According to some of these guys, it’s Allen‘s time to shine against Mahomes

BillsFan619

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It had an effect. It wasn't as big as the impact Jones had. Allen never got comfortable. Even if receivers had been running open all over the field he wouldn't have been comfortable. What would have changed that is dealing with Jones. 

We'll have to agree to disagree here.  Jones is a handful but ALL 4 Bills WR's were playing hurt.  Allen's mobility can at least partially compensate for Jones but if his WR's can't separate things can deteriorate fast. As an aside did Jones lay against Cincy?  If he did the Bengal's were able to deal with it and that's with Spain at guard.

One last point, the Bills running game really is a lot better then it was in last seasons championship game.  If the Bills are patient and stick with their running game it will pay dividends against an aggressive D-lineman like Jones.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cisco2403 said:

Foxworth who is the one that stated Josh's ceiling is higher was an Allen hater. He has seemed to come around and accepted the fact that he was wrong about Josh. 

Graziani has been consistent that he believes its Josh's time and that Buffalo will win the Super Bowl this year because of Josh. I agree with him. I have thought that Josh is a top 3 player in this league. I now think he is bar none the best player in the NFL. 

These two priceless videos do a great job of showing why people like Foxworth talk out of their asses

• Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

We'll have to agree to disagree here.  Jones is a handful but ALL 4 Bills WR's were playing hurt.  Allen's mobility can at least partially compensate for Jones but if his WR's can't separate things can deteriorate fast. As an aside did Jones lay against Cincy?  If he did the Bengal's were able to deal with it and that's with Spain at guard.

One last point, the Bills running game really is a lot better then it was in last seasons championship game.  If the Bills are patient and stick with their running game it will pay dividends against an aggressive D-lineman like Jones.

Firstly, agree to disagree on last year but I 100% stand by what I say. 

Secondly, Jones did play against Cincy. He had two sacks and a QB knock down. Also Quinton Spain is a good player. No idea what happened his final year year in Buffalo but it was not football related. We benched him after 2 games and then we got rid of him and replaced him with inferior players. He allowed zero sacks in his one full year with the Bills. He has been Cincy's best lineman this year. The Bengals still moved the ball, no doubt. They played well. That still has nothing to do with last year's AFCCG. 

Thirdly, I haven't anywhere said the Bills can't handle Jones better this year. I think it is, however, the absolute key to the game. Because if they do I don't think the Chiefs can beat us because their secondary will not hold up to Josh Allen being comfortable in the pocket with time to throw. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Also to add, was so frustrating they got held a lot and didn't get called. Hard to overcome that. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

These two priceless videos do a great job of showing why people like Foxworth talk out of their asses

My goodness do these clowns actually get paid to express their knowledge of football?  Keep in mind this is after the 2019 season where Allen made big strides in his performance.  No wonder Allen is still questioned by some in the national media- their reputations were shredded by him.

I guess I should cut these "experts" some slack as they at lest thought Allen was better then Stidham!

30 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

With Bills Oline better now I believe they keep Jones contained better this time around

Jones is an elite DT no doubt. His presence makes the Chiefs' D significantly better than they were when we faced them a few months back.

He was very disruptive in the AFCCG last year -- but he was also very dirty. Took some very cheap shots and even threw some punches that should have gotten him ejected and no flag was even thrown. That said, the OL basically just sat there and took it and allowed him and the rest of the Chiefs' DL to bend them over. The Bills OL currently has a nasty streak that they didn't have last year. I think any funny business from Jones will reap immediate (and severe) retaliation.

Lets just hope the Bills are smart and calculated about this, so that they do not draw flags themselves (think, Jacksonville game). Also, hope McD does a good job working the refs pre-game to warn them of Jones' dirty tendencies.

Edited by 2003Contenders
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

My goodness do these clowns actually get paid to express their knowledge of football?  Keep in mind this is after the 2019 season where Allen made big strides in his performance.  No wonder Allen is still questioned by some in the national media- their reputations were shredded by him.

I guess I should cut these "experts" some slack as they at lest thought Allen was better then Stidham!

Yep, there's so much of this stuff out there. Colin Cowherd has some beauts before and after the 2018 draft where he insisted the Cards and Jets owned the draft and that Rosen and Darnold would change the franchises (well I guess they did technically).

Cowherd ripped Allen to pieces every chance he got, now he's his biggest fan. I've never heard him reference his old views on the guy though. Maybe he has but I've never heard him. 

To do well in that job you can't be balanced because you'll be seen as a fence sitter. Just talk ***** about everything as though you're a HOF coach or GM, then remind everyone when you were right or forget about it when you were wrong. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

Jones is an elite DT no doubt. His presence makes the Chiefs' D significantly better than they were when we faced them a few months back.

He was very disruptive in the AFCCG last year -- but he was also very dirty. Took some very cheap shots and even threw some punches that should have gotten him ejected and no flag was even thrown. That said, the OL basically just sat there and took it and allowed him and the rest of the Chiefs' DL to bend them over. The Bills OL currently has a nasty streak that they didn't have last year. I think any funny business from Jones will reap immediate (and severe) retaliation.

Lets just hope the Bills are smart and calculated about this, so that they do not draw flags themselves (think, Jacksonville game). Also, hope McD does a good job working the refs pre-game to warn them of Jones' dirty tendencies.

Yeah Bills Oline is a totally different beast now compared to AFCCG and week 5. I'm sure Bills know what to expect now and ready for it

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I heard someone say this, and i agree.  Josh Allen has a history of a flub or two after an elite game.  Mahomes has shown he can string together some elite performances for a few games in a row.  It's not all on the QB, but that's the difference for the moment.  That can all change this weekend,,,   But Josh will likely need to string together 4 darn good games in a row to win the SB.

This season Allen had a stretch of 5 games in a row with a passer rating over 100.  Mahomes longest was 4.  Both have 9 such games this year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yes, the Bills O line has been playing LIGHTS -OUT since Bates was inserted into the starting lineup approximately 4 weeks ago. They are better than they were earlier in the season. Brown is now a beast at RT and Dawkins is back to playing @ an all pro level. So I believe the O-Line will be fine.

Question is; will our D-Line get to Mahomes ?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

It’s a two minute video, so it’s short but sweet. Even the guy that picked Mahomes said that Allen has a higher ceiling, he just doesn’t do it as consistently.

I really do believe that Allen vs. Mahomes is most likely the new Brady vs. Manning rivalry. My hope is that Allen is the one that has more success over the long haul. Hopefully it starts this weekend. Go Bills!

Your thoughts not only about this upcoming game but do you think Allen can be the one that has more success vs. Mahomes over the long term?

Edit - For some reason, it won’t let me direct link to the video. Click on the link below and then find the video called “Allen or Mahomes: who will Carry their team to the AFC championship game?”.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills

He already did shine against mahomes this season lol we are also a much better and healthier team this year than we were last year in the afc championship.  If we lose I think we lose in a shootout with josh putting up numbers like the Tennessee game 

allen outplayed mahomes with a drastically inferior offensive line for the first 75% of the season and those guys are playing well now at just the right time. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Chris Jones is a top 10 player in this league and the best DT in the NFL after Aaron Donald. He didn't play in that game and the last time he did play against the Bills he destroyed our oline twice, especially in the AFCCG.

Another overlooked difference is Melvin Ingram who wasn't in KC the last game and the emergence of Nick Bolton who is a stud rookie LB.

If the oline can't limit these players Allen isn't going to have a chance to play well, let alone come close to his output in the last game in October.

I agree that Jones is a dominant player - but last year he tore up Feliciano and Boettger, neither who is playing now.  Let's see how he does vs Williams and Bates.  

As for Ingram, he will be a factor opposite Clark -agreed.  Bolton and the other LBs will now have to stop the run and cover. 

The KC Run D - even with above players has given up 667 yds in 4 reg season games in last 6 weeks - 2xDEN, PIT and LAC in the last month.  The KC D yields 1.2 yds more per play than the Bills D.  I believe the D - on either side - will be who delivers the win for either team.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is fair to say Kansas City are playing better on both sides of the ball than they were then. 

That said, for the guy who said "Josh Allen can't play that way consistently".... sure. He probably can't play THAT well consistently. I mean he was pretty much perfect on Saturday. Nobody expects perfect every week. Tom Brady wasn't perfect every week even in his prime. But this season he has been as consistent as Patrick Mahomes. Their stats are very similar. So what makes him so sure that Josh can't play a good game again this week but Mahomes can?

I agree. KC is different in many ways from the team that Buffalo beat handily.  I also think Buffalo is a better team than it was earlier in the season.  At that point, they played some great games, but struggled running the ball.  I think they were a more fragile team then.    They have toughened up, found some consistency on the offensive line, figured out how to have a running game and adapted to the loss of Tre White.  

Chris Jones will be a handful, but Buffalo is far better equipped to cope with him now than they were 6 weeks ago.  Pat Mahomes is always a threat to have an explosive game.  Buffalo and Sean McDermott are getting to know him fairly well though.  I'm not sure that he has as many dangerous weapons as he had previous to this season.  Of course, Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce are more than a handful.

4 hours ago, cisco2403 said:

Graziani has been consistent that he believes its Josh's time and that Buffalo will win the Super Bowl this year because of Josh. I agree with him. I have thought that Josh is a top 3 player in this league. I now think he is bar none the best player in the NFL. 

Here's his chance to prove it.  

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Chris Jones is a top 10 player in this league and the best DT in the NFL after Aaron Donald. He didn't play in that game and the last time he did play against the Bills he destroyed our oline twice, especially in the AFCCG.

Another overlooked difference is Melvin Ingram who wasn't in KC the last game and the emergence of Nick Bolton who is a stud rookie LB.

If the oline can't limit these players Allen isn't going to have a chance to play well, let alone come close to his output in the last game in October.

That KC defense in the last five games, omitting the Steeler games, was not so hot.  Averaged giving up 28 points a game.  They can be beat and will be.

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

and we were worried there wouldn't be bulletin board material this week.

Never give a moron a platform,   Keyshawn never disappoints.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.