Upon further review ... Spencer Brown is a BALLER

Dan Darragh

11 minutes ago, Supe said:

Expect to see Brown (a former 8 man All-State tight end) report in as eligible as did Doyle on Saturday. The former power forward can post up or run away from a DB.   image.jpeg.fd539761ebd727cb5d55d7fd60437053.jpeg

How'd you like to see that coming down the lane at ya? :lol:

On 1/18/2022 at 10:41 AM, Georgie said:

Every place I look Brown is listed at 311. Where do you get 290? Since he is almost 24,he might be done growing.

Done growing for sure, but body composition can change and weight can go up or down pretty easy.  The guy looks solid, but almost everyone coming out of college can gain on strength with NFL trainers.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

No gripes with any of that; love to watch him play all over the field. Just a little worried about his feet in passpro; he's had some occasional, but recurring tics that Josh's presence and athleticism have covered up.

With DWilliams deservedly on his way out the door and the Bill about to have no OT depth, if I'm Beane I'm sorely tempted to use that first pick on a good young OT and kick Spencer inside to solve a couple problems with a single asset. 

I doubt Williams is on his way out.  He's relatively cheap ($7M) even for a starting OG and there are no replacements in FA who will better and cost anywhere close to that amount.  It's possible they could draft someone, but they'll have to make a determination by 3/20 because almost 2/3 of his base salary guarantees the next day, and the draft won't have yet occurred, much less will any rookie prove to be starting material.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

I doubt Williams is on his way out.  He's relatively cheap ($7M) even for a starting OG and there are no replacements in FA who will better and cost anywhere close to that amount.  It's possible they could draft someone, but they'll have to make a determination by 3/20 because almost 2/3 of his base salary guarantees the next day, and the draft won't have yet occurred, much less will any rookie prove to be starting material.

The problem is that he's not a starting-caliber Guard at this point; he's been gawdawful all year no matter where they stick him. And the only reason a guy goes that quickly from being as great as he was last year to as bad he's been this year is because he's not focused and putting in the work; and that is not part of the Process.

It's also not the first time he's been great in a contract year and turned into a blob of old mayonnaise the year after he got paid. I think he puled the same thing in Carolina. 

If he was in a contract year next season I could see the Bills holding on to him in the hopes he decides to show up and play for one more contract. But I think he's got two years left and I doubt if the Bills are going to risk paying him to take up an important roster spot next year when their #1 priority has to be putting a really good OLine in front of their franchise QB.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

The problem is that he's not a starting-caliber Guard at this point; he's been gawdawful all year no matter where they stick him. And the only reason a guy goes that quickly from being as great as he was last year to as bad he's been this year is because he's not focused and putting in the work; and that is not part of the Process.

It's also not the first time he's been great in a contract year and turned into a blob of old mayonnaise the year after he got paid. I think he puled the same thing in Carolina. 

If he was in a contract year next season I could see the Bills holding on to him in the hopes he decides to show up and play for one more contract. But I think he's got two years left and I doubt if the Bills are going to risk paying him to take up an important roster spot next year when their #1 priority has to be putting a really good OLine in front of their franchise QB.

No, he got injured.  He made 2nd team All-Pro at RT in his 3rd season and then was lost for the season in the first game of the next season, all while still under his rookie contract.  Then when he returned, they played him everywhere but RT.

What his story was at RT this year, I have no idea, but you're the first person to say he's been playing godawful at RG.  But again, I don't see a better option at even a similar price in FA. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.