Would NE do Mac Jones + picks for Watson?

ProcessTruster

On 1/17/2022 at 2:44 PM, 947 said:

Mills is probably a better prospect than Mac Jones at this point, I doubt Houston would even go for that. Some other team will give them the same picks the Pats would offer plus a player that's a clear upgrade somewhere for them.

Agree on Mills. He’s got upside and showed it on a much worse team. Hoody and Pats fans think Mac is the next coming.

JA struggled his rookie year is the statement. Yes he did but he showed clear upside that was obvious. The only thing obvious about Mac is that he’s at about 90% of ceiling. 

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'll never understand the Watson hype and why any team would want to give up anything of note to get a guy who quit on his current team after signing a binding mega million dollar contract, and all the off field issues still swirling around him.

I also don't see the Pats giving up on Mac Jones, he had one of the best rookie seasons of all time and clearly the best of the bunch so far this year.

Yes he didn't deliver in the playoffs but you can argue very few would have given the circumstances of the Buffalo stampede that hit the Patriots.

I think the best course of action for the Pats is to continue to build around Jones and they can certainly be right back in the division and championship conversation next year.

One of the best rookie seasons of all time is 223 ypg 22 TDs , 13 INTS, and 3 fumbles?

I will say he had a good year playing in the system but one of the best of all time?  I dont think so.

• Agree 2

New England isn't quitting on Mac Jones right now, or after THAT season of his.  

He was pretty solid for a rookie and look at his stats from the beat-down, "perfect", "Saturday Night Massacre" game!  

They were pretty solid for a rookie!

He had a much more impressive rookie outing than Josh Allen!

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'll never understand the Watson hype and why any team would want to give up anything of note to get a guy who quit on his current team after signing a binding mega million dollar contract, and all the off field issues still swirling around him.

I also don't see the Pats giving up on Mac Jones, he had one of the best rookie seasons of all time and clearly the best of the bunch so far this year.

Yes he didn't deliver in the playoffs but you can argue very few would have given the circumstances of the Buffalo stampede that hit the Patriots.

I think the best course of action for the Pats is to continue to build around Jones and they can certainly be right back in the division and championship conversation next year.

I think it’s pretty fair to say you haven’t watched Watson if you don’t get the hype.  He’s put up top 5 numbers with bottom 5 talent around him.  He’s a special player, arguably enter than our own Josh Allen.  That said, he’s pretty obviously a giant ####### and I would not want him as the face of my team.  I also certainly don’t want him in our division.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

One of the best rookie seasons of all time is 223 ypg 22 TDs , 13 INTS, and 3 fumbles?

I will say he had a good year playing in the system but one of the best of all time?  I dont think so.

Yeah, 22 TDs to 16 TOs isn't great.  At best the "best of all time" was his completion percentage.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

How the mighty have fallen. Five or six weeks ago this guy was the toast of the NFL and now he's worse than Tua and David Mills.

Jones is fine. He’s a starter in this league for sure and probably will be top 15-20 his whole career. He just doesn’t have any elite skills. His arm strength is average, pretty good accuracy and everyone wants to compare him to Brady. Brady has another r level of dedication to the game that is unparalleled in history. Dude cares about nothing but winning and it’s why he is still a top 5 QB at 44

Does Jones have that same drive? If not, he’s not a guy I worry about. Starter for sure, but he’s closer to Dalton than Brady 

That would be the biggest mistake for the Pats.  Watson wouldn't have won that game for them nor anyone the way Allen played.  If I were running the Pats I'd spend these two to three years drafting pass rushers to deal with Allen and see if they could get lucky finding a Von MiIller/Mack type while continuing to groom Jones.  In around 2 to 3 years Jones should be seasoned for them to make a move for a #1 WR when Allen's contract starts taking its toll on the Bills roster.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.