians made noise against the state funding a billion or so for a billionaire's stadium in Buffalo, she would cave in a second.  

Well it’s pretty obvious the downstate politicians aren’t against it. They know what the Bills bring to Buffalo. It’s practically the city’s identity. It would be political career suicide if any of them even raised a fuss about the state funding. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Lost said:

Crowd

Crowd funding a stadium in today's world doesn't seem that unreasonable.   And especially while the bills are playing well, there would be plenty of people willing to fork over cash to make it happen.  

So at $17 per person per year shared by the 1 Million people in WNY means it will take 1,000 years to raise enough money to build the end zones.  Count me in! (kidding)

33 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

East of maybe Monroe county, that won't get her many votes.  Why would it?  

If downstate politicians made noise against the state funding a billion or so for a billionaire's stadium in Buffalo, she would cave in a second.  

Let me just preface this by saying I am not trying to encourage a political discussion in any way.

But as it relates to politics and the stadium, it needs to be said that Hochul is leading in polls among her party by a healthy margin and the two perceived strongest downstate opponents, James and DiBlasio, are both not running.

Plus, Hochul is from Buffalo. The biggest threat for her will be if she doesn't get a deal done.

Edited by buffblue

This deal won't be completed until there's a new governor.  

Plus, if you're the state, borrowing money is going to be an increasingly dicey proposition.  Inflation control usually means jacking up interest rates where they can touch the surface of the moon.  You could be looking at a 1981-esque economy in the next 1-2 years.  The timing sucks.  

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

More bribe money is needed

This thing will take 180 more twists and turns before a conclusion is finalized.

And folks here are hanging on every little political nuance, suspicion, and feign like it's going to be resolved tomorrow morning at 9:00am.

• Like (+1) 2

I wonder if the Bills are playing a bit of hardball based on their success?

It's business. Whatever jokes people seem to want to make at his expense because of the Sabres, Terry has cracked quite a few eggs over the years. He is a cutthroat businessman. 

I do think he is committed to keeping the team here, but you don't bang that drum then ask for money.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

No, and there's no Easter Bunny either. Buffalo will be extremely lucky to get the $900+ Million from the state it will take to build the $1.4 Billion dollar open air stadium. The Bills can't sell more than 55,000 season tickets (The Lowest in the league). The Bills are the only team that still relies on selling at least 15,000 game day seats.  They sell virtually no corporate suites, where other teams sell hundreds, and some fans demand a Dome. I want to hit the Mega Million. We'll still be lucky to keep the team. This ain't Vegas, LA or Minneapolis. There's less then zero chance of a Dome.          

From where did you get this? 

And maybe Terry should pay for his own stadium...in another city?

• Thank you (+1) 2

No, and there's no Easter Bunny either. Buffalo will be extremely lucky to get the $900+ Million from the state it will take to build the $1.4 Billion dollar open air stadium. The Bills can't sell more than 55,000 season tickets (The Lowest in the league). The Bills are the only team that still relies on selling at least 15,000 game day seats.  They sell virtually no corporate suites, where other teams sell hundreds, and some fans demand a Dome. I want to hit the Mega Million. We'll still be lucky to keep the team. This ain't Vegas, LA or Minneapolis. There's less then zero chance of a Dome.          

To be fair, the bills have been stricter about selling season tickets. I live in CT and they denied me and my brother multiple times from getting them because of distance.

Funny they cut seasons off this year at 60k, Clubs are sold out and how do you know there's no Easter Bunny ?

2 hours ago, Lost said:

Crowd

Crowd funding a stadium in today's world doesn't seem that unreasonable.   And especially while the bills are playing well, there would be plenty of people willing to fork over cash to make it happen.  

Really post #1 and thats the best ya can do?

• Haha (+1) 2

The Yankees got over a billion from the state for the stadium and infrastructure improvements.  The only NFL team in New York State should get its due from the state.  You'd think with her background coming up in Erie County politics that she would be behind the Bills.  We made her, for the Love of God....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.