Interesting rushing stat involving Allen and Singletary

Magox

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Don’t forget Dawson….:his run blocking has improved dramatically. 

Ever since Bates went in and they committed to Singletary as the lead back it's been almost night and day. Also finally figured out a scheme that the OLine blocks well...those pin and pull type runs with the guards and Morse leading the way, the Bills are exceptional at. Spencer Brown is a road grader on run plays and pancakes people many times.

• Like (+1) 3

The Bills really need motor and the o-line to shine over the next games. The overly obvious point is simply that mid season (perhaps even now) the offense became way too Josh Allen centric.  If the Bills are to win the SB they will not need to be a 50/50 run to pass offense but they can’t be nearly 0 /  nearly 100.  Who knows how the mix falls out but it is probably 35-40 / 65-60.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Since week 13, both Allen and Singletary are in the top 7 in rushing yards.  Singletary at #4 and Allen at #7.    Look at Allen’s ypc - wow.

The offensive line has been on fire!

They always said you need 2 RBs... just happens one of ours is an MVP caliber QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Ever since Bates went in and they committed to Singletary as the lead back it's been almost night and day. Also finally figured out a scheme that the OLine blocks well...those pin and pull type runs with the guards and Morse leading the way, the Bills are exceptional at. Spencer Brown is a road grader on run plays and pancakes people many times.

Confidence goes a long way. The coaching staff needed to commit to someone. I think it was Steve Tasker saying that Singletary is a volume runner. He needs consistent carry’s to be effective. When he’s rotating in and out, and being sidelined because something isn’t working, he never builds momentum. Same for the O line. Consistency and confidence make for a really tough combination, when mixed with size. 

Its a credit to the staff that they were able to get it straightened out at the right time. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I think it was Steve Tasker saying that Singletary is a volume runner. He needs consistent carry’s to be effective. When he’s rotating in and out, and being sidelined because something isn’t working, he never builds momentum. Same for the O line. Consistency and confidence make for a really tough combination, when mixed with size. 

Its a credit to the staff that they were able to get it straightened out at the right time. 

Big time credit to the staff for being flexible, and Motor for staying positive and balling out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

That and a larger commitment to RPOs.  I remember Staley from the chargers mentioned how run blocking is important to OL as a game flow type of thing - get them to attack the man in front of them.  RPOs allow you to kind of do that while also passing.  Create conflicts for the linebackers and defensive ends.   

RPOs have created some extra space for the backs in standard zone rushes, the pin+pull stuff has helped get the line moving more effectively, and utilizing morse in Pop sets has helped a ton with the stunts and twists that gave them so many issues early in the year.  

46 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The thing I notice from that list is that everyone but the Bills players are currently polishing their golf clubs. 

You missed Sony who is playing next week with the Lambs......but yeah - all those other boys are hitting the links.

Sorry, but it was clear to anyone with eyes that Motor >>>>>> Moss and Breida since the beginning of the season.  I can't give much credit to a professional NFL coaching staff who stubbornly stuck with Moss and Breida until it was almost too late.  At least they finally got their ***** together in time.  Week 13?  Yikes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Magox said:

Since week 13, both Allen and Singletary are in the top 7 in rushing yards.  Singletary at #4 and Allen at #7.    Look at Allen’s ypc - wow.

I view it the other way.  Allen has bailed out the OL.  Running your star QB is not sustainable against good run D's deep in playoffs 

42 minutes ago, Doc said:

Forget Josh, look at Rashad Penny.  Maybe the Bills should look at him, like that thread suggested?

From what I have seen of him (granted it's limited) he's a lot like Motor in terms of running style. We need a true change of pace.

What this team needs is a waterbug type player 

3 hours ago, Magox said:

The thing that sticks out most to me in your post is that all of the other rushers on that list are no longer in the play offs which bodes well for the Bills & means that Josh & Motor are at the top of the heap in the play offs .

So with that being said & the fact that the Bills seem to (like they say) be playing their best ball at the right time the future is looking pretty bright for the Bills right now I hope they can keep it humming & bring the Lombardy to Buffalo !! 

GO BILLS !!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.