Are there any other negatives about Josh that he hasn’t put to rest?

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Have we crossed all the false assumption off of the list?

TBD Special ;);) 

Can’t play in cold adverse weather 

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018JAllen.php

Weaknesses

Has accuracy issues 

Ball security 

Decision-making needs to improve 

Throws too many interceptions 

Needs to improve ability to throw finesse throws 

Struggled against better teams 

Played at a low level of competition 

Concerns about production and ability to be a clutch performer

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2708976-josh-allen-may-be-a-no-1-nfl-draft-pick-and-the-franchise-qb-your-team-needs.amp.html

—Allen's film shows poor decisions and errant passes where the ball gets away from him.

—His subpar completion percentage (56 percent) can be attributed to poor decisions, passes thrown too hard, drops and plain misses.

—When Allen misses, he tends to miss big and often throws high on crossing routes.

—His footwork needs to be refined so that he's stepping into throws and aligning his lower body with his shoulders—an issue a lot of "arm" throwers have.

—He leaves a clean pocket too often (not trusting his offensive line) and will extend plays instead of throwing the ball away, which can lead to lost yards.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2018/4/22/17267900/josh-allen-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report-film-analysis-statistics-background-strengths-weaknesses

Allen is an extremely talented, highly-motivated kid, but he’s probably not prepared for what the NFL is going to do with him. 

Well he has not won a Super Bowl ……. Yet 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Consistency.  Let the hate poor in :) 

I agree.

But most of his bad games were either in bad weather or behind a porous line, or both.

When given time, JA typically performs.  

I think the NE playoff game shows what this offense is capable of when the OL gets the job done.   Daboll is a good OC.  We've got talent at the skill positions.  Josh is dynamite.  If the OL is blocking, this offense is really hard to stop.    

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Well he has not won a Super Bowl ……. Yet 

😂 sometimes we need different reaction emoji’s 

11 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I agree.

But most of his bad games were either in bad weather or behind a porous line, or both.

When given time, JA typically performs.  

I think the NE playoff game shows what this offense is capable of when the OL gets the job done.   Daboll is a good OC.  We've got talent at the skill positions.  Josh is dynamite.  If the OL is blocking, this offense is really hard to stop.    

Give him 9.657 seconds to throw the ball away and he scores a TD.  😆 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If he wants to take the next step and become as good a passer as Rodgers he'll need to cut back on his interceptions, but that's about it. As an all around QB he is arguably the best in the league.

Remind me the last time A A Ron got to a super bowl?

Brett Favre had lots of INT’s and won one himself 

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Not really a weakness, but I’d like him to show he can lead a game winning drive in the final minutes of the playoffs...I think that’s like one of the only things left on his bucket list to show he’s one of the all-time greats...👍

Heard.  But that's not what I want to see.   I want to see another display of absolute dominance.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Are there any other negatives about Josh that he hasn’t put to rest? 

Of course there are. For absolutely anybody, until they invent the perfect human.

Josh's biggest is that he has throws occasionally where he misses by a lot, and that he takes big risks which he can often make work with his terrific arm, but when the risks and the bad throws overlap, there are often going to be consequences.

Still a terrific player, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Sometimes he tucks the ball away when running, sometimes not.

image.png.815870eeb90319a7d4bef90a0089d68e.png

He often hurdles over poor LBs and DBs....Something he should not do in the NFL on a regular basis !!!!

Frankly,  the biggest negative that Josh is continuing to overcome is

Respecting the opponent defensive scheme and taking what they offer and being patient with it.  The NFL is not college.  Every team has good to great players who are athletically superior.  The QBs who have shown the patient to wilt the defense are the ones that are winning Super Bowls.  Any QB who plays 'Heroball' usually is back to earth after a game or two. 

Josh is learning and practicing that exact art.  As long as he can control his inner emotions to play that game, he is going to be deadly and very likely to win SBs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.