OT Whose your biggest disappointment in the NFL this year?

78thealltimegreat

If you’re counting from the beginning of the year definitely Cleveland.

Maybe Baltimore 2nd, but they were decimated by injuries.  Seattle would be in the discussion.

Dallas had surprisingly good season.  Going from the worst Defense in the league last year, and historically awful, to 12 wins is good progress 

Posters here on BBMB. I know hot-takes are in, but some of yall are serious. (Including me)

Other than that? Tre getting injured disappointed me (nobody's fault, just really love watching that guy play, and like his personality, tbh)

Other than that, screw this jinx thread. In fact, I jinx you.

Definitely the Browns but the injury bug decimated their oline, afflicted their two star running backs and their QB suffered a serious shoulder injury in week 2 or 3. 

The issue for Cleveland is they had borrowed from future years a bit cap wise and they do need to work out what to do with Baker (I've been clear elsewhere I'd let him play on the 5th year option). Trading OBJ helps, but they might have one or two other tough decisions to make this offseason on the defensive line, in the secondary and at tight end. 

Depends upon the timing:

1.  Based upon pre-season expectations - Cleveland was the biggest disappointment.  Many people both in the media and on this board had them as the best team in the AFC right there with KC.  I thought they would compete for the division at least - didn’t think they were as good as us because their QB was not as good.

2.  Once the season was a few weeks old - the Chargers looked like a lock.  They pummeled KC and were 2 games up and Herbert looked legit.  Over aggressive coaching and the defense falling apart brought them back, but man that was a way to talented team to miss the playoffs completely once you saw the QB continue his growth.  Huge disappointment.

3. Late Season disappointment - Indianapolis - they went on a nice run through the mid part of the season - on the strength of the running game and defense, but to fold the last 2 weeks because your QB you traded a 1st for - could not make a single play.  That was a massive disappointment for them.  Even though it was Frank’s team and we love Frank - I was not sad to see them fail spectacularly like that.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

Surprised no one has mentioned Miami. They had such a bad year, they got their “up and coming” coach fired.

That's because they stuck with Tua.  Subpar QB is also why nobody mentioned the Broncos.'

Biggest disappointment if asked before season - Browns

Biggest disappointment if asked a quarter through season - Chargers

Biggest disappoinment if asked at the midpoint - Cardinals

Biggest disappointment if asked 3/4 through season - Colts

Funniest teams that failed despite media slobbering over them - Cowboys and Patriots

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, ganesh said:

Buffalo Bills -  We should have been the #1 seed if not for bad losses at Jacksonville and at the Titans. .

I agree with your pics. I would only say Buffalo was just a minor disappointment, but things seem to be rolling now. But in that light, KC could be said to also be a minor disappointment, as they misfired earlier in the year and were expected to be the number one seed by many (they ended up number 2, but might (should?) have been even lower if Rodgers had been able to play against them with Green Bay, which means Buffalo might have been hosting KC in the divisional round).

Edited by chongli

Browns.  For all the reasons mentioned.  Crushed their steelers demon last year, nearly knocked kc off in the playoffs, and now this... not to mention the Bengals are now for real.

From what's not mentioned, I'd say the qb class of 2021, more specifically Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Biggest disappoinment if asked at the midpoint - Cardinals

Weren't they like 8-1 at the mid point? I thought they didn't fall off until the tail end, but I might be mistaken. I agree though, they limped into the playoffs and Kyler looked BAD. Mine was probably the chargers, I thought Herbert would get them to at least the divisional round, I think Staley might reconsider all his "F it go for it from our own 18" attitude. and maybe, sometimes a tie is ok if it gets your team into the tourney. I was never sold on Cleveland because I think baker is on the same level as Mac Jones.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.