Who would you rather face next week?

Captain Caveman

Who would you rather face next week?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather face next week?

49 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

The Chiefs are the biggest obstacle to winning the Super Bowl, how anyone can look beyond this Sunday is baffling. 

We're fans!  We can look anywhere we want, all at the same time, with ZERO repercussions on anything!

Isn't that fantastic?!

49 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If the Bills beat the Chiefs then bring on the Bengals. I want the AFCCG in OP.

This is what I voted for too.

Home vs. on the road is obvious, plus, Bengals play much better at home--and are weaker on the road.

After the atmosphere in the Ralph against New England, I can't imagine the Bengals coming in there and surviving.  Josh seems to have found a way to remain calm at home so his best can come out.

• Like (+1) 3

The biggest factor in that choice is location.  If it's Cinci, it's a home game.  Otherwise, I don't know that one opponent is that advantageous over the other.  If Tennessee still had Derrick Henry, I'd be really wary of Tennessee, but Joe Mixon is at least as tough a running back to defend as D'Onta Foreman.  I think Tennessee has a somewhat better defense, but it's not a huge factor.  On the other hand, I think Joe Burrow is potentially a more dangerous QB than Ryan Tannehill and the Cincinnati offense is more explosive.  Either way, Buffalo is a solid team.  If they can handle KC's explosiveness, the defense can handle Cincinnati's, and they look like they are finally developing some toughness against the run.  Offensively, I think Buffalo has exorcised their demons from earlier in the year.  If the Patriots game is any indication of who and what the Bills are now, it's the other team that should be more worried, no matter who the opponent is.

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

I'm not looking past the Chiefs, I know they are slight favorites (and after the shellacking they gave the Steelers, and having earned the #2 seed and playing at home, they deserve to be.)

With that said, if we do win, do you have a team you'd rather play next week?  Why?

Personally I'm rooting for Cincinnati, mostly just because I'd rather play at home.  I think they have a more dangerous offense, but it's not more dangerous than the Chiefs, so I feel like if we can handle our business there we should be good against the Bengals.

Yes.  Want the home game. 

36 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'd really hate to see how you treat your enemies . . . 

I mean I hope they eventually recover.  Even if its not fully. 

20 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This type of thread is the epitome of bad karma and despite what anyone else wants to believe there's still probably at least a 65-70% chance the Chiefs move on and the Bills season comes to an end Sunday night.

Yeah preach to us about karma as you claim there is a 70% chance we lose. 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

I mean I hope they eventually recover.  Even if its not fully. 

Yeah preach to us about karma as you claim there is a 70% chance we lose. 

The actions of one football fan starting a post is what determines who wins a football game lolll that’s like the butterfly effect level sh*t right there 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't like a matchup with Tennessee.

It's the only team left in the playoffs I don't want to face. We have had our share of trouble with elite/power runners and Henry is the best in the business.

That said I'm expecting to be headed to Nashville next week as part of our revenge tour. It's our destiny this year.

On 1/18/2022 at 11:56 AM, FilthyBeast said:

This type of thread is the epitome of bad karma and despite what anyone else wants to believe there's still probably at least a 65-70% chance the Chiefs move on and the Bills season comes to an end Sunday night.

There is a 100% chance that you are a clown

I think Tenn is an easier matchup given how Burrow is playing, but I'd like a home game.  So conflicted.  Screw it, we are the biggest advantage.  Changing my vote to Cincy.  

Also, this is not bad karma or whatever.  The fans are not looking past KC.  This whole post is premised on beating KC, and the forum has numerous threads on the KC game and the difficulty of beating KC (who, btw, has the #1 scoring D the second half of the season.....the overall D numbers if reset then would have KC with the #1 D).  

On 1/18/2022 at 8:23 AM, BigAl2526 said:

The biggest factor in that choice is location.  If it's Cinci, it's a home game.  Otherwise, I don't know that one opponent is that advantageous over the other.  If Tennessee still had Derrick Henry, I'd be really wary of Tennessee, but Joe Mixon is at least as tough a running back to defend as D'Onta Foreman.  I think Tennessee has a somewhat better defense, but it's not a huge factor.  On the other hand, I think Joe Burrow is potentially a more dangerous QB than Ryan Tannehill and the Cincinnati offense is more explosive.  Either way, Buffalo is a solid team.  If they can handle KC's explosiveness, the defense can handle Cincinnati's, and they look like they are finally developing some toughness against the run.  Offensively, I think Buffalo has exorcised their demons from earlier in the year.  If the Patriots game is any indication of who and what the Bills are now, it's the other team that should be more worried, no matter who the opponent is.

Henry is playing this weekend. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.