According to some of these guys, it’s Allen‘s time to shine against Mahomes

BillsFan619

1 hour ago, teef said:

on the opposite spectrum, david diehl on sirius was gushing about allen.  he couldn't get enough of the perfect game.  

Well everyone but basically keyshawn Johnson and Nick Wright are gushing about it…. I’m just dumbfounded somebody that’s been talking about the NFL over the last 2 years hasn’t figured out Allen is, at the very least, in tier 1 when it comes to talent. 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Keyshawn is a complete doofus.  I hope it was just schtick, but I've seen/heard enough from him, to know he is serious.  How he has a post-NFL career just amazes me.

10 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Well everyone but basically keyshawn Johnson and Nick Wright are gushing about it…. I’m just dumbfounded somebody that’s been talking about the NFL over the last 2 years hasn’t figured out Allen is, at the very least, in tier 1 when it comes to talent. 

I actually like Keyshawn and enjoy listening to him.  I also do not understand his reluctance with regard to acknowledging that Allen is a top NFL QB.  I remember Golic having the same reluctance when it came to Mahomes.  It doesn't bother me, though.  Keyshawn calls it like he sees it and this is how he sees it.  To each his own, I guess.  I still like the guy.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I actually like Keyshawn and enjoy listening to him.  I also do not understand his reluctance with regard to acknowledging that Allen is a top NFL QB.  I remember Golic having the same reluctance when it came to Mahomes.  It doesn't bother me, though.  Keyshawn calls it like he sees it and this is how he sees it.  To each his own, I guess.  I still like the guy.

Huh?????  Every time he opens his mouth stoopid stuff spews out.  

Want to hear his detailed reasoning in wanting Lamar over Allen.

Now let's remember Saturday was a "perfect" game and that won't happen weekly.  However there have been very few real bad games (and usually that is partially dues to the game plan, except Atlanta where Allen was a little off). 

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Huh?????  Every time he opens his mouth stoopid stuff spews out.  

Want to hear his detailed reasoning in wanting Lamar over Allen.

Now let's remember Saturday was a "perfect" game and that won't happen weekly.  However there have been very few real bad games (and usually that is partially dues to the game plan, except Atlanta where Allen was a little off). 

I'm not defending Keyshawn's evaluation of Allen.  I'm just saying that, generally speaking, I like Keyshawn and I enjoy listening to him.  I don't find any of what he says "stupid," even though I may not agree with everything.  I find him funny, entertaining, smart and knowledgeable.  A hell of a lot better than listening to Greenberg and/or Wingo - that's for sure.

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Or he fabricates dumb arguments like bringing up how Allen only beat Mac jones and conveniently leaving out the fact the chiefs beat up on the corpse of Big Ben. All while leaving out the caliber of defenses.... he says stupid s***. he can go pound sand. i personally think he's garbage.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm not defending Keyshawn's evaluation of Allen.  I'm just saying that, generally speaking, I like Keyshawn and I enjoy listening to him.  I don't find any of what he says "stupid," even though I may not agree with everything.  I find him funny, entertaining, smart and knowledgeable.  A hell of a lot better than listening to Greenberg and/or Wingo - that's for sure.

To each his own........ Smart & knowledgeable seems a stretch.....😜 

Allen will never be accurate…

Allen wont win in the pocket….

Allen cant hit a deep ball…..

Allen will never be elite…..

Now Allen isnt consistent.  Meaning he isnt the most consistent qb in history.  I think the stats show he is just as consistent and prolific as Mahomes.  Allen has to be extra for him to get credit for it.

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Allen will never be accurate…

Allen wont win in the pocket….

Allen cant hit a deep ball…..

Allen will never be elite…..

Now Allen isnt consistent.  Meaning he isnt the most consistent qb in history.  I think the stats show he is just as consistent and prolific as Mahomes.  Allen has to be extra for him to get credit for it.

You see it. 

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Keyshawn is a complete doofus.  I hope it was just schtick, but I've seen/heard enough from him, to know he is serious.  How he has a post-NFL career just amazes me.

The guy is a tremendous dullard.  Got to spend some time with him at a fundraiser some years ago, and he did not impress.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

i find it interesting that Josh is inconsistent and Mahomes isnt when Patty spent the first half of the season.....being inconsistent.   sure hes back to his old ways now,  but nobody is playing better than Josh,  right now,  right here.

Chefs have lost to every team left in the playoffs from the AFC.   

their defense has gotten healthier and turned it around last half of the season,  but,   who did the Chefs play?   

Broncos,  win  - meh

Raiders,  destroyed them -  eh decent win i guess.

Chargers,  win, went to overtime - not exactly a blowout there

Steelers,  win,  blowout - meh

Bengals,  loss

Broncos,  close win - meh

Chefs D gave up 24+ points in 4 of those last 6 games.

not exactly world beaters.   

played 2 above average QBs that span of games,   lost one,  barely won the other game.

Chefs O is still top tier,  id argue that their D is middle of the pack

Bills O is just as explosive,  Bills D is top tier.

comes down to how the Refs call the game (ugh..) and which QB makes more plays.

57 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Or he fabricates dumb arguments like bringing up how Allen only beat Mac jones and conveniently leaving out the fact the chiefs beat up on the corpse of Big Ben. All while leaving out the caliber of defenses.... he says stupid s***. he can go pound sand. i personally think he's garbage.

ya Allen didnt play Mac Jones,  he played against the Pats D.    Keyshawn is an instant channel change for me.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I just heard Max Kellerman, on his ESPN radio show this morning, say Allen is just a notch below the superhuman guys “like Herbert and Mahomes”…

….. What in gods name has this man been watching? Living under a rock, I’m assuming? Football guys like Cossel, Simms, and Palmer are literally claiming this Allen might be the most physically gifted qb of all time and Kellerman thinks he’s physically still a cut below a couple of guys currently in the league, let alone all time…. Comical stuff. 

I get saying Allen is a notch below Mahomes - I would probably agree though I think the difference is getting smaller by the game.  But to say Allen is below Herbert is just plain crazy.  While I think Herbert is great QB who is going to be elite for the next decade he's clearly beneath Allen at this point.

55 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I get saying Allen is a notch below Mahomes - I would probably agree though I think the difference is getting smaller by the game.  But to say Allen is below Herbert is just plain crazy.  While I think Herbert is great QB who is going to be elite for the next decade he's clearly beneath Allen at this point.

u know whats the worst part about Keyshawn,  he played,  he should know better.   the things that come out of his mouth are indefensible imo.    i can watch a guy who never took a NFL snap look like a fool,  but a guy who was above average in the league saying the things he does on a regular basis is just.....smh.

Herbert is top ten,  in no way shape or form is he above Josh,  Kellerman is delusional.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

What makes you think they'll "come up" with something?

There are some exceptions the untouchable thing though. Trent Dilfer. So maybe you're right.

Seems to me Josh is pretty well respected in the press.

He's more respected than he was, mostly because the media types don't want to look like complete fools. But they still come up with their reasons to mark Josh down. Check out this twitter exchange I had with (the real ) Kurt Warner. (Yes I was shocked too.)

So here's Kurt Warner, a guy who never misfired on a pass apparently, finding a new reason to lower Josh Allen's prestige because he misses "layups."  FYI that tweet was in response to this tweet/story by Ty Dunne.

53 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He's more respected than he was, mostly because the media types don't want to look like complete fools. But they still come up with their reasons to mark Josh down. Check out this twitter exchange I had with (the real ) Kurt Warner. (Yes I was shocked too.)

So here's Kurt Warner, a guy who never misfired on a pass apparently, finding a new reason to lower Josh Allen's prestige because he misses "layups."  FYI that tweet was in response to this tweet/story by Ty Dunne.

What's frustrating is to read how wrong this Tyler Dunne guy got it.  He talks about how Allen struggled in the playoffs last year against Baltimore & KC.  First he didn't mention the masterful game Allen had against the Colts to win the first playoff game. Nor did he mention that the Baltimore game was played in a wind storm and Allen actually played well by the standards of playing under those conditions.  Only in the KC championship game did the situation seem to big for Allen and he didn't bring his A game. 

Funny though that last years AFC Championship game was in Allen's 3rd season and I don't remember anyone claiming that Allen's lack of experience contributed to his game.  Yet a couple of day's ago in Kyler Murray's 3rd season, it seems like everyone was blaming Murray's game on his lack of experience!  I mean Murray had one of the worst games in recent memory by a QB and it's all because he doesn't have a lot of playoff experience.

No matter what happens Sunday, and Allen might struggle, there is no doubt that Allen has arrived and is a top 5 elite level QB.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

i find it interesting that Josh is inconsistent and Mahomes isnt when Patty spent the first half of the season.....being inconsistent.   sure hes back to his old ways now,  but nobody is playing better than Josh,  right now,  right here.

Chefs have lost to every team left in the playoffs from the AFC.   

their defense has gotten healthier and turned it around last half of the season,  but,   who did the Chefs play?   

Broncos,  win  - meh

Raiders,  destroyed them -  eh decent win i guess.

Chargers,  win, went to overtime - not exactly a blowout there

Steelers,  win,  blowout - meh

Bengals,  loss

Broncos,  close win - meh

Chefs D gave up 24+ points in 4 of those last 6 games.

not exactly world beaters.   

played 2 above average QBs that span of games,   lost one,  barely won the other game.

Chefs O is still top tier,  id argue that their D is middle of the pack

Bills O is just as explosive,  Bills D is top tier.

comes down to how the Refs call the game (ugh..) and which QB makes more plays.

ya Allen didnt play Mac Jones,  he played against the Pats D.    Keyshawn is an instant channel change for me.

It’s against NFL gospel to criticize Mahomes. We don’t hear about his inconsistent play, turnovers earlier in the season. Instead we are told the defense has turned their season around. Perhaps the defense was put in bad spots when Mahomes was being a turnover machine? On a Betting show on 1520 radio the morning of the Pats playoff game, the talking heads said they had to take the Pats and the 4 points because Allen lost to the Jaguars 2 months ago! The bias in favor of Mahomes vs Allen is astounding. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s against NFL gospel to criticize Mahomes. We don’t hear about his inconsistent play, turnovers earlier in the season. Instead we are told the defense has turned their season around. Perhaps the defense was put in bad spots when Mahomes was being a turnover machine? On a Betting show on 1520 radio the morning of the Pats playoff game, the talking heads said they had to take the Pats and the 4 points because Allen lost to the Jaguars 2 months ago! The bias in favor of Mahomes vs Allen is astounding. 

And I remember in the SB last year Mahomes threw for 400 yards and the defense let them down...😜

I like & cheer for Patrick, but he is Teflon, while the media waits to pounce on Allen.  

Maybe Kurt Warner is reluctant to give Allen his due because Josh steals some of his thunder. Going from bagging groceries (or working on a farm) with total disinterest from the football world to elite status is supposed to be only Kurt’s story. I don’t want to believe that but I think it’s possible.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.