Pats' Phillips says there isn't a a significant gap between Bills and Pats

vtnatefootball11

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

As I often felt during the drought, who is their blue chip star?

Damien Harris? JC Jackson? Its a bunch of the middle of the road guys. They will beat up on some bad teams, but then they run into a good one and get their butts handed to them. We saw it a bunch of times in the drought 

Perfectly said Captain H.  They are a middle of the road team.  They won't suck as long as Belichik is there because he is still a good coach.  But we are light years ahead of them.  They can keep their Donte Hightowers and Kyle Van Noy's.  Heck bring back Rob Ninkovic.  And Stefan Gilmore.  They are all old and slow.  We own them now.

Is Mack Jones any better then Tua?  Those Bama QB's are really mediocre when they play in the NFL.  Jones Tua and Jalen Hurts. All meh.  How overmatched did Hurts look against the Bucs.  

Damien Harris? JC Jackson? Its a bunch of the middle of the road guys. They will beat up on some bad teams, but then they run into a good one and get their butts handed to them. We saw it a bunch of times in the drought 

Perfectly said Captain H.  They are a middle of the road team.  They won't suck as long as Belichik is there because he is still a good coach.  But we are light years ahead of them.  They can keep their Donte Hightowers and Kyle Van Noy's.  Heck bring back Rob Ninkovic.  And Stefan Gilmore.  They are all old and slow.  We own them now.

Is Mack Jones any better then Tua?  Those Bama QB's are really mediocre when they play in the NFL.  Jones Tua and Jalen Hurts. All meh.  How overmatched did Hurts look against the Bucs.  

Not surprised to hear that.  Professional athletes all have a similar mindset, they never lose because the other team is better, they lost because they didn't execute properly.  I'm sure September 1st every year, the players on all 32 teams will tell you they feel they can win their division or more.

2 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

We have better skill players and a younger faster defense. Where do they have an advantage over us? You can’t say coaching anymore since McDermott is 4-1 the last 5 games with 3 of our wins not even being competitive.

I did not say there isn't a gap; in fact, I agree with your first sentence.  My point is the QB position is what currently makes for a significant gap between the teams. Take away that, and the Pats aren't too far off, but there is still a gap. They were the #2 scoring D after all. 

The Cheatriots looked old and slow.  Their LB's in pass coverage were a joke.  I expect them to replace at least five starters on their defense and upgrade the WR group.  Their biggest dilemma will be at QB.  Do they believe that a game manager with an average arm can compete with Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, and Burrow in the AFC?  I believe that they already know the answer and will be forced to go with Jones until a better option is available.  I do expect them to be secretly involved in trade activity surrounding veteran QB's that may become available.

Behind the scenes, Belicheat may be more concerned about securing the record for the most career coaching wins than he is about winning another SB.

I have to admit it's great to see all of the Patriot's fans with their panties in a knot.  I hope there's about 25 years of misery in their future.  Go Bills!

29 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If they get Mac Jones some more weapons and he takes another step next year they aren't necessarily wrong.

And considering the Bills may be on the verge of losing both their coordinators, some front office folks and won't be major players in FA because of cap space anything can happen next year which adds to the pressure and urgency of trying to get to a SB and win it this year.

Yeah, that's what he meant.  🙄

3 hours ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

There is a part of me that applauds him for the bravado. It may also be true that “on any given Sunday” his team will win. 

However, the clear difference in the past two games with the cheats* is that in a QB driven league Mac Jones is not even in the same stratosphere as Josh Allen.  The Cheats* were fortunate to have a wind bowl game in Buffalo that neutralized a huge portion of the Bills attack.  All the credit in the world to Bellicheat* and friends* for taking advantage of the conditions and pulling out a victory.  They would be smart to install wind generators in Foxboro because they will not have easy answers for Josh Allen otherwise.

4 hours ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Old News 

FJP8ictWQAMlGjM?format=jpg&name=900x900

FJP8irSWQAcNkML?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

I wonder how they deal with Free-Agency when players are no longer signing with them to chase a ring.

They had to overpay last offseason. (like everyone else). They can't afford to do that again.

I agree but I think BB will.  If he keeps coaching he is not going to go through a proper rebuild.  He is going to try to do a quick patch.

Does anyone think that when BB does retire he is going to concern himself with the Pats* future cap and draft picks?

His only choice right now to stay relevant IMO is to go all in.

Has anyone ever gone two whole games without punting against a division rival in a season before? Lol I doubt it.  The pats got historically owned this year.  Not to mention they had to go like 9/9 on 4th down those two games to not lose by even more 

1 hour ago, TPS said:

I did not say there isn't a gap; in fact, I agree with your first sentence.  My point is the QB position is what currently makes for a significant gap between the teams. Take away that, and the Pats aren't too far off, but there is still a gap. They were the #2 scoring D after all. 

Take away a generational talent at the most important position on the field and the teams are closer 😂. Imagine us saying ‘take away Tom Brady and the pats aren’t that much better than us’ a couple years ago 

5 minutes ago, mattynh said:

They almost won the division....the Bills are clearly better but its probably not as big as people are assuming after the blowout Saturday.

The division race should never have been as close as it was this season but we played below our standard the first 3 quarters of the season.  Ever since the 2nd half of the Tampa game we have been firing on all cylinders and back to where we were last year.

31 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Take away a generational talent at the most important position on the field and the teams are closer 😂. Imagine us saying ‘take away Tom Brady and the pats aren’t that much better than us’ a couple years ago 

Exactly the point, and if Phillips doesn't recognize that in the next few years, then he's delusional. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.