Here's an idea: Can McKenzie play corner?

D521646

Earlier in the year I started a thread saying Josh Allen should run jet motion on punt returns.

The first page of this thread reminds me of that thread.

To be fair, I really meant a skill player who was at one point a qb. I still think this will be a huge step forward. Imagine this...five years from now, the bills win 10 straight times against the dolphins. Dolphins come out with a jet sweep qb fake punt scheme and they win the game...gimmicks are there only hope, just like with Brady... that's right the 4th down wildcat.

The circle is closed, what was is again, just different.

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Ok so hear me out further. This game is basically first team to 100. Defense doesn’t matter. With Josh switching to TE, Poyer was a HS QB. Do we think we will win by 50

or 60 if we put Poyer behind center?

I think the Bills are 0-2 or 0-3 when Allen catches the ball. Hard pass. 

Poyer behind center? I love it. He is gonna light it up at QB sunday and Josh's debut at TE is gonna be mind blowing. 

4 hours ago, D521646 said:

Not a crazy idea but, I was thinking today how to minimize Hill with only using one guy, and I was thinking the fastest guy we have is McKenzie, and he has great hands.  If McKenzie could be taught to play corner in one week, seems Mahomes always throws to Hill when he is wide open, but when covered, or closely shadowed, he tends to look at other reads, and comes off Hill quickly, which if you watch the tape, trends into a hasty throw or scramble by the Chiefs signal caller.

I know some will laugh at this as McK is showing great promise on offense, but for one game, is the idea that terrible?

Thoughts?

tim-

It's an absolutely crazy idea.

5 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

You don’t think Taron Johnson is just as quick as McKenzie, not to mention him and all of our other DBs already have many years of training as professional defensive backs?

Hmmm so I would say let’s stay with the guys who have been trained at the position for many years. I’m guessing all current cb’s including those on the PS are all better at it. It’s not like high school with no disrespect. 

Nah Josh allen will launch a rocket lob that gives him time to run to corner EZ to catch it thereby exceeding Brady who can't throw the ball and catch it himself without it being a batted ball. First pass a qb  targets himself as the intended target. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

Poyer behind center? I love it. He is gonna light it up at QB sunday and Josh's debut at TE is gonna be mind blowing. 

Just wait until Hughes lines up at RB. Suddenly that Chandler Jones match up isn’t so crazy. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.