Sunday's Referee John Hussey

BubbaT

20 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Maybe an angry chipmunk ??

John-Hussey-referee.jpg

Not angry chipmunk as much as someone suffering from either a low fiber diet or lactose intolerance.  I'm no doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/01/nfl-week-17-referees-john-hussey-kansas-city-chiefs-vs-cincinnati-bengals/

Hussey’s crew has officiated the fewest games in the NFL this season with just 13 on the year. As a result, they’ve called the second-fewest penalties in the league with 146. His crew has only called 41 penalties since Week 11. Home and away teams don’t seem to have much of an advantage with this crew with 73 penalties apiece.

False starts (37) and offensive holding (30) are still the two penalties called the most by this crew with defensive pass interference (11) in a distant third place. This could be another week where the NFL’s new taunting rule is at the forefront of the discussion. Hussey’s crew owns the second-most taunting calls in the NFL with five on the season

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

I actually WANTED a tighter game in the AFCCG last year, so maybe this won't be so bad.  Our receivers were getting bumped and pushed all over the place without flags.

Yes, Tony Romo referred to the chiefs secondary as using “sticky coverage”. When the Chiefs pulled that in the Super Bowl against the Bucs, they had numerous flags dropped on them in the first half 👍

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BubbaT said:

Per Andrew Siciliano:

If you’re wondering about next week’s officials…. CIN - TEN: Clete Blakeman SF - GB: Ron Torbert AZ/LAR - TB: Shawn Hochuli BUF - KC: John Hussey

Hussey did Bills/Steelers and Bills/Jets (couldn't flip the coin right). Anybody have any thoughts on Hussey?

There's probably a good chance that he's shameless...

Again, the referee is only responsible for the quarterback, kicker, game administration, and replay.  They will occasionally call holding, but that's it.

The umpire and the deep wing officials are a lot more interesting as those officials primarily call holding, illegal contact, and pass interference.  These are the calls that typically impact the game the most.  For Sunday's game, the following officials have been scheduled:

image.thumb.png.c62db8f5731e56b855f4d933e675512a.png

Carl Johnson is the old NFL head of officiating (he was replaced by Riveron who was replaced by Walt Anderson).  Mark Hittner and Rick Patterson have been around forever and are widely considered some of the best at their position.

This is a very good crew that has a lot of experience.

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-officials/nfl-announces-divisional-round-officiating-crews/

So its John Hussey Crew

His crew has officiated 2 of the Bills games this year: 

Home vs Pittsburgh

Home vs NY Jets

Here is his crew game by game breakdown:

https://www.nflpenalties.com/referee/john-hussey?year=2021

His crew highest total count was the Chiefs vs Bengals which was tied at 15

His crew 5th highest total count was Pittsburgh vs Bills at 13

I think this is good for us because I think his crew calls a lot of DPI which we all know the Cheifs love to do.

Edit: Hussey crew was switched at the last minute to Ron Torbert crew for Bengals vs Cheifs

14 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-officials/nfl-announces-divisional-round-officiating-crews/

So its John Hussey Crew

His crew has officiated 2 of the Bills games this year: 

Home vs Pittsburgh

Home vs NY Jets

Here is his crew game by game breakdown:

https://www.nflpenalties.com/referee/john-hussey?year=2021

His crew highest total count was the Chiefs vs Bengals which was tied at 15

His crew 5th highest total count was Pittsburgh vs Bills at 13

I think this is good for us because I think his crew calls a lot of DPI which we all know the Cheifs love to do.

Edit: Hussey crew was switched at the last minute to Ron Torbert crew for Bengals vs Cheifs

The Hussey crew doesn’t matter in the regular season. They are mixed during the playoffs. That’s why you kept hearing during the Cinci game that these guys haven’t worked together all season. The guys Hussey worked with in the reg season and playoffs are completely different 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

how did it go for you?

I finally just had the chance to do it!   I did t want to force it, so I waited until I had an opportunity that worked. 

She had that dog that heard a whistle look on her face.  She didn’t know how to respond.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.