Pats' Phillips says there isn't a a significant gap between Bills and Pats

vtnatefootball11

45 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

My father in law (Pats fan), over the last couple games, kept saying he doesn’t understand why the D is just laying down, they didn’t come to play. 

No, no man, you just got Josh’d. Deal with it! 

Aren't Pats* fans in the family annoying as **** during the season??? I have several because of course my father's side is from Vermont... cousins and my aunt. My Mom graduated from Fredonia and I was born in New York, so it's like being the Lone Ranger whenever I go up to Vermont when it's just me, and it's been TOUGH but that's because we in the Mafia are tough mentally.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

Honestly, they're drought-era Bills right now.

We always had good defenses in that time, and a good running game.  That's what they have.  Maybe a little more hope w/ Mac Jones - but who's to say he won't go the way of Trent Edwards or any one of a # of QB's who we were excited about early on, but didn't pan out?

A lot of their good players are getting older, too.  That isn't a very young roster overall.

Just now, Success said:

We always had good defenses in that time, and a good running game.  That's what they have.  Maybe a little more hope w/ Mac Jones - but who's to say he won't go the way of Trent Edwards or any one of a # of QB's who we were excited about early on, but didn't pan out?

A lot of their good players are getting older, too.  That isn't a very young roster overall.

As I often felt during the drought, who is their blue chip star?

Damien Harris? JC Jackson? Its a bunch of the middle of the road guys. They will beat up on some bad teams, but then they run into a good one and get their butts handed to them. We saw it a bunch of times in the drought 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Aren't Pats* fans in the family annoying as **** during the season??? I have several because of course my father's side is from Vermont... cousins and my aunt. My Mom graduated from Fredonia and I was born in New York, so it's like being the Lone Ranger whenever I go up to Vermont when it's just me, and it's been TOUGH but that's because we in the Mafia are tough mentally.

The most annoying!!! I was loving ip there for a year and a half and my wife’s whole side of the family are Pats fans. It was during the run to the Super Bowl when they came back against the Falcons. Very annoying. Wish I was living there now! 

They have 13 mil in cap space and not a ton of ways to free up a lot of space as they obviously have to replace those guys in the draft or in free agency. They also have to sign Jackson. They need a number 1 wr, mlb and secondary help. Lot of asks for the off season.  It will be interesting to see how Bill reacts to getting beat so badly by the Bills.

1 hour ago, Success said:

I was told by quite a few Pats fans on social media that we beat a rebuilding Patriots team. Patriots have the 10th oldest roster, spent the most money in free agency this past season and only have 5 draft picks(1, 2,3,4 & 6). Never seen a rebuild like that before, but I guess Belichick is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.🙄

30 minutes ago, TPS said:

If you take away the QB position, I wouldn't argue against the gap not being too great.  But that's the issue, the QB makes the gap significant. 

We have better skill players and a younger faster defense. Where do they have an advantage over us? You can’t say coaching anymore since McDermott is 4-1 the last 5 games with 3 of our wins not even being competitive.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Patriots walked into Highmark Stadium Saturday night knowing they had no shot at slowing down our offense. There was nothing defensively the clowns from NE could do that they hadn't tried in the game at Gillette just a few weeks ago. Their coaches knew it and their players knew it. This is just someone who is completely irrelevant, looking for 5 minutes of fame. Sometimes it is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it. It must be the water in NE.

17 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Bills went 2 consecutive games against NE without a single punt. 

Or a single turnover.  Yeah, the gap's not significant at all.  🙄

This would be like if the Bills had said the gap wasn't significant after that 56-10 blowout in 2007.

Edited by BRH

2 hours ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

If they get Mac Jones some more weapons and he takes another step next year they aren't necessarily wrong.

And considering the Bills may be on the verge of losing both their coordinators, some front office folks and won't be major players in FA because of cap space anything can happen next year which adds to the pressure and urgency of trying to get to a SB and win it this year.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.