Upon further review ... Spencer Brown is a BALLER

Dan Darragh

The emergence of Brown at RT is huge for the long term competitiveness of the Bills.  When you can land a quality starting tackle in the 3rd round who is also a physical specimen and he contributes as a rookie you're playing with house money.  And when Brown at RT allows you to move Williams to guard, where he is flourishing, it's like winning the lotto.

• Like (+1) 26
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I think Brown will be part of the Bills O line going forward & i also think that Doyle will be too Dawkins has been good at LT but i think having both these rookies on the team will ensure that if Dawkins were to go down that his position will be able to be covered & if either play his position better than he did then that's just a plus all the way around !! 

Beane is looking to the future & bringing in players that will keep Josh & the Bills upright for a long time !!

Edited by T master
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Maynard said:

Imagine how much better Brown is going to get as well. 

Trent Williams, the gold standard amongst tackles, is 6-5 320. Brown is 6-8 290, does he get bigger in the weight room? or with Josh's mobility do we keep him long and mean.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The emergence of Brown and better-late-than-never insertion of Bates are the two keys to the OL's resurgence.  Doyle isn't yet ready to be a "top 5" guy but his addition as the 6th OL has been significant as well.  Nice to see things coming together for this OL at the right time.

I think even @GunnerBill needs to start revisiting his stance that the line, even recently, has only been "average."

• Like (+1) 5

I said after the first Pats game, when some where giving him too much grief,  that he has “ Want to”.

You can’t coach that. You either have some Dog in you or you don’t. You can coach discipline though. He seems like he’s got his head on his shoulders AND he loves smacking people. An instant favorite of mine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

I don't know about flattened - he hit him back the first time and chipped him to the ground the second time.  BUT - bottom line he extended that play for sure!!  For a rook he is playing very well.  Hoping Doyle pans out half as good as Spencer and the Bills have one helluva 2021 Draft!!!!

GO BILLS!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

22 minutes ago, eball said:

I think even @GunnerBill needs to start revisiting his stance that the line, even recently, has only been "average."

That is a massive over simplification of what I said, with respect. He has been good for a rookie. Compared to right tackles across the league he has been average. A good run blocker who has struggled at times with pass blocking. But I am sufficiently impressed to basically be saying I am going into next year with him as my right tackle and not looking to bring a vet in to compete. I was not there after Cody Ford's rookie year for example. There is lots of reasons to be optimistic about Spencer Brown. 

• Like (+1) 6

41 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Trent Williams, the gold standard amongst tackles, is 6-5 320. Brown is 6-8 290, does he get bigger in the weight room? or with Josh's mobility do we keep him long and mean.

Every place I look Brown is listed at 311. Where do you get 290? Since he is almost 24,he might be done growing.

46 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Cody Ford = rare Beane draft miss.  Brown is the one.

So, I don’t get these types of posts. Do you think we don’t know Ford’s not very good? 

It’s a thread about how good one of our players are, why even include that? 

It would be like if someone posted how well the corners were doing, and you’re like “Wildgoose was a big miss by Beane.” 

Can you explain the thought process? It’s mind boggling. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.