Would NE do Mac Jones + picks for Watson?

ProcessTruster

2 hours ago, 947 said:

Mills is probably a better prospect than Mac Jones at this point, I doubt Houston would even go for that. Some other team will give them the same picks the Pats would offer plus a player that's a clear upgrade somewhere for them.

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Pretty clear BB brought a knive to a gunfight Saturday night.  Wonder if Pats get in the D Watson sweepstakes?   They won't be competitive with Bills for 10 years with ole' noodle arm at QB.   Won't have top 5 pick anytime soom. 

Looks like Mr Kraft and Desean are cut from the same cloth so no problem there.  Pats have brought in numerous questionable characters over the years.   Could be a risk for the Bills.   Waddya think? 

There was a LOT more going on in that game than Allen > Jones.

Desean would would help of course but they need a ton of work (too much in one offseason) to catch the Bills.

Though, on the other hand, we have no idea right now how much talent we are about to lose; possibly: McKenzie, Bates, Wallace, Neal, Beasley.....??? I feel I'm missing someone..... The Bills could lose a lot of talent....

Luckily though, we have nine picks in the upcoming draft....

If Houston is smart, they will hold out for a king's ransom for Desean...... I hope they get it....

Even though at his best, he is no Josh Allen. Josh Allen is #1 now. If not right now, after the Super Bowl.....

Cowherd actually made a good case for it earlier (EDIT:  for trading Jones, not necessarily for Watson).  

Mac is solid but just won't be in the league w/ the other top QB's in the AFC.  New England could find themselves contending w/ him, but generally falling short & settling for early round playoff exits.  With Belichick approaching 70, he may want to trade Jones while his value is high and then go all in to try to win now (not necessarily Watson - someone like Russell Wilson would be an option also).

Edited by Success

1 minute ago, Success said:

Cowherd actually made a good case for it earlier.  

Mac is solid but just won't be in the league w/ the other top QB's in the AFC.  New England could find themselves contending w/ him, but generally falling short & settling for early round playoff exits.  With Belichick approaching 70, he may want to trade Jones while his value is high and then go all in to try to win now (not necessarily Watson - someone like Russell Wilson would be an option also).

So Cowherd suggested trading him to the Texans...who are in the AFC?

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

So Cowherd suggested trading him to the Texans...who are in the AFC?

He was just talking about the idea of trading him now, while his perceived value is really high.  He didn't get into specifics in the segment I heard.

My mistake on that - I just noticed that the thread was specifically about a trade for Watson.  Cowherd was just making the case for a trade, without naming anyone.

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Pretty clear BB brought a knive to a gunfight Saturday night.  Wonder if Pats get in the D Watson sweepstakes?   They won't be competitive with Bills for 10 years with ole' noodle arm at QB.   Won't have top 5 pick anytime soom. 

Looks like Mr Kraft and Desean are cut from the same cloth so no problem there.  Pats have brought in numerous questionable characters over the years.   Could be a risk for the Bills.   Waddya think? 

Mac n cheese noodles Jones?

2 hours ago, BearNorth said:

I don't think after the Cam fiasco, that BB wants anything to do with a Watson type player regardless of talent.  Jimmy G was originally a BB guy and suspect he will be on the market soon, but can BB cure his tendency to throw stupid picks at the worst possible times.

cam and Watson don’t have too much in common currently 

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

It sounds like Watson really wants to play with Flores.  I think that if NYG hires Flores, there’s an excellent chance he ends up there.  I would prefer that too…we don’t need another good QB in the AFC.

As far as NE, I don’t think they have the draft capital at this point or the cap space.  If you’re Watson and you have a trade clause, are you going to want to play for 70 year old Bill Belichick?  Probably not.  

With that said, I would not be shocked to see NE consider all options to upgrade at QB.  But in the end I think they are going to take the same approach as Miami and try to get better weapons 

14 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The Patriots aren't moving on from Mac Jones.  He hit a rookie wall.  He's never going to be a superstar but it's hard to upgrade from a guy whose best days may be in front of him.  It takes years & a lot of luck to get a franchise QB.  

Nobody is trading for Watson until he is cleared legally & they know he will be available.  The only possibility is a trade of future picks, none of them in the 2022 draft, which would be contingent on Watson being clear of his legal problems.  

He didn’t hit a rookie wall, he was consistent the whole season. After getting his legs early on, what you saw from him is what he is. The team had a run of easy games and good luck meeting up against teams with injuries. When the schedule toughened up , they couldn’t handle it . Their D is old and slow and people figured that out.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.