What Would You Consider a Successful Season? - Poll

Doc Brown

What's a Successful Season to you?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. What's the bare minimum it would take for you consider this a successful season for the Bills?

• Already a successful season. Division winners and clobbered the Pats in the Wild Card game.
    • Close loss against Chiefs in Divisional game
    • AFC Championship game appearance
    • Super Bowl appearance
    • Super Bowl victory

Thankfully, the Bills already know what makes for a successful season; only a Super Bowl victory will do.

You can tell by the way we played. We absolutely crushed New Englan in every possible way. Hutch-tech could have played as well as Belicheat's team did. These Bills gave little in the way of feeling success after this victory. To a man, the coaches and players said it was great for the fans but not what the Bills are looking for.

This team is going all the way and this time we are going to WIN.

(I was worried at the beginning of the playoffs but after watching that domination and the way the Bills did it, I feel no one can beat them now. I think the chefs know it, too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

As up and down as the team/season has gone, at this point with the win this past weekend, after this I feel like playing with house money.  Did I expect more going in, yes, but at this point who knows what to expect.  They are the 3 seed so in theory have gone as far as they should.   Roster still needs a bit more tweaking and improvements.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Josh already said it best: “I know they didn’t pay me for what I’ve done. They did it because they expect me to continue what I’m doing and expect me to go win this team some championships.”

Anything less is short of his expectations.

We have seen so much growth in our guys over 2 years especially. We know we are getting better. We know we have the pieces in place. We know what needs to be done. All that’s left is to do it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Under the Beane/McDermott/Josh Allen era the Buffalo Bills have exorcised the Demons of the past...The playoff drought was broken, we found a true Franchise QB, we won playoff games, we have won consecutive Division titles, Made it to the AFC Championship game, just kicked the S*** out of the arch nemesis over in New England in the playoffs...There's really only one thing left to do for this regime....Go bring us that Lombardi!!!

I've posted many times they should be in win now mode just like the Rams.  That said, any season that ends with a Division title and a playoff win has to be considered a success.  I've posted a few times that the season was not necessarily enjoyable.  But that was born of frustration of inexplicable periods of bad play and the constant background issues of COVID this year.  Any wins after beating the Patriots will only add to a good season and each win will make it even better.  Madden always said all but one playoff team ends their season with a loss.  They are not losers. They just lost a playoff game.  Hope this is our year.  Hope a resurgent DL and OL along with superstar play from JA is enough to bring home a title.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I've posted many times they should be in win now mode just like the Rams.  That said, any season that ends with a Division title and a playoff win has to be considered a success.  I've posted a few times that the season was not necessarily enjoyable.  But that was born of frustration of inexplicable periods of bad play and the constant background issues of COVID this year.  Any wins after beating the Patriots will only add to a good season and each win will make it even better.  Madden always said all but one playoff team ends their season with a loss.  They are not losers. They just lost a playoff game.  Hope this is our year.  Hope a resurgent DL and OL along with superstar play from JA is enough to bring home a title.

I agree to a certain extent.  I think the voting on this poll would be different when we were 7-6 wondering if we could even sneak into the playoffs.  There's always pry about ten fan bases that say Super Bowl or bust before the season but only one of them well be satisfied. 

Having said that, this team is extremely healthy relative to most NFL teams this time of year and you'll need a little bit of luck to win the Super Bowl.  I don't see this team being any worse personnel wise next season but I can't guarantee their health come next January.  My expectations for this team have shifted throughout the year as before the season it was make the Super Bowl or bust.  It came full circle to where I'm at the same point.  We have the personnel to beat the Chiefs and the less talented Bengals/Titans.  If we play our A game twice we should get to the Super Bowl and that's a successful season for me.  If we win it it's icing on the cake.

• Doc Brown changed the title to What Would You Consider a Successful Season? - Poll
2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes there were some ugly games but the Bills are showing us what they learned from this seasons ups and downs.  Only 1 game into playoffs and they are letting everyone see this is a team you gotta outplay and good luck with that.  

This season has been fun but it would be a disappointment if we don't beat KC on Sunday. The narrative will be that the Chiefs are our daddy and we don't have the team to beat them in the postseason and get to the Superbowl. KC is the new Pats. I think we just proved beyond any doubt that the 1 game vs the Pats in the wind was a fluke and they are not a team to be concerned with any longer. KC is the real threat and the whole offseason the question was how do the Bills beat KC and get over the hump. We will be in the same position we were last offseason if we don't get it done and take the next step.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.