Are there any other negatives about Josh that he hasn’t put to rest?

Have we crossed all the false assumption off of the list?

TBD Special ;);) 

Can’t play in cold adverse weather 

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018JAllen.php

Weaknesses

Has accuracy issues 

Ball security 

Decision-making needs to improve 

Throws too many interceptions 

Needs to improve ability to throw finesse throws 

Struggled against better teams 

Played at a low level of competition 

Concerns about production and ability to be a clutch performer

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2708976-josh-allen-may-be-a-no-1-nfl-draft-pick-and-the-franchise-qb-your-team-needs.amp.html

—Allen's film shows poor decisions and errant passes where the ball gets away from him.

—His subpar completion percentage (56 percent) can be attributed to poor decisions, passes thrown too hard, drops and plain misses.

—When Allen misses, he tends to miss big and often throws high on crossing routes.

—His footwork needs to be refined so that he's stepping into throws and aligning his lower body with his shoulders—an issue a lot of "arm" throwers have.

—He leaves a clean pocket too often (not trusting his offensive line) and will extend plays instead of throwing the ball away, which can lead to lost yards.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2018/4/22/17267900/josh-allen-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report-film-analysis-statistics-background-strengths-weaknesses

Allen is an extremely talented, highly-motivated kid, but he’s probably not prepared for what the NFL is going to do with him. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

• SlimShady'sSpaceForce changed the title to Are there any other negatives about Josh that he hasn’t put to rest?
Just now, First Round Bust said:

the team is 3-3 in playoffs under Clappy McBean era,  and 5 out of 6 have been with Josh

with all wins at home, and all losses on the road (Jax game was Tyrod not Josh as qb ) , the next step...is road game, need I say more, its a process from what I hear...

fair enough 

But that applies to dozens of QB’s

I’d like to see a nice, double digit come from behind victory. We almost got that with the Bucs game. Aside from that, just the ice water, clutch gene that Jordan and Brady seem to have. It’s a bit of recency bias because he had those throws last year against the Rams, Dolphins, & Cards, but this year he’s oh-fer.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Sometimes he tucks the ball away when running, sometimes not.

I feel like he's basing it on what's around him now, when he's got open space he just goes as fast as he can but as soon as defenders are closing in he tucks it up.

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I’d like to see a nice, double digit come from behind victory. We almost got that with the Bucs game. Aside from that, just the ice water, clutch gene that Jordan and Brady seem to have. It’s a bit of recency bias because he had those throws last year against the Rams, Dolphins, & Cards, but this year he’s oh-fer.

He did that against the Jets two years ago.

• Like (+1) 3

A few tidbits that Nick Wright certainly will bring up:

• 0-2 on the road in the playoffs. 
  • 0-2 vs 2017 NFL QB class in playoffs.
  • 0-1 vs this era's Brady (Mahomes) in playoffs
  • Has never had a higher completion % in a game vs Mahomes
  • Has never completed over 58.33% of his passes in a game vs Chiefs

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=AlleJo02

8 Fourth Quarter Comebacks

11 Game-Winning Drives

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

He has to beat Mahomes this weekend for some people.  

He still has his detractors.  Those detractors no longer doubt his talent/ability, but now doubt his consistency…

ie., they know Mahomes will show up Sunday Night.  Are unsure if Allen will.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I think the ceiling has been shown, he’s overcome concerns about accuracy, he’s well past concerns about his low numbers production in college.

I would say the one remaining concern is can he do it game after game? That’s the only question he needs to answer.

When he’s on, he is unstoppable. And this season he has more almost cockiness. At times he’s not humble little try-hard Josh and I like it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.