According to some of these guys, it’s Allen‘s time to shine against Mahomes

BillsFan619

It’s a two minute video, so it’s short but sweet. Even the guy that picked Mahomes said that Allen has a higher ceiling, he just doesn’t do it as consistently.

I really do believe that Allen vs. Mahomes is most likely the new Brady vs. Manning rivalry. My hope is that Allen is the one that has more success over the long haul. Hopefully it starts this weekend. Go Bills!

Your thoughts not only about this upcoming game but do you think Allen can be the one that has more success vs. Mahomes over the long term?

Edit - For some reason, it won’t let me direct link to the video. Click on the link below and then find the video called “Allen or Mahomes: who will Carry their team to the AFC championship game?”.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

It’s a two minute video, so it’s short but sweet. Even the guy that picked Mahomes said that Allen has a higher ceiling, he just doesn’t do it as consistently.

Thoughts? Go Bills!

Edit - For some reason, it won’t let me direct link to the video. Click on the link below and then find the video called “Allen or Mahomes: who will Carry their team to the AFC championship game?”.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills

Foxworth who is the one that stated Josh's ceiling is higher was an Allen hater. He has seemed to come around and accepted the fact that he was wrong about Josh. 

Graziani has been consistent that he believes its Josh's time and that Buffalo will win the Super Bowl this year because of Josh. I agree with him. I have thought that Josh is a top 3 player in this league. I now think he is bar none the best player in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think we should all be able to admit that - until proven otherwise - Allen has the highest ceiling of any QB in the league.  However, Mahomes has built up the trust factor.  

When people say "I know Mahomes will show up... will Allen?".. I don't think that's an unfair question to ask.  

That changes Sunday if Buffalo wins.  

It's up to Allen to outduel Mahomes and/or our Defense to remove the "outlier" label from what Tampa Bay did to him last year.  

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Josh had no issues with that Defense first meeting this year, going over 300 and 3 TDs in the air and adding another on the ground.

And Bills Defense  held Mahomes Sub 300 and 2 TDs and 2 Picks

It's been proven that Mahomes is human in the regular season. Now the "believe it when I see it" people want to see it in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Josh had no issues with that Defense first meeting this year, going over 300 and 3 TDs in the air and adding another on the ground.

He didn’t play that defense.  Chris Jones IS that defense.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

The Chiefs defense has been lights out the second half of the season. Two totally different defense at this point in the season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

He didn’t play that defense.  Chris Jones IS that defense.  

One player doesnt make a Defense.  Sorry.  Yes they made changes, just like ours changed with No Tre.  

But the Fact of the matter is Allen has done it against this defense this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

Take off the Chiefs rose colored glasses.  Throw out Allens rookie season.  Mahomes didnt really play as a rookie.  Allens numbers are very similar and some cases better than Mahomes.  You could even say Allen played better the last 2 seasons in comparison.   Now, the overall media and casual followers of Buffalo may not believe or know how close it is.    

A few years ago Steve Young was going on about a game Michael Vick had against, I believe the redskins, when he was with the Eagles.  Basically, the next evolution of qb will be when a Qb can win inside the pocket with the regular drop back qb stuff and is also a dynamic runner.  Allen is really the first to blend pocket, scrambling and running from the position at elite levels. 

Maybe Buffalo always struggles with KC and they cant get by them.  Maybe Allen raises his game to level even Mahomes hasnt yet.  

Edited by Mat68
  • Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

The Chiefs defense has been lights out the second half of the season. Two totally different defense at this point in the season.

So wasnt NEs a top 5 Defense

Bottomline WE HAVE AN ELITE QB.  the sooner people recognize that the less they agonize over other teams ELITE QBs

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

One player doesnt make a Defense.  Sorry.  Yes they made changes, just like ours changed with No Tre.  

You must’ve not watched him closely enough in the AFCCG and in the regular season meeting last year.  

• Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Chris Jones is a top 10 player in this league and the best DT in the NFL after Aaron Donald. He didn't play in that game and the last time he did play against the Bills he destroyed our oline twice, especially in the AFCCG.

Another overlooked difference is Melvin Ingram who wasn't in KC the last game and the emergence of Nick Bolton who is a stud rookie LB.

If the oline can't limit these players Allen isn't going to have a chance to play well, let alone come close to his output in the last game in October.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

It is fair to say Kansas City are playing better on both sides of the ball than they were then. 

That said, for the guy who said "Josh Allen can't play that way consistently".... sure. He probably can't play THAT well consistently. I mean he was pretty much perfect on Saturday. Nobody expects perfect every week. Tom Brady wasn't perfect every week even in his prime. But this season he has been as consistent as Patrick Mahomes. Their stats are very similar. So what makes him so sure that Josh can't play a good game again this week but Mahomes can?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Their defense has been playing at a much higher level since they acquired Ingram and moved Jones back inside.  Just look at the numbers.  It’s obvious that their defense isn’t the same defense as it was when we faced them earlier.  Just like our run game isn’t the same as it was earlier in the season.  Teams evolve.  They aren’t a great D imo….. but they’re MUCH better now than when we faced them earlier….minus their best player.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You must’ve not watched him closely enough in the AFCCG and in the regular season meeting last year.  

Again did you watch the Game THIS year?

Just now, NewEra said:

Their defense has been playing at a much higher level since they acquired Ingram and moved Jones back inside.  Just look at the numbers.  It’s obvious that their defense isn’t the same defense as it was when we faced them earlier.  Just like our run game isn’t the same as it was earlier in the season.  Teams evolve.  They aren’t a great D imo….. but they’re MUCH better now than when we faced them earlier….minus their best player.  

Top 5 Defense was JUST shredded like it was a JV team.  Why should we not expect to shred a lesser ranked team.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If Jones wrecks our offense this week I'll be shocked. The Bills will have to double him as much as possible, trap him, counter him etc. If this doesn't happen it's a huge coaching error.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Chris Jones is a top 10 player in this league and the best DT in the NFL after Aaron Donald. He didn't play in that game and the last time he did play against the Bills he destroyed our oline twice, especially in the AFCCG.

Another overlooked difference is Melvin Ingram who wasn't in KC the last game and the emergence of Nick Bolton who is a stud rookie LB.

If the oline can't limit these players Allen isn't going to have a chance to play well, let alone come close to his output in the last game in October.

OL just has evolved.  If the KC Defense can get better why can out OL not get better?

• Like (+1) 2

Our top 4 WR's all had significant injuries in the AFCCG.  Smoke had his knee, Davis his ankle, Diggs his oblique and Beasley was playing on a broken leg.

At the end, Allen simply had to force it because guys weren't getting open.

They can't cover us this year.  Their O may be able to keep up, but the Bills are scoring points this Sunday.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I’m sorry, did you just say Chris Jones is a top 10 player in the NFL? Stop it.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.