Would NE do Mac Jones + picks for Watson?

ProcessTruster

5 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

to get another 1st for a guy who will never play for them again.  and to get rid of the contract, unless it is now void.  to get what they can out of a bad situation they cannot fix

But why would they want Jones? so they can start bringing a “knife to a gunfight”?

I don’t think it’s gunna happen 

Edited by Aussie Joe

20 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Pretty clear BB brought a knive to a gunfight Saturday night.  Wonder if Pats get in the D Watson sweepstakes?   They won't be competitive with Bills for 10 years with ole' noodle arm at QB.   Won't have top 5 pick anytime soom. 

Looks like Mr Kraft and Desean are cut from the same cloth so no problem there.  Pats have brought in numerous questionable characters over the years.   Could be a risk for the Bills.   Waddya think? 

There is no "D Watson sweepstakes".  The guy is not going to be playing football again until further notice and no one is trading anything of value for him until there is a favorable outcome to his legal situation.  

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Well in fairness, Allen was never going to get more accurate, was never going to see the whole field and would never be more than an athlete trying to play QB.  That thought pattern failed. 

Jones may not pan out, but it’s too early to know. 

Yes, yes… they need at least 10 season to make sure 😉 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

New England ain’t trading Jones before his rookie deal is up.  He’s a bargain at $4m per year and unless you can get a mahomes, allen, herbert, or burrow, he’s a better option at $4m per year than anybody else.  Watson is still toxic.  

That is my thing. EVEN if everything settles this summer do you want to be the guy bringing that circus to town after everything. The moment things go sour its a 10 alarm fire in the making.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Pretty clear BB brought a knive to a gunfight Saturday night.  Wonder if Pats get in the D Watson sweepstakes?   They won't be competitive with Bills for 10 years with ole' noodle arm at QB.   Won't have top 5 pick anytime soom. 

Looks like Mr Kraft and Desean are cut from the same cloth so no problem there.  Pats have brought in numerous questionable characters over the years.   Could be a risk for the Bills.   Waddya think? 

I don't think BB would do it. I think he's convinced that he can win with a 2nd tier QB, defense and a running game. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

He's under contract through the end of '22.  If the Cheaters want him, they'll have to pony up major picks.

Well you have a good point ! They do have a rookie QB that could sit behind someone for a bit to learn more so maybe ?

The one that would make more sense that i didn't really think about was Jimmy G he already knows the offense & could probably fit right in unless there was a huge rift between him & Bill .

8 minutes ago, T master said:

Well you have a good point ! They do have a rookie QB that could sit behind someone for a bit to learn more so maybe ?

The one that would make more sense that i didn't really think about was Jimmy G he already knows the offense & could probably fit right in unless there was a huge rift between him & Bill .

I've always wondered who the person was that didn't want him on the team, Kraft, BB or Brady?

• Like (+1) 1

I'll never understand the Watson hype and why any team would want to give up anything of note to get a guy who quit on his current team after signing a binding mega million dollar contract, and all the off field issues still swirling around him.

I also don't see the Pats giving up on Mac Jones, he had one of the best rookie seasons of all time and clearly the best of the bunch so far this year.

Yes he didn't deliver in the playoffs but you can argue very few would have given the circumstances of the Buffalo stampede that hit the Patriots.

I think the best course of action for the Pats is to continue to build around Jones and they can certainly be right back in the division and championship conversation next year.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

Mac is fine. Has done really well and will get better.

He didn't play bad at all against the Bills quite frankly. Not great but solid for a rookie, and who knows what would have happened if Hyde didn't steal what looked like a sure fire TD pass that would have tied the game. They probably still lose by a decent margin but it certainly could have kept the game interesting a little while longer anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

He didn't play bad at all against the Bills quite frankly. Not great but solid for a rookie, and who knows what would have happened if Hyde didn't steal what looked like a sure fire TD pass that would have tied the game. They probably still lose by a decent margin but it certainly could have kept the game interesting a little while longer anyway.

People forget early Josh Allen. This guy is further ahead, but with less tools.

Allen's run game and arm really sets him apart, but he might need the accuracy this week! Interesting times

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OZBILLS said:

People forget early Josh Allen. This guy is further ahead, but with less tools.

Allen's run game and arm really sets him apart, but he might need the accuracy this week! Interesting times

Less tools and certainly doesn't have the raw physical talent, but very few QB's in this league do.

But despite what some fans here believe, Jones isn't some sort of Chad Pennington type of clone. His arm is solid and hitting the gym in the offseason can fix any perceived arm strength issues. Not saying he will be the next Brady but certainly could become a legit franchise QB.

• Like (+1) 1

How much time do Kraft and Bill have left together?  I think they could come up with 5 more years.  After that I think Bill will be done or Kraft may be done with him.   That would make them players for a top vet.  Money to pay them.  A pack and play qb on a modest deal to trade back.  Colin Cowherd brought it up.  New England is nowhere close to competing with Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, or Burrow year in and out.  Maybe they swing big for one last run.  Wilson, Rodgers and Watson will all be available.

I hope that they sign Watson, and I hope that McDaniels coaches that team.  McDaniels drafted... Tebow (I LOVE the man as a person, but not as a QB), and no masseuses will go unmolested in New England.  They make these moves, the the Bills roll for the next 15 years.

Bob Kraft will then sell the team to Gillette (did you know that they have a national shave headquarters in Boston?), and in every game the loudspeaker will blare, "wow, what a close shave!" before Watson/Tebow/the long #### QB guy/Cousins throws pick after pick after pick.

Edited by TheCockSportif

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.