Mario Addison the only injury for Buffalo Bills after playoff win

HOUSE

image.png.9afb5c66d9df691d50b1ac80d5421eb2.png

As the Buffalo Bills coasted to victory over the New England Patriots on Saturday, they also managed to avoid any clusters of injuries with their win. Speaking to the media on Monday, head coach Sean McDermott only named a single player with a noteworthy ailment from the game: defensive end Mario Addison, who hurt his shoulder on a tackle attempt in the second half.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/1/17/22888482/mario-addison-the-only-injury-for-buffalo-bills-after-playoff-win-news-notes-injuries

If there is one position which could absorb the loss of a player it would be defensive end. While Addison is maybe the best or second best one for pressure, there isn’t a huge drop of play from him to the rest of the guys. Having said that, I hope he is back, this is a game we need all the best pass rushers.

I saw that Banged Up Bill thinks it may be an AC joint sprain, and a mild one at that. Day-to-day designation gives me hope. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Of course, Tre is out too.  Against a team with good wideouts, his absence really hurts.

But, all-in-all, the Bills are reasonably healthy.  

I would say one player (who will probably play ) is EXCELLENT

I would like to see Addison back but given the depth i'd say to one of these highly drafted rookies or second year players if he can't play it's time to step up & show us what you got this is why you were drafted by the Bills to make us better in times like this so bring it and prove that Beane made a good decision in bringing you here !!  

4 hours ago, QCity said:

I think his pride is hurt more than anything. Mac freaking Jones put him on his back wtf.

LOL, absolutely. We said the same thing in the group chat "He isnt injured, he's just embarrassed".

Well wishes for Mario on a speedy recovery. Hope he's at least back by the Super Bowl! :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Of course, Tre is out too.  Against a team with good wideouts, his absence really hurts.

But, all-in-all, the Bills are reasonably healthy.  

Extremely reasonably healthy for so late in the season. HUGE benefit to the Bills and our chances moving forward imo

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Yeah, I love all of these end-of-season injury reports that say "we don't have any significant injuries"...except for all the guys who are already on IR for the season.

But of course, I'm totally happy that our current 53 are all looking good...

4 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Sob.  We could have drafted Dobbins, who was the next pick. Although he has been out this year, DAMN, he would look good for the Bills

Epenesa is still a young player with room to grow. He’s only 23. With Addison and Hughes potentially moving on, this is a good chance for him to everyone what he has next season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.