Here's an idea: Can McKenzie play corner?

D521646

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

The ask from OP though isn't for George Wilson to play SS. It is for Isaiah McKenzie to cover in man to man against Tyreek Hill. The time it would take for Isaiah to become a starting man to man corner is significant, and would require him to bail entirely on being a WR. Let alone be that guy in a week. 

George Wilson was also 6' 214lbs.

I believe for last years Ravens game it was reported that IM was playing Lamar Jackson on the scout team to help get them up to speed. The Bills using IM like Hill on game day and in practice is most certainly his best use. 

Kudos for taking this suggestion and analyzing it seriously.

28 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I have an idea to, check this out

Can Allen play Linebacker? 

Here me out, we have a real lack of depth at TE, if Knox gets turf toe tomorrow and can't go tomorrow. If Allen can learn TE in 4 days, do you think it is possible he sets the single game receiving record against KC? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Some people just can't let the drought years go. 

"I am ready, put me in coach" - George Wilson right now, probably

George Wilson went from WR very low in depth chart to a very good hitting safety who understood routes real well.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/15-questions-with-bills-legend-george-wilson

1. What is your favorite Bills moment or memory?

For me, I just moved from wide receiver to safety [and] we played the Dallas Cowboys on Monday Night Football here in Orchard Park. I got a pick six off of Tony Romo on the first series. It just kind of electrified the crowd and it was a big moment of that ball game and it essentially kicked off the second phase of my playing career because I switched positions that offseason.

But can McKenzie do it? Of course he can.  I created this when he became an iron man playing offense and defense.

Iron-Mc-Kenzie.png

4 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

McKenzie has to fill in for a washed up Beasley 

Beasley is not washed up.  He is recovering from COVID and like a few other players he is realizing it takes time to recover.

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Here me out, we have a real lack of depth at TE, if Knox gets turf toe tomorrow and can't go tomorrow. If Allen can learn TE in 4 days, do you think it is possible he sets the single game receiving record against KC? 

Option play with Mitchell Trubisky in as QB?  Go for it if it is what is needed to win.

Has Allen caught a pass this year yet?  

46 minutes ago, Mango said:

Yeah, I think he could. I can see him catching a couple 60 yard TDs up the seam wide open

27 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Yeah, I think he could. I can see him catching a couple 60 yard TDs up the seam wide open

Ok so hear me out further. This game is basically first team to 100. Defense doesn’t matter. With Josh switching to TE, Poyer was a HS QB. Do we think we will win by 50

or 60 if we put Poyer behind center?

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

George Wilson went from WR very low in depth chart to a very good hitting safety who understood routes real well.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/15-questions-with-bills-legend-george-wilson

But can McKenzie do it? Of course he can.  I created this when he became an iron man playing offense and defense.

Iron-Mc-Kenzie.png

Beasley is not washed up.  He is recovering from COVID and like a few other players he is realizing it takes time to recover.

Option play with Mitchell Trubisky in as QB?  Go for it if it is what is needed to win.

Has Allen caught a pass this year yet?  

I think the Bills are 0-2 or 0-3 when Allen catches the ball. Hard pass. 

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Maybe Allen can play DB? The height advantage could result in a few picks.

Seriously, he probably could play LB.  Not that I am proposing that, I just think he has the toughness, strength, and speed to do it.  Jim Kelly thought he could play LB but he wasn't fast enough.  Josh Allen is.

Again, I am not suggesting this, just paying tribute to Allen's physical abilities.

3 hours ago, D521646 said:

Not a crazy idea but, I was thinking today how to minimize Hill with only using one guy, and I was thinking the fastest guy we have is McKenzie, and he has great hands.  If McKenzie could be taught to play corner in one week, seems Mahomes always throws to Hill when he is wide open, but when covered, or closely shadowed, he tends to look at other reads, and comes off Hill quickly, which if you watch the tape, trends into a hasty throw or scramble by the Chiefs signal caller.

I know some will laugh at this as McK is showing great promise on offense, but for one game, is the idea that terrible?

Thoughts?

tim-

I wonder if this guy gets harassed by a certain moderator through PM for starting this topic

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Here.  You...OUT! 👉

😁

I will merely point out that the history we leave behind on this board will always be there to enlighten.  Some interesting reading in all of our pasts.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mango said:

The ask from OP though isn't for George Wilson to play SS. It is for Isaiah McKenzie to cover in man to man against Tyreek Hill. The time it would take for Isaiah to become a starting man to man corner is significant, and would require him to bail entirely on being a WR. Let alone be that guy in a week. 

George Wilson was also 6' 214lbs.

I believe for last years Ravens game it was reported that IM was playing Lamar Jackson on the scout team to help get them up to speed. The Bills using IM like Hill on game day and in practice is most certainly his best use. 

I would bet a months salary T. Hill would embarrass McKenzie...it would be gross

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.