According to some of these guys, it’s Allen‘s time to shine against Mahomes

BillsFan619

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Again did you watch the Game THIS year?

When…..in week 4 without their best player? Yeah, I was at arrowhead. Watched 10 times after the fact.  You’re acting like teams can’t improve during the season.  Meanwhile we had the 2nd best run game in the nfl over the last 4-5 weeks.  While being one of the worst run games in the first half.  Why can’t the chiefs D improve? 

anyway, no reason to continue this.  Agree to disagree.

8 minutes ago, Rampage said:

The Chiefs defense has been lights out the second half of the season. Two totally different defense at this point in the season.

Lights out until they played Burrow and Cinci did whatever they wanted in that second half.  

They are much better than they were Week 5 though.  This OL has to prove they can keep the pass rush (with Jones) off Allen, because they didn't have to do that earlier this year.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

OL just has evolved.  If the KC Defense can get better why can out OL not get better?

They have and I've acknowledged that.

The fact that Bates has been inserted into the lineup and playing at a high level will be huge for this team. And as long as Feliano is not on the field it's another huge win for us.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’m sorry, did you just say Chris Jones is a top 10 player in the NFL? Stop it.

He's a top 10 NFL defensive player which is good enough for me.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

When…..in week 4 without their best player? Yeah, I was at arrowhead. Watched 10 times after the fact.  You’re acting like teams can’t improve during the season.  Meanwhile we had the 2nd best run game in the nfl over the last 4-5 weeks.  While being one of the worst run games in the first half.  Why can’t the chiefs D improve? 

It can improve Just like the Bills OL Can improve.  Just like the Bills Defense can Improve.  

You still have the NO 1 passing Defense against Mahomes, and an Elite QB against a suspect Defense that has lit up better defenses this season, to include the one they are about to play.  I understand Jones, I also know their secondary is still the same secondary that hd no answer to a 2nd year QB in Burrow a couple weeks ago. or no Answer for Herbert either, and I would put Allen above those QBs wouldnt you?

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

They have and I've acknowledged that.

The fact that Bates has been inserted into the lineup and playing at a high level will be huge for this team. And as long as Feliano is not on the field it's another huge win for us.

He's a top 10 NFL defensive player which is good enough for me.

That "improved" defense still was Shredded by Burrow and Hebert in recent weeks.  Would you put Allen above those two QBs in rankings currently?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

If Jones wrecks our offense this week I'll be shocked. The Bills will have to double him as much as possible, trap him, counter him etc. If this doesn't happen it's a huge coaching error.

I hope so!  The last two times he played us, he was the most dominant player on the both sides of the ball and it wasn’t really that close.  

He’s a DT, so we’re in a position where we can double him a bunch.  I hope you’re right and we focus our game plan on him.  He’s a monster 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’m sorry, did you just say Chris Jones is a top 10 player in the NFL? Stop it.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he meant top 10 defensive player. Where I think a credible case can certainly be made. How many defensive players would make a top 10 players in the league list is an interesting question. I think 1 possibly 2? The two most obvious candidates both play on the Rams. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Buffalo didnt have Milano either.  I think he impacts the Bills defense as much as Jones.  Overall, the narrative is Buffalo beat them but they are much better.  Buffalo is still the same.  Imo, this is backwards/ opposite.  Buffalo has found a run game since and evolved the offense to use multiple players and personal groupings.  Not just relying on Diggs, Beasley Sanders.   I feel Kc is still pretty much the same.  Same packages, similar plays.  The way to slow them is known and the strengths of the offense are the same.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

It can improve Just like the Bills OL Can improve.  Just like the Bills Defense can Improve.  

You still have the NO 1 passing Defense against Mahomes, and an Elite QB against a suspect Defense that has lit up better defenses this season, to include the one they are about to play.  I understand Jones, I also know their secondary is still the same secondary that hd no answer to a 2nd year QB in Burrow a couple weeks ago. or no Answer for Herbert either, and I would put Allen above those QBs wouldnt you?

That "improved" defense still was Shredded by Burrow and Hebert in recent weeks.  Would you put Allen above those two QBs in rankings currently?

Absolutely, but the only issue is those were both road games.

This is why I hate the fact that the Bills have to go on the road to Arrowhead again in an environment that has always favored their defense.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

i made one comment regarding Chris Jones.  He’s been my topic of conversation.  He’s a potential game wrecker.  If he wrecks, our game plan could be shattered.  That’s all I’m saying.  It’s possible.  We’ve seen it happen the last two times he’s played us.  

Not much else to say….. I agree, we CAN still slaughter them with Jones.  Let’s just not act like we’re automatically going to slaughter them because we did earlier in the season.  Their D is better than they were week 4. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, BillsFan619 said:

It’s a two minute video, so it’s short but sweet. Even the guy that picked Mahomes said that Allen has a higher ceiling, he just doesn’t do it as consistently.

I really do believe that Allen vs. Mahomes is most likely the new Brady vs. Manning rivalry. My hope is that Allen is the one that has more success over the long haul. Hopefully it starts this weekend. Go Bills!

Your thoughts?

Edit - For some reason, it won’t let me direct link to the video. Click on the link below and then find the video called “Allen or Mahomes: who will Carry their team to the AFC championship game?”.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills

Because of their somewhat similar style of play I'd agree with them being the next Brady - Manning rivalry, but not sure you can leave out Burrow based on what we've seen lately  Or maybe they'll be a second Burrow - Lawrence rivalry too.

What's the NFC got?  Dak??

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He didn’t play that defense.  Chris Jones IS that defense.  

Chris Jones is good.  But he is not Reggie White.  I hate the hype that some players get.  Its the same w Mathew Stafford.  He is good.  But he still throws a bunch of picks and is Kirk Cousins when pressured.  I think Morse and Bates can handle Jones.  They have noone who can stay with McKenzie on the jet sweep.  Or anyone who can stop Josh when he runs.  Sorenson would not even make our roster.  

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Buffalo didnt have Milano either.  I think he impacts the Bills defense as much as Jones.  Overall, the narrative is Buffalo beat them but they are much better.  Buffalo is still the same.  Imo, this is backwards/ opposite.  Buffalo has found a run game since and evolved the offense to use multiple players and personal groupings.  Not just relying on Diggs, Beasley Sanders.   I feel Kc is still pretty much the same.  Same packages, similar plays.  The way to slow them is known and the strengths of the offense are the same.  

Yeah, Buffalo not having Milano has nothing  to do with the conversation I’m having.  We’re talking about Chris Jones and the impact he can have on their D.  We aren’t talking about who is going to win. We aren’t talking about our D stopping them. We aren’t talking about narratives.  

As I’ve stated several times, yes, our run game has improved……it was the point I made to show that the chiefs defense that we played in week 4 isn’t the same D we’re facing this week.  

Just now, NewEra said:

Yeah, Buffalo not having Milano has nothing  to do with the conversation I’m having.  We’re talking about Chris Jones and the impact he can have on their D.  We aren’t talking about who is going to win. We aren’t talking about our D stopping them. We aren’t talking about narratives.  

As I’ve stated several times, yes, our run game has improved……it was the point I made to show that the chiefs defense that we played in week 4 isn’t the same D we’re facing this week.  

It's also a different oline

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

i made one comment regarding Chris Jones.  He’s been my topic of conversation.  He’s a potential game wrecker.  If he wrecks, our game plan could be shattered.  That’s all I’m saying.  It’s possible.  We’ve seen it happen the last two times he’s played us.  

Not much else to say….. I agree, we CAN still slaughter them with Jones.  Let’s just not act like we’re automatically going to slaughter them because we did earlier in the season.  Their D is better than they were week 4. 

Jones was IMO the single biggest reason they won the AFCCG last year. We could not get Josh comfortable at all because he was destroying the pocket snap after snap. Yes, we failed to pressure Mahomes the same way, granted. But that game should have been a whoever has the ball last shootout. It wasn't primarily because of Chris Jones. If the Bills keep Jones quiet, I don't think Kansas City can beat us this weekend. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

This is a relevant point. Because Jones's main victim in both games last year was the now benched Feliciano. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Chris Jones is good.  But he is not Reggie White.  I hate the hype that some players get.  Its the same w Mathew Stafford.  He is good.  But he still throws a bunch of picks and is Kirk Cousins when pressured.  I think Morse and Bates can handle Jones.  They have noone who can stay with McKenzie on the jet sweep.  Or anyone who can stop Josh when he runs.  Sorenson would not even make our roster.  

Omg…..

He’s good but he’s not Reggie white.  Mahomes is good but he’s not Brady.  Kelce is good but he’s not Tony g.  Tyreek is good but he’s not Jerry rice.  Stop.  That post is ridic.  Chris Jones blew up our offense TWO times last year.  He played those two games at a Reggie white type level. Believe that.  

you hate the hype….WATCH THE TAPE BRO!!!  Rewatch last years chiefs bills games.  When he’s on his game the hype is REAL

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

For sure it is.  And we can scheme differently.  There are ways to lessen Jones’ impact.  I’m not saying that we can’t.  I’m not saying that he’s 💯 going to destroy us.  I’m saying that he is a difference maker that has proven he can wreck our offense. Him not playing in week 4 helped our offense succeed.  

everyone acting like I’m saying Jones is going dominate us.  I’m not.  I’m saying if we don’t deal with him properly, he can ruin us.  Even if we deal with him properly, he has the ability to make huge plays.  Hes a game changer and he didn’t play last time.  I don’t see how we can overlook him playing this game and say “we slaughtered this same defense week 4”.  You know that statement is bs.  

I heard someone say this, and i agree.  Josh Allen has a history of a flub or two after an elite game.  Mahomes has shown he can string together some elite performances for a few games in a row.  It's not all on the QB, but that's the difference for the moment.  That can all change this weekend,,,   But Josh will likely need to string together 4 darn good games in a row to win the SB.

15 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Because of their somewhat similar style of play I'd agree with them being the next Brady - Manning rivalry, but not sure you can leave out Burrow based on what we've seen lately  Or maybe they'll be a second Burrow - Lawrence rivalry too.

What's the NFC got?  Dak??

Oh for sure. I definitely see your point.

That said, they might be a tier below Allen and Mahomes. Kind of like when there was Big Ben, Philip Rivers and Drew Brees. They weren’t rivals but they were a tier below Brady and Manning.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.