OT Whose your biggest disappointment in the NFL this year?

78thealltimegreat

13 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The Chargers no question

I think they are still on the way there.

Next year might be when they show up.

When they do, watch out.  Herbert is a clone of Josh and he's going to be really good for a very long time.

I am going to go with the LA Chargers. It feels like this is the life story of the Chargers history, have a great QB, team has talent, proceed to waste said QB and talent due to coaching, bad luck, and poor play at the worst time.

Some people may say Cleveland but I was not as high on them as some plus injuries wrecked their lineup along with 5 losses by less then a TD. Baltimore also just got wrecked by injuries and luck in one score games too so I wouldn't put them in this. The other team I'd consider is Dallas who is a talented team that just flames out yearly when the bright lights come.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, corta765 said:

I am going to go with the LA Chargers. It feels like this is the life story of the Chargers history, have a great QB, team has talent, proceed to waste said QB and talent due to coaching, bad luck, and poor play at the worst time.

Some people may say Cleveland but I was not as high on them as some plus injuries wrecked their lineup along with 5 losses by less then a TD. Baltimore also just got wrecked by injuries and luck in one score games too so I wouldn't put them in this. The other team I'd consider is Dallas who is a talented team that just flames out yearly when the bright lights come.

I'd say Baltimore is as big a disappointment as you can find---can't believe they didn't even make the playoffs.

Cleveland too.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I'd say Baltimore is as big a disappointment as you can find---can't believe they didn't even make the playoffs.

Cleveland too.

Baltimore had an insane amount of injuries though losing their top3 RBs, both top CBs and then Lamar. Anytime a QB like Lamar goes out I tend to give some leeway as the Bills without Josh or Chiefs without Mahomes would struggle too. Now next year if they miss yea I'd agree.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Billl said:

Arizona looked like a buzz saw early in the year, absolutely unbeatable.  I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a team crater to that degree.

They definitely struggled after the injury to Hopkins, and Murray never looked the same after his injury.  Edmonds was also missing for a few weeks. Conner was a nice story and obviously a good short yardage back but he isn't a dynamic playmaker.  Moore came in and didn't look at all out of place, and AJ green is likely gone next year similar to Sanders with Buffalo.  

JJ watt missing the last 10 weeks corresponded to a pretty significant drop off in production on the defense.  He came back for the playoff game but his pass rush efficiancy was clearly not as big an impact as the investment.  Chandler jones had 10.5 sacks, but5 of them were in week 1 against Tennessee.  His impact goes beyond that, but that still has to be considered a disappointment.  Their last 2 first round picks in Isaiah Simmons and Zaven Collins have not been the impact defenders at LB either (were both outsnapped by former Bill Tanner Vallejo in a playoff game).  This type of poor drafting tends to catch up to you as you continue trying to build a roster, as rookie contracts who can create an impact tend to be very valuable.  

If your team starts out 7-0 and goes 1 and done thats a major disappointment.  They're likely to run it back next year with Murray on the 4th year of his rookie deal, and knowing that an extension will require some structural changes internally.  Defense is older with Jones/Watt as primary pass rushers in their 30s, and baker's new deal kicking in next year.  I don't know where i see them next year - but I could see them missing playoffs entirely and dumping Kliff.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'm HUGELY disappointed in belichick and his patsies* ...what a complete BEATDOWN our Bills gave them

bitter crybaby belichick won't shake McDermotts hand isnt that niiiiice...Im SOOOOO disappointed.

lmaooooo

/sarcasm

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think what he is saying - based upon where teams were at the mid-point - specifically Arizona at 8-1 - they were the biggest disappointment at this time.  They were the best team in football and to end up as a Wildcard 1 and done is pretty disappointing.

Oh, I'm an idiot

Colts, at week 15 they were 80% (IIRC) into the playoffs, and even coming into week 18 they held their fate in their own hands, and they came up short. 

- From the Kyler Murray pick 6 last night my favorite comment was "What in the Carson Wentz was he thinking?"

Then you have the Cowboys, they made the playoffs, but this was the year they needed to make a run because of how badly they have managed the cap. So it is a disappointment for how the year ended, but they get to deal with lingering disappointment as they try to figure out how to build a roster with the space they have left. 

Lastly, I am disappointed to see the #1 Chiefs troll back on the forum with his terrible takes. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Disappointing Team - Cardinals. They brought in "veteran leadership" with players like AJ Green and JJ Watt, only to see them under-perform or miss significant time due to injury. Even then, they came out of the chute on fire only to totally collapse at the end and get embarrassed in LA.

Disappointing Player - Carson Wentz. Woof. 💩🛏️

Edited by DD4Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.