Raiders fire GM Mike Mayock

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Mayock is a clown. 

Why do people keep going to the Patriots??? It was 90% Brady and 10% BB. Most players and almost all coaches that leave are failures.

Completely agree. Mayock is a tv talking head clown. And hiring Gruden was the perfect compliment to that train wreck combo. Other than finding the golden ticket with Brady, New England's drafts have been very suspect. Especially wide receivers. 

14 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Yolo, I realize you are just reposting the news from various sources, but is there supporting info.  I thought there was a fairly big item from NFL Rumors not long ago that was horsehockey.

That’s why there is a question mark. It’s not sure if they are about to fire him but they are interviewing for his replacement 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Patriot mystique dies slowly. National talking heads still were leaning Pats going into Saturday’s game. Just a few weeks removed from a convincing Bills win at Gillette. It’s as if the Pats being at the center of the NFL universe is the natural order of things. They need to realize it’s about the QBs , and the Pats are becoming just a team in the league again. 

And about three years from now, the middling Patriots (7/8 wins) will still be searching for their QB, they will try to resurrect Darnold, he will have two games and Patriot fans will start drooling again....I just wonder how long it is going to take for them to find out that Mac N Cheese is not TB12.

I'd be surprised if Mayock was retained, his draft blunders are among the worst of the modern era. I'll be surprised if he ever works in a front office again.

I used to love him as a TV Draft "guru", but he's been so bad it's tarnished his image.

Seems like a Raider’s thing to interview an ILB coach for a HC opening regardless of what team he is coming from. It’s a big enough leap going from a coordinator position to HC and damn few make a successful transition. 
Just like the Mayock hire. No front office experience. No wonder they find themselves in the position they are in.

Edited by Bleedbuffaloblue
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, MJS said:

And they want to interview Patriots coaches and personnel? Haven't people learned by now?

To be fair the record of their personnel guys isn't bad. Thomas Demitroff had a solid run in Atlanta, drafted some excellent players and built a team that nearly won a Superbowl and Jon Robinson in Tennessee is one of the best GMs in the league. There have been a few Scott Pioli and Bob Quinn moments too but I'd feel better plucking from that tree than the coaching tree. 

• Agree 3

34 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Patriot mystique dies slowly. National talking heads still were leaning Pats going into Saturday’s game. Just a few weeks removed from a convincing Bills win at Gillette. It’s as if the Pats being at the center of the NFL universe is the natural order of things. They need to realize it’s about the QBs , and the Pats are becoming just a team in the league again. 

To be fair they outperformed their talent which is a testament to BB as a coach but also a knock on his ability to draft.

I dont see MacJones ever threatening the Bills. Can they win 10 games with him consistently? Sure. Can he get better? Who knows.  I try to give players a few years before passing final judgement on them. Im not always successful in that endeavor.  Jones was not the reason the Pats lost to the Bills but I just don't see a guy athletic enough to compete long term. He was good enough to be the starter next year which means the Pats have a starting QB on a rookie salary and their defense despite what the Bills did to them was #2 in the league in both yards and points. They played the same weak QBs the Bills did, but they made the most of it too.

Feels like Jets with Ken Obrien vs Bills and Kelly.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The Belicheat mystique was dying slowly, but has accelerated recently.  When he's gone, they'll be back to the bottom of the barrel again.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.