OT Whose your biggest disappointment in the NFL this year?

78thealltimegreat

1. Bills not signing Zack Ertz
  2. Tre getting injured
  3. Fitzy getting injured
  4. Mark Davis’ haircut
  5. Bills Jags game
  6. First Bills Pats game and the fingers I lost due to frostbite
  7. Mark Davis’ haircut
  8. AB’s rap album
  9. Chris Collinsworth being still alive
  10. Mark Davis’ barber
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

As far as teams who underperformed, for me it's the Vikings hands down. That roster is strong at every spot and they came out flat every week. You could tell Zimmer lost the team late last season. They play like a country club team.

The extra game added to the season made for a lot of mediocre football played by some very injured athletes. The NFL's greed-a-thon continues and will continue until we say enough. Thursday Night Football is exhibition football weekly. I'm going to give the USFL a long look.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

I feel the Chargers gained alot of their steam after the season started, but yes they disappointed. 

I’m torn - the Chargers we’re probably not the most disappointing this season but when I consider their body of work across many years they need to have an entire wing at Canton dedicated to their advancement of the art and science of Disappointment. 

39 minutes ago, Irv said:
  2. Tre getting injured
  3. Fitzy getting injured
  4. Mark Davis’ haircut
  5. Bills Jags game
  7. Mark Davis’ haircut
  8. AB’s rap album
  10. Mark Davis’ barber

I like #9  but could live with Chris Collinsworth being still able to talk

If you look at the trending and not just the final record I’m going with the Arizona Cardinals. They were the darling of the league at the midpoint and totally crashed and burned down the stretch including last night. They stacked their roster and were a go to destiny for free agents….and now…they’re golfing. 

• Agree 1

I'm not surprised to see people choosing the browns, but like the Ravens they basically hit critical mass with injuries. A lot of the teams that underperformed this year basically didn't win the attrition battle.

It's probably the Chargers or the colts or the Vikings.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BruceVilanch said:

Weren't they like 8-1 at the mid point? I thought they didn't fall off until the tail end, but I might be mistaken. I agree though, they limped into the playoffs and Kyler looked BAD. Mine was probably the chargers, I thought Herbert would get them to at least the divisional round, I think Staley might reconsider all his "F it go for it from our own 18" attitude. and maybe, sometimes a tie is ok if it gets your team into the tourney. I was never sold on Cleveland because I think baker is on the same level as Mac Jones.

I think what he is saying - based upon where teams were at the mid-point - specifically Arizona at 8-1 - they were the biggest disappointment at this time.  They were the best team in football and to end up as a Wildcard 1 and done is pretty disappointing.

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Much discussion in the national press today about the Cowboys going belly up again in the playoffs but with the Cowboys that’s to be expected the last 25 years.

I don't understand the Dak adulation.

He's gone to playoffs 3x in a 6 year career - that's great - he's also what, 1W and 3L?

It seems to me that he can pass all over the place, but it doesn't necessarily translate to clutch or winning.  Of course that's not all on him, but he doesn't seem to face the same degree of questions that other QBs do.

1 hour ago, Irv said:
  2. Tre getting injured
  3. Fitzy getting injured
  4. Mark Davis’ haircut
  5. Bills Jags game
  7. Mark Davis’ haircut
  8. AB’s rap album
  10. Mark Davis’ barber

Great post.  /🎤 post.

I could live with Chris Collinsworth not having laryngitis; no reason to kill him off.

I think Beasley's rap songs have to make the list somewhere.

I'm disappointed you don't rock handwarmers.

• Like (+1) 2

Don't know how so many people picked the Browns. This is who they are every year. This is who they will be next year, too. Last year they just waited an extra week for the Factory of Sadness to kick into production.

For me, the biggest disappointments:

1. Patriots. Spent what? $160M in guaranteed money this off season? Supposedly built an offense that Jones could prosper in with the 2 big name TEs. And went 1 and done with an embarrassing whimper.

2. WFT. While I didn't consider them Super Bowl favorites I did think that their defense would carry them much further. 

3. Colts. Yes, we all knew Wentz would Wentz. But we didn't think he'd Wentz THAT hard. With their OL and defense they should have made the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Much discussion in the national press today about the Cowboys going belly up again in the playoffs but with the Cowboys that’s to be expected the last 25 years. 
I’m going with the Cleveland Browns some people legitimately had them in the Super Bowl going into the

preseason and they couldn’t even make a wildcard spot. 

I was expecting Myer to do more in Jacksonville and was in a small way disappointed i guess I thought he was going to be a better NFL coach than what he was & he may have screwed himself as far as ever being a college coach again - not that he needs the cash or anything i would think I was just expecting more .

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Browns.  For all the reasons mentioned.  Crushed their steelers demon last year, nearly knocked kc off in the playoffs, and now this... not to mention the Bengals are now for real.

From what's not mentioned, I'd say the qb class of 2021, more specifically Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson.

This is a good one. Given he was in a worse situation than expected, he had a stretch of like 6 games without a TD. Crazy

Edited by Captain Hindsight

There are a few to me. 

Baltimore was done in by injuries - but that doesn't change the fact that they anticipated winning that division.  

Browns - Pretty big disappointment.  They were banged up a lot this year as well, and just never seemed able to get the offense going - likely due to Mayfields injury and the oline not playing as well as they did a year ago.

Minnesota - 6-8 in 1 score games.  Kirk is a solid system guy, but when the run game doesn't or can't carry them he's usually not enough.  They did a better job rushing the passer, and are always positive on TO diff.  This is probably the year to get the young guy to groom under a new coaching staff - But in the similar realm of buffalo in the EJ draft... the year they need one is a terrible QB year. 

LAC - Herbert was a media darling all offseason and played really well this year.  3-3 in the division, and 1-3 in the final 4 games is a brutal way to end a season though.  You'd think with Bosa and James healthy the defense would be good at something - and they just aren't.  Worst 3rd down D in the NFL, and one of the worst RZ D in the NFL.  Bosa is the highest paid DE in the NFL, but Buffalo's rotational approach with sprinkled in blitzes generated more sacks and pressure.  

Colts - 7 pro bowlers, an all-pro run game with the best offensive line in football.  Problem - if the run game didn't dominate, they lost ever single time.  They also had 6 games where they had fewer than 300 yards - which is essentially the jaguars offense.  Defense took the ball away a ton, and was usually good.  

My vote is the colts.  Ton's of talent - Taylor, Nelson, Leonard, Buckner etc.  And they lost to titans twice, and Jag's on a win and in game.  There isn't anything more disappointing than losing to the Jags week 18 to me.  Chargers losing to the Texans in week 16 is close.  

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.