Stefon Diggs traveled to Texas to watch his brother Trevon play for Dallas

Allen2Diggs

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

This isn't anything until it is, no sense worrying about it.

My point of view.  I'm pretty sure Diggs would have permission from the team to travel.  I know he likes to travel by private jet, so he 's not sitting around an airport packed into a Passenger Mailing Tube with 300 of his closest friends.

None of us know, nor should we know, what the guys are doing on their off time.  We just have to have confidence that they're fierce competitors who don't want to get sick and miss a playoff game and will take all reasonable precautions.  This could either be a worse exposure risk or a lesser exposure risk than some stuff other players are doing, no way to know and I wouldn't want to be "all up in their business" about it if I could.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

e2947c26747bfeb0f6fda6fd0fde13c3e18aa8b9

Normally, this would be a very wholesome story about supporting family, but he was seen with a crowd of fans, none of them wearing masks. Does this raise concerns about his availability for Saturday? He has confirmed that he is vaccinated, but I am sure the coaching staff isn't thrilled about this given the timing.

Should still be a story about that...but you jist had to slant it. How many Jerry Sullivan posters do you have on your bedroom wall?

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My point of view.  I'm pretty sure Diggs would have permission from the team to travel.  I know he likes to travel by private jet, so he 's not sitting around an airport packed into a Passenger Mailing Tube with 300 of his closest friends.

None of us know, nor should we know, what the guys are doing on their off time.  We just have to have confidence that they're fierce competitors who don't want to get sick and miss a playoff game and will take all reasonable precautions.  This could either be a worse exposure risk or a lesser exposure risk than some stuff other players are doing, no way to know and I wouldn't want to be "all up in their business" about it if I could.

a few questions:

why do you assume the team cleared his off day behavior?

Sure we don’t have a right to know their behavior- but when they do things publicly why wouldn’t we chat about the risk or reward?

why would we ever have confidence that players are making optimal off field decisions?!? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

47 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Normally, this would be a very wholesome story about supporting family, but he was seen with a crowd of fans, none of them wearing masks. Does this raise concerns about his availability for Saturday? He has confirmed that he is vaccinated, but I am sure the coaching staff isn't thrilled about this given the timing.

What a stupid take. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Probably a dumb move. But what do you think, other players are staying locked up at home? I'm sure the vast majority of players are going to similar gatherings. 

They aren't even testing vaccinated players anymore right? So it would just be an issue if he gets Covid and has symptoms.

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

a few questions:

why do you assume the team cleared his off day behavior?

Sure we don’t have a right to know their behavior- but when they do things publicly why wouldn’t we chat about the risk or reward?

why would we ever have confidence that players are making optimal off field decisions?!? 

Nice.  And your answers are?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hermes said:

Diggs could sit this week and the Bills would still whoop the Chiefs. Grow up

You don’t think he might be helpful? I’d kinda like to see him out there. The Chiefs are kinda good. You might have noticed they’ve been going to Super Bowls lately. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Interesting how the Kelce’s mom gets applauded for mingling with over 100,000 fans and journalists in a day, but Diggs gets a scathing from his own fanbase. 

If I were an ESPN writer, I’d have a 12 pt new times roman font double spaced article about systemic things and inequities. 

Scathing is a bit much unless your skin is wet tissue paper levels of thin 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Interesting how the Kelce’s mom gets applauded for mingling with over 100,000 fans and journalists in a day, but Diggs gets a scathing from his own fanbase. 

If I were an ESPN writer, I’d have a 12 pt new times roman font double spaced article about systemic things and inequities. 

Dude, a couple of worried dudes hardly constitute a "scathing from his own fanbase"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

You don’t think he might be helpful? I’d kinda like to see him out there. The Chiefs are kinda good. You might noticed they’ve been going to Super Bowls lately. 

I have no say in the matter of whether or not he suits up on Sunday. That means I'll just have to root for the players the are out there.  I'm not saying that he doesn't help the Bills win that game. The Bills are the better team by more than Stefon Diggs and that's not a slight on Diggs either, the Bills just are a much better team based on the results of the season until now, and you might have noticed, the Bills WRs outside of Diggs are kinda good. He didn't even lead them in snaps last week

Edited by Hermes

2 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Lighten up, Francis.

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

'zactly.  The press was trumpeting this story like crazy.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hermes said:

I'm not saying that he doesn't help the Bills win that game. I just feel that the Bills are the better team by more than Stefon Diggs. That's not a slight on Diggs either. My perception is that the Bills are a much better team based on the results of the season until now.

I have no say in the matter of whether or not he suits up on Sunday. That means I'll just have to root for The players the are out there.

You might have noticed the Bills WRs outside of Diggs are kinda good. He didn't even lead them in snaps last week

He probably didn’t lead in snaps because he’s the best of the best, and they want to be sure he’s available for the Chiefs game. We had a big enough lead he could spend more time on the sideline waiting for the bigger challenge next weekend. I will have nothing but respect for the Chief’s and what they have accomplished. I’ll take NOTHING for granted, and having Diggs available could be a key factor. 

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Kelce's Mom isn't vital to winning a playoff football game. Stop being facetious.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1