According to some of these guys, it’s Allen‘s time to shine against Mahomes

BillsFan619

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I guess when you win a Super Bowl, no matter how, you are untouchable. What will they come up with when Allen wins one?

The only way to shut the all the haters is to win a SB that’s it !!! 

9 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I disagree.  Brady had a pretty average championship last season and they won the SB. He threw 3 INT's and had a QB rating under 74.

Yea but Brady went 5hru the NFC to reach the SB don't think he could get thru the AFC teams last year playing how he did during the playoff games.

32 minutes ago, Putin said:

We'll See. The goalposts always move for Josh. Win one Super Bowl and it becomes win another to be sure.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Putin said:

That's buying into their screwy false narrative.  There are a lot of retired Bills in the HOF who never won a Super Bowl.

I don't know what motivates these people to come on 2BD and take shots at Allen.  Now that Allen is an elite QB though they have to go all passive aggressive to do it.  In fact it's a sign of Allen's progress & success that they're reduced to calling out Allen not winning a SB yet!  My guess is that if not this year sometime in the next couple of years even that will go away as Allen leads the Bills to a SB.

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We'll See. The goalposts always move for Josh. Win one Super Bowl and it becomes win another to be sure.

Bingo. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Buffalo didnt have Milano either.  I think he impacts the Bills defense as much as Jones.  Overall, the narrative is Buffalo beat them but they are much better.  Buffalo is still the same.  Imo, this is backwards/ opposite.  Buffalo has found a run game since and evolved the offense to use multiple players and personal groupings.  Not just relying on Diggs, Beasley Sanders.   I feel Kc is still pretty much the same.  Same packages, similar plays.  The way to slow them is known and the strengths of the offense are the same.  

Josh is also getting rid of the ball faster than ever before so I don’t see Jones being all that crazy. It’s just paranoia around here. Bolton made one big play. He hasn’t been all that good.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

That's buying into their screwy false narrative.  There are a lot of retired Bills in the HOF who never won a Super Bowl.

I don't know what motivates these people to come on 2BD and take shots at Allen.  Now that Allen is an elite QB though they have to go all passive aggressive to do it.  In fact it's a sign of Allen's progress & success that they're reduced to calling out Allen not winning a SB yet!  My guess is that if not this year sometime in the next couple of years even that will go away as Allen leads the Bills to a SB.

Bingo. 

Allen has always had this strange aura of disrespect. No matter what he did, it was never enough. Until it got to the point he was better than anybody, and then it became passive aggressive. 

I truly believe it comes to an end on Sunday where Allen finally proves that not only is he better than Mahomes, he's in another tier. He already proved it earlier this year when he was hurdling defenders while Mahomes was on the bench without any answers. 

If Allen blows him away again, I believe the respect will finally start arriving. All Allen needed was a competent supporting cast, while Mahomes can't even function with what Allen has had to work with the last few years. 

This is the year. Our Super Bowl window officially opened during the Pats game. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I guess when you win a Super Bowl, no matter how, you are untouchable. What will they come up with when Allen wins one?

What makes you think they'll "come up" with something?

There are some exceptions the untouchable thing though. Trent Dilfer. So maybe you're right.

Seems to me Josh is pretty well respected in the press.

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Josh doesn't play against Mahommes. He plays against the KC defense.  In fact, Josh and Pat are never on the field of play at the same time.

I hope the BILLS have a long stretch of winning games vs KC.

I definitely get what you're saying. I really do.

That said, they do play against each other. If Allen has an awesome game, it does affect how Mahomes has to play if he wants to win the game. And vice versa.

A QB typically has to play better against a top QB because they're playing against each other. If Mac Jones were playing against Mahomes most wouldn't think that Mahomes would have to play as well to win that game. That said, if he was playing against Brady or Rodgers most would say that Mahomes would have to be on top of his game to not only keep up with a QB like that but win the game.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I’m sorry, did you just say Chris Jones is a top 10 player in the NFL? Stop it.

Although I would say that Chris Jones being a top 10 player in the league is not accurate he is one of the top 3 DT's in the NFL. Jones not being there in the first game was a big factor in the favor of the Bills. Jones being there and being on the interior will be a big time test for the O-line. 

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Although I would say that Chris Jones being a top 10 player in the league is not accurate he is one of the top 3 DT's in the NFL. Jones not being there in the first game was a big factor in the favor of the Bills. Jones being there and being on the interior will be a big time test for the O-line. 

I think the bills offensive line has improved exponentially since then also though.  

8 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

While I agree there is small but vociferous hard core among the talking heads that hold Josh to a different standard there are also a lot of people who have fully come around to him and I think if he wins a Superbowl the rest will follow. 

I just heard Max Kellerman, on his ESPN radio show this morning, say Allen is just a notch below the superhuman guys “like Herbert and Mahomes”…

….. What in gods name has this man been watching? Living under a rock, I’m assuming? Football guys like Cossel, Simms, and Palmer are literally claiming this Allen might be the most physically gifted qb of all time and Kellerman thinks he’s physically still a cut below a couple of guys currently in the league, let alone all time…. Comical stuff. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I just heard Max Kellerman, on his ESPN radio show this morning, say Allen is just a notch below the superhuman guys “like Herbert and Mahomes”…

….. What in gods name has this man been watching? Living under a rock, I’m assuming? Football guys like Cossel, Simms, and Palmer are literally claiming this Allen might be the most physically gifted qb of all time and Kellerman thinks he’s physically still a cut below a couple of guys currently in the league, let alone all time…. Comical stuff. 

on the opposite spectrum, david diehl on sirius was gushing about allen.  he couldn't get enough of the perfect game.  

34 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Max K is a non player who wouldn't know what a Unicorn looks like if it jammed it's horn up his bum. 

some good discussion here.

couple things

1) how good has KC's d been?  i see some great scoring stats, but their overall yardage stats are pretty bad.  are they just that solid in the red zone?

2) the biggest difference for the bills right now vs 5 or 6 weeks ago is we have much better interior line play, and our play calling.  motor is tearing it up like a savage, but that's cuz he's getting burn and the guys in front of him are doing good work (as well as his play).  our pass protection is more solid, and josh has more time scan the field or bigger lanes to trot through and make Ds tear their hair out.  instead of butt-ger and feliciano, we have what look like actual NFL starters at G in Bates and Williams.

3) since half time vs TB, our D (i swear mcd took it over, but maybe he's handed it back) has been more aggressive and in better position up front.  the plays we have been burned on have been due to either mistakes in the secondary (the 1st td vs NE, although it didn't matter at that point) or because of just close plays not going our way (the long TD vs TB in OT, where the DB was there to nearly pick off the ball but just got there too late).  a lot of that is on the DL balling out much harder, basham and Oliver have found another gear and that's where our biggest need was before.

Healthy WRs, an actual run game, and production from our TE (which we were lacking in last year's AFCCG) will likely be the measurable difference in the game should we win it this yeaer, but IMO the line play improvements above will be the deeper reason.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.