Jump to content

Stefon Diggs traveled to Texas to watch his brother Trevon play for Dallas


Allen2Diggs
 Share

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Interesting how the Kelce’s mom gets applauded for mingling with over 100,000 fans and journalists in a day, but Diggs gets a scathing from his own fanbase. 

 

If I were an ESPN writer, I’d have a 12 pt new times roman font double spaced article about systemic things and inequities. 

 

Kelce's Mom isn't vital to winning a playoff football game. Stop being facetious.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Interesting how the Kelce’s mom gets applauded for mingling with over 100,000 fans and journalists in a day, but Diggs gets a scathing from his own fanbase. 

 

If I were an ESPN writer, I’d have a 12 pt new times roman font double spaced article about systemic things and inequities. 

What playoff team does Kelce’s mom play for? 🤫

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What % of people saying this is a stupid thread, would be all morally outraged if he tested positive for a banned substance?

 

I know the rules for weed changed recently, but please explain to me how it is different if a player ate a gummy after the game and then super randomly got tested and was kept out of a playoff game?

 

What would your reaction be in that situation? Personal freedoms? A few out of the people saying this is a dumb thread sure, but the majority...pearl clutching and saying that player was not putting the team first.

 

Same with cancel culture. Literally tried to cancel NWA in the 90s because: rap lyrics. Literally made it illegal to show a husband and wife sleep in the same bed in movies for like 30 years.

 

The lack of consistency in a moral stance is really confusing.

  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve got a new one. Why don’t we talk about how players jumped into the stands after a touchdown this weekend? Or, we could talk about how players got groceries? Maybe they might’ve even gone out for dinner? Good God….

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

What % of people saying this is a stupid thread, would be all morally outraged if he tested positive for a banned substance?

 

I know the rules for weed changed recently, but please explain to me how it is different if a player ate a gummy after the game and then super randomly got tested and was kept out of a playoff game?

 

What would your reaction be in that situation? Personal freedoms? A few out of the people saying this is a dumb thread sure, but the majority...pearl clutching and saying that player was not putting the team first.

 

Same with cancel culture. Literally tried to cancel NWA in the 90s because: rap lyrics. Literally made it illegal to show a husband and wife sleep in the same bed in movies for like 30 years.

 

The lack of consistency in a moral stance is really confusing.

 

31ylk3.jpg

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

What % of people saying this is a stupid thread, would be all morally outraged if he tested positive for a banned substance?

 

I know the rules for weed changed recently, but please explain to me how it is different if a player ate a gummy after the game and then super randomly got tested and was kept out of a playoff game?

 

What would your reaction be in that situation? Personal freedoms? A few out of the people saying this is a dumb thread sure, but the majority...pearl clutching and saying that player was not putting the team first.

 

Same with cancel culture. Literally tried to cancel NWA in the 90s because: rap lyrics. Literally made it illegal to show a husband and wife sleep in the same bed in movies for like 30 years.

 

The lack of consistency in a moral stance is really confusing.

There is nothing anyone can do about it, zero, zilch, not a damn thing. Why bother worrying about something at this point that will either happen or won't.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hermes said:

Diggs could sit this week and the Bills would still whoop the Chiefs. Grow up

What do you mean grow up?  Someone said it’s a lame concern…… I agreed that it was a lame concern and just stated why those are concerned. 
 

So I should grow up?  Dr Evil Whatever GIF

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Warcodered said:

There is nothing anyone can do about it, zero, zilch, not a damn thing. Why bother worrying about something at this point that will either happen or won't.

 

I mean a player listed probable on the injury report is something I think about. The weather report a week before a game is something I think about. Why is this different?

 

I'm not losing sleep over those things, but I think about them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

There is nothing anyone can do about it, zero, zilch, not a damn thing. Why bother worrying about something at this point that will either happen or won't.

It’s light small talk. I don’t think anyone’s hyperventilating over it or anything.

 

if anything I think the folks saying it’s nothing have been the more dramatic crowd in this thread 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

 

31ylk3.jpg

 

 

It's just the inconsistency that drives me crazy. "Don't tell me what to do" while at the same time telling me what to think.

 

Thinking is something one does ya know...

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HardyBoy said:

 

It's just the inconsistency that drives me crazy. "Don't tell me what to do" while at the same time telling me what to think.

 

Thinking is something one does ya know...

 

Everybody is getting Omicron, it burns through the triple jab, so what can you do?  You can catch it anywhere, anytime.  Hand-wringing about football players who don't go all John Travolta doesn't make sense to me.

 

a4c66ddb457f0c96c296add02c0aa0b9.jpg

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

 

Everybody is getting Omicron, it burns through the triple jab, so what can you do?  You can catch it anywhere, anytime.  Hand-wringing about football players who don't go all John Travolta doesn't make sense to me.

 

a4c66ddb457f0c96c296add02c0aa0b9.jpg

 

I mean avoiding tight indoor spaces with poor ventilation and wearing n95 masks if you need to be in those situations isn't exactly living in a bubble, but I completely get your larger point.

 

I think there is a huge difference between your point of it's not healthy to stress over stuff you can't control and other people who are saying this is a dumb thread because there is no potential risk of him missing a game.

 

There is that risk, it's hopefully low (especially because that picture looks like he's on the field), but it's definitely not zero and it's definitely not super insignificant.

 

Which player impacts the point spread most if they are out:

 

1) Allen

2) Mahomes

3) Diggs/Hill?

Edited by HardyBoy
Called a point spread a sports thread for some reason.
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

 

I mean avoiding tight indoor spaces with poor ventilation and wearing n95 masks if you need to be in those situations isn't exactly living in a bubble, but I completely get your larger point.

 

I think there is a huge difference between your point of it's not healthy to stress over stuff you can't control and other people who are saying this is a dumb thread because there is no potential risk of him missing a game.

 

There is that risk, it's hopefully low (especially because that picture looks like he's on the field), but it's definitely not zero and it's definitely not super insignificant.

 

Which player impacts the point spread most if they are out:

 

1) Allen

2) Mahomes

3) Diggs/Hill?

 

Dave Mason time.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HardyBoy said:

 

It's just the inconsistency that drives me crazy. "Don't tell me what to do" while at the same time telling me what to think.

 

Thinking is something one does ya know...

I mean some of your examples your lumping in is from 30+ years ago. Times and opinions do change over time....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

e2947c26747bfeb0f6fda6fd0fde13c3e18aa8b9

Normally, this would be a very wholesome story about supporting family, but he was seen with a crowd of fans, none of them wearing masks. Does this raise concerns about his availability for Saturday? He has confirmed that he is vaccinated, but I am sure the coaching staff isn't thrilled about this given the timing.

No, no concerns for Saturday. He'll be fine lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I mean some of your examples your lumping in is from 30+ years ago. Times and opinions do change over time....

 

That Nikki Minaj song that everyone got up in arms about just happened within the last couple of years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

 

Kelce's Mom isn't vital to winning a playoff football game. Stop being facetious.

Obviously… her contribution to the eagles game was very underwhelming 

Good for him, too bad for him he had to watch cowboy incompetence piss that game away. That part may have made him feel sick

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Simon locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...