Predict the score BILLS - KC

mead107

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Chiefs 34

Bills 30

I have been talking about in some ways this year parallels 1989 really closely for this team...win the AFC east in 1988, make it to the AFCCG and lose to the Bengals, only to come back the next year and have a "down year" and not understanding how to be up every week for the opponent's best shot.  Finish with a worse record, lose in the Divisional round to the Browns in the Ronnie Harmon game.  Come back the following season and run rough shod through the AFC on their way to their first super bowl.  

I hope I am wrong about this game and hope the Bills win, but I think the parallels are very similar...I think history repeats itself and the Chiefs hold onto win in a last second finish as the Bills fail to punch it in from inside the 10 yard line late in the 4th.

I remember that Bills-Browns game very well.  It was a tremendous game where Don Beebe bounced off the Cleveland dirt on his head.  Didn't Jimbo throw for over 400 yards on that cold day in Cleveland?  

The current team just demolished the Pats.  That 1989 Bills team did not have quite the firepower of this team.  I think our confidence will be sky high going into KC.  Our O line is playing the best it has in ages.  And the Chiefs defense is not dominant or overly physical.  Our D line is also getting a push, and we will need a strong push on Mahomes up the middle to keep him from stepping up in the pocket.  Need to be real physical on Kelse and Hill like we were earlier this year.  It will be a great game.  But Josh has found the extra gear.  I see him running for several big gains.  Bills take it 34-27.  

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

I remember that Bills-Browns game very well.  It was a tremendous game where Don Beebe bounced off the Cleveland dirt on his head.  Didn't Jimbo throw for over 400 yards on that cold day in Cleveland?  

The current team just demolished the Pats.  That 1989 Bills team did not have quite the firepower of this team.  I think our confidence will be sky high going into KC.  Our O line is playing the best it has in ages.  And the Chiefs defense is not dominant or overly physical.  Our D line is also getting a push, and we will need a strong push on Mahomes up the middle to keep him from stepping up in the pocket.  Need to be real physical on Kelse and Hill like we were earlier this year.  It will be a great game.  But Josh has found the extra gear.  I see him running for several big gains.  Bills take it 34-27.  

What worries me is that Spags seems to have our number so to speak in these games...other than the last game when a lot of key players were injured, Jones was playing out of position on the DL and before they traded for Ingram.  Also, in last years AFCCG, the refs allowed the Chiefs to get away with defensive holding and illegal contact pretty much every pass play.  If that happens again we are going to have to be just as physical back and not let them keep effecting the routes they way they did.  

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Yup, he threw for 405 yards and 4 TDs but 2 INTs, including the critical one at the end to Clay Matthews near the goalline. The play after Harmon dropped the go ahead TD pass. Bills outgained the Browns 453 to 325, but could get nothing going on the ground as Thurman only had 27 yards rushing on 10 carries, but was the Bills leading receiver with 13 grabs for 150 yards and caught two of Kelly's TDs.

The game really came down to 3 critical plays...Norwood's missed XP when he slipped on the frozen painted dirt, and Eric Metcalf's 90 yard KR TD after the Bills had just cut the Cleveland lead down to 3 points, 24-21 after a Thurman 6 yard TD reception. And of course Harmon's dropped TD in the endzone that would have given the Bills the lead late in the game.  But the whole reason they had to go for a TD instead of tie it with the FG was Norwood missing the XP after the Bills final TD in the 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.