Are there any other negatives about Josh that he hasn’t put to rest?

On 1/20/2022 at 8:18 AM, IronMaidenBills said:

He is, but he had an absolutely amazing supporting cast. Allen doesn’t exactly have all pros to work with. We don’t have a Thurman, a Bruuuce. 

that is true 

some say we don’t have true #1 WR, or a great TE.  

Milano and Edmonds are overrated 

;) 😆  

Just that he is inconsistent week to week at times. You get the perfect game against the Patriots last week but 2 weeks ago he threw 3 INTs and had a 17 QB rating against the Falcons.

Once he gets more consistent, he will be unstoppable.

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

that is true 

some say we don’t have true #1 WR, or a great TE.  

Milano and Edmonds are overrated 

;) 😆  

Umm...nobody is saying we don't have a #1 WR anymore. Diggs just caught more passes in a 2 year timeframe with a new team than anyone in NFL history.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Just that he is inconsistent week to week at times. You get the perfect game against the Patriots last week but 2 weeks ago he threw 3 INTs and had a 17 QB rating against the Falcons.

Once he gets more consistent, he will be unstoppable.

Another worn out trope. 

What QB doesn’t have fluctuating #’s

You know, when I started this thread it was meant to address 

FALSE NARRATIVES against Josh. 

Not 💩 dozens of other QB’s have never done either.  

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Let the national pundits tell it…Mahomes. I don’t need for Josh to throw for 300 and 5 TDs this week. If he goes 15/25 250 and 3 TDs (running/passing) he puts that baby to bed!!

true that 

Following a Perfect Game will be tough. 
I don’t want Josh to throw for 500 yards to look Cool 😎 

500 yards is 9 out of 10 times indicative of having to, to play catch up. 

yeah Im not going to make much comment regarding #17's weaknesses.  I am exorcising negative thoughts ... he is a

professional in continual progress mode and NO QB is 1000% perfect all the time anyway. I think he is playing on a super

high level and that's enough for me. 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 1/17/2022 at 4:31 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Have we crossed all the false assumption off of the list?

TBD Special ;);) 

Can’t play in cold adverse weather 

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018JAllen.php

Weaknesses

Has accuracy issues 

Ball security 

Decision-making needs to improve 

Throws too many interceptions 

Needs to improve ability to throw finesse throws 

Struggled against better teams 

Played at a low level of competition 

Concerns about production and ability to be a clutch performer

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2708976-josh-allen-may-be-a-no-1-nfl-draft-pick-and-the-franchise-qb-your-team-needs.amp.html

—Allen's film shows poor decisions and errant passes where the ball gets away from him.

—His subpar completion percentage (56 percent) can be attributed to poor decisions, passes thrown too hard, drops and plain misses.

—When Allen misses, he tends to miss big and often throws high on crossing routes.

—His footwork needs to be refined so that he's stepping into throws and aligning his lower body with his shoulders—an issue a lot of "arm" throwers have.

—He leaves a clean pocket too often (not trusting his offensive line) and will extend plays instead of throwing the ball away, which can lead to lost yards.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2018/4/22/17267900/josh-allen-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report-film-analysis-statistics-background-strengths-weaknesses

Allen is an extremely talented, highly-motivated kid, but he’s probably not prepared for what the NFL is going to do with him. 

Well, elsewhere in an Athletic article an anonymous scout was quoted as saying he thinks Josh still has "accuracy issues" 🤷‍♂️

So that one's still out there I guess

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, elsewhere in an Athletic article an anonymous scout was quoted as saying he thinks Josh still has "accuracy issues" 🤷‍♂️

So that one's still out there I guess

80 % completion rate.  

in Sub Zero temperatures. 

I’m no expert but I hear that kind of weather alters the 🏈 trajectory 

https://theweatherprediction.com/habyhints2/602/

Cold: Cold temperatures can make it more difficult to grip and throw the ball. It can also make the ball more difficult to catch. To counteract this, players can wear extra clothing and gloves that will keep them warmer. Also on the bench there can be heated clothing and heaters to help keep the players warm

deflated-footballs-012215-getty-ftrjpg_s

How cold weather changes the game for football players

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/how-cold-weather-changes-the-game-for-football-players-2/433233/amp

charles-clay-bills-3.jpg?resize=1024,668

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He must’ve been referring to the “throwaway” pass😎

This is just a guess, but if the guy does some "boxscore scouting" I would guess he would look at the 1st NE game, Carolina, Atlanta, 2nd Jets - and see completion % of 55% or less, and think "yeah, this guy still has issues".  He might not see the game and note the howling gale, the pressure which forced throw-aways, and all the WR drops of catchable balls.  He might look at the 3 picks in the Atlanta game and think "bad decision making" and not realize 2 of them were very good defensive deflections.

There's always going to be people saying he's too inconsistent.

Also, this Bills unit (not just Josh), hasn't won a single possession game all season. They win by double digits, or they don't win at all.

At this point, his detractors are more like Peyton Manning's were before he won a Super Bowl. Few people are saying he's not a great player, only that he's in the shadow of a greater player.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.