Would you bring back Jordan Phillips on a vet min deal? AZ Cardinals Despise Him Now

Cmmd Ackbar

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

No. I think they re-sign Harry like others have said and look to the draft for Stars replacement. I think they would have drafted Stars replacement last draft if Star didn't opt out. Plus gives them a year to bring a rookie along before Star leaves. 

JP plays 3-tech and would back up Oliver.  Not the worst idea.  Might mean letting Zimmer walk, though, and they love Zimmer. I'm in favor of exploring JP because that pass rush brought a unique element to this defense. 

3 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

No. I think they re-sign Harry like others have said and look to the draft for Stars replacement. I think they would have drafted Stars replacement last draft if Star didn't opt out. Plus gives them a year to bring a rookie along before Star leaves. 

Jordan Phillips would theoretically replace butler as a depth 3T behind oliver.

9 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

In one way I think we do.... Harrison, Ed and Star are our three DTs now....Philips could be the fourth and if he put his mind to it, he would be a good fourth, he is also unique when at his best. Extremely unusual size/strength to speed/quickness ratio.... Maybe McD could see to it that the effort is there? He liked it here, maybe he would come back on a pay as you play type contract.

I think great GMs think outside the box and I am positive that Phillips has a good and unique set of skills. He was drafted in the second round but has high first round talent. He was downgraded as a head case even in college....

I wouldn't mind bringing back Fromm or better yet Fitzpatrick at 5he right price.

PS  - I think we keep Star unless he retires. Too much dead cap....

You're forgetting Zimmer. He may be as good as Phillips, believe younger, and likely cheaper.  Though will say the likelihood of him looking as strong as he had been previously again in September is unlikely as full recovery usually takes close to a full year if not longer. 

So maybe a guy like Phillips or Shaq for one year to allow time for Zimmer to fully recover would work.  However I also could see them drafting a 1 technique tackle fairly high, if so then again no real opening.

11 hours ago, Cmmd Ackbar said:

Would you want to bring back Jordan Phillips seeing as he is likely to be cut (despite the dead money involved)

Maybe if signs for a vet minimum.  I’m guessing the Bills move on from Star and use the cap savings to re-sign Harrison Phillips.   You have to think Vern Butler doesn’t get re-signed.

That leaves Boogie Basham and Justin Zimmer as the only DT’s on the roster behind Oliver/Phillips.  I think 1TDT is what the Bills need more but if we can get Jordan for cheap…why not?

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think with his 9.5 sacks with the Bills, he had very little pressures.  He cleaned up sacks with us and not created the sack.

And yet nobody can replicate those numbers.  I don’t love JP, but if there’s gas in the tank and he wants to work cheaply, there’s every reason to explore the idea.  He produced while he was here. 

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

And yet nobody can replicate those numbers.  I don’t love JP, but if there’s gas in the tank and he wants to work cheaply, there’s every reason to explore the idea.  He produced while he was here. 

We also made very little effort to keep him.  You don't usually let a 9.5 sack guy, especially on the interior just walk.  

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We also made very little effort to keep him.  You don't usually let a 9.5 sack guy, especially on the interior just walk.  

Because himself and Lawson was a product of McD and Fraizer’s system. Since they’ve left what have they done to prove that they weren’t a 1 hit wonder?? You usually don’t chase system players or Players that are playing for a new contract. We already went down that road with Marcell

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

You're forgetting Zimmer. He may be as good as Phillips, believe younger, and likely cheaper.  Though will say the likelihood of him looking as strong as he had been previously again in September is unlikely as full recovery usually takes close to a full year if not longer. 

So maybe a guy like Phillips or Shaq for one year to allow time for Zimmer to fully recover would work.  However I also could see them drafting a 1 technique tackle fairly high, if so then again no real opening.

Both Jordan Phillips & Justin Zimmer are 29.

Zimmer could be brought back, and let's not forget about Eli Ankou. He did a good job filling in when Star was out. I think the Bills will give Ankou a futures contract.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.