Raiders fire GM Mike Mayock

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Ben said:

His draft record is pretty bad, especially in the first round, he probably deserves it.

Yes he does.  He took Alex Leatherwood in the first round.  Just because you played at Bama does not mean you will be a great or even good pro.  Leatherwood is worse then any Guard Buffalo has on their roster.  

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Raiders fire GM Mike Mayock
1 hour ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:
1 hour ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Interestingly the way they worked it was Gruden owned rounds 1-2 and Maycock handled round 3 onward. 

Weird situation.

Interesting. That means he have actually done a better job than it appears on paper. 😂. Is there a link or anything to that info?

Edited by Buffalo Junction
Doubled the quote
  • Like (+1) 1

The first round drafting for them was a complete disaster. But I don't know how much of that was Mayock vs Gruden. Some of the picks were unfathomable at the time. He most likely goes back to TV regardless. I just wonder what this means for Bisaccia. GMs usually want their guy, so it'll be interesting. I thought he did a great job for them given the circumstances.

I wonder how much Mayock was actually the GM and how much was Gruden.  

Obviously, Gruden was in charge.  But Chucky must have left Mayock with some duties.  

It seemed preordained that Mayock would be gone once Gruden resigned.  Still, how many sportswriters can say they actually built a playoff team? 

Odd he was given the chance.  Don't think he'll ever have the chance again.  Hope he enjoyed the experience while it lasted.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Funny thing about this is when big market teams make the playoffs but still fire their HC and/or GM the media is all for it.........those teams are allowed to have a high standard.

If the Bills had made the playoffs under Rex or Marrone and then fired them the media would be indignant about how ungrateful management and the fanbase was.     I'm glad we got a franchise QB and avoided that fate.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I'm good with it as long as Mayock comes back to the NFL network. I like him for the draft. 😉

Yeah, but he's a TV guy who actually got to make the picks and the results weren't that good. So how can you take him seriously?

11 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Hopefully this means he'll be back to covering the draft... he's one of the better ones.

He got a shot and proved he wasn't really.

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I wonder how much Mayock was actually the GM and how much was Gruden.  

Obviously, Gruden was in charge.  But Chucky must have left Mayock with some duties.  

It seemed preordained that Mayock would be gone once Gruden resigned.  Still, how many sportswriters can say they actually built a playoff team? 

Odd he was given the chance.  Don't think he'll ever have the chance again.  Hope he enjoyed the experience while it lasted.  

If previously stated is true, if he can spin Gruden had first 2 rounds each draft, then he might get another chance after all. Most of their good value picks came after the 2nd round.

I do like him on the tv analysis though. So if it takes a few years to get another shot, that will work also.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.