Pats' Phillips says there isn't a a significant gap between Bills and Pats

vtnatefootball11

15 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

The division race should never have been as close as it was this season but we played below our standard the first 3 quarters of the season.  Ever since the 2nd half of the Tampa game we have been firing on all cylinders and back to where we were last year.

And they finally found a group of 5 guys that work on the offensive line and have been healthy.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

And Tua’s completion percentage and passer rating in his first two years compared to Allen’s mean that Tua will be a star. Just ask dolphin fans.

I wonder if the Pats fans, once the schedule comes out, does a W/L record and automatically puts 2 L's by the Bills games.

"Okay, the Jets and Dolphins are a mess and those are 4 easy wins.  If we can just finish 4-2 in the division and just win 6 more games against teams we should beat....we should get a WC.  Just hope another team like the Chiefs can knock out Buffalo so we can have an easy path to the Super Bowl!"

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

If they get Mac Jones some more weapons and he takes another step next year they aren't necessarily wrong.

And considering the Bills may be on the verge of losing both their coordinators, some front office folks and won't be major players in FA because of cap space anything can happen next year which adds to the pressure and urgency of trying to get to a SB and win it this year.

They have a ton of people with expiring contracts, older players, not much cap space and not many draft picks.  Good luck on your team but they are going to be a middling team for a while.  Belichick is also not going to be coaching forever.

22 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

I was told by quite a few Pats fans on social media that we beat a rebuilding Patriots team. Patriots have the 10th oldest roster, spent the most money in free agency this past season and only have 5 draft picks(1, 2,3,4 & 6). Never seen a rebuild like that before, but I guess Belichick is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.🙄

We have better skill players and a younger faster defense. Where do they have an advantage over us? You can’t say coaching anymore since McDermott is 4-1 the last 5 games with 3 of our wins not even being competitive.

Patriot friends of mine describe it more like this:  There weren't high hopes for this year given last year's performance the fact they had a rookie QB.   But the D did well statistically - until the Bills buzz saw.   And Mac played well enough for their fans to believe the future might get better.   

They don't see this is a full-on rebuild - maybe but more of a reload.  

Still, my Pats friends are painfully aware that Tommy Boy is gone and Mac Jones will not be the next Tom Brady.  They know competing with the Josh-led Bills is going to be tough with a QB v QB deficit.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.