Dallas Cowboys fans throw trash at the refs after heartbreaking NFL playoff loss; Dak Prescott says 'credit to them'

HOUSE

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That would make no sense then.  Dak just lost his game awareness and is blaming the official for his own lack of awareness:

Blogging the Boys:

While Dak didn't execute well, and it appears didn't understand the rules, I still think this is primarily on the coaches. That was a dumb, dumb call. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'll be the umpteenth to say it - but Dallas lost that game fair & square.

Penalties, a bad playcall w/ the clock ticking down, not knowing that the ref had to place the ball.  And they weren't on the 1 yard line. All they missed was a chance at a hail mary.

Face it, Cowboys.  You blew it again. They're the blueprint for how I want the next quarter century to go for New England.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The Cowboys were awfully coached, completely undisciplined and poorly Quarterbacked last night. Their offensive line was atrocious and their big name playmakers dropped balls.

I expected the 49ers to win. I thought they would beat Dallas. In the end I am not sure they did. Dallas beat themselves. 

McCarthy's seat should already be smouldering hot going into next season (in the event he isn't fired today) but as for all those people who wanted to interview Kellen Moore? Really?? There was one young hotshot in a headset in that game last night I'd consider as my next coach if I had a vacancy but that was DeMeco Ryans. He did a hell of a job even as his best players fell like flies.

That game was just terrible football.

I like that 14 teams make the playoffs............but WC weekend this year was a combo of overmatched blowouts and bad head coaches getting a chance to display just how bad they are.   Between the shots of McCarthy looking befuddled and ready to burst into a pile of puss and Big Ben's pathetic soft tossing yesterday it was rough on the eyeballs.

The real playoffs start next week. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

While Dak didn't execute well, and it appears didn't understand the rules, I still think this is primarily on the coaches. That was a dumb, dumb call. 

Not according to the inept and obtuse Mike McCarthy. Watching him defiantly try to defend that final call after the game was comedy gold. I'm honestly shocked that Jerruh Jones didn't fire him on the spot. Then again, they deserve one another.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That game was just terrible football.

I like that 14 teams make the playoffs............but WC weekend this year was a combo of overmatched blowouts and bad head coaches getting a chance to display just how bad they are.   Between the shots of McCarthy looking befuddled and ready to burst into a pile of puss and Big Ben's pathetic soft tossing yesterday it was rough on the eyeballs.

The real playoffs start next week. 

I was never a fan of the playoff extension. I'm still not to be honest. There was one good quality and competitive game and that was the #4 seed vs the #5 seed in the AFC. I suspect we will get another one tonight with another #4 seed playing a #5 seed in the NFC. I'm not sure I needed to see Philly or Pittsburgh stinking up the joint. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I was never a fan of the playoff extension. I'm still not to be honest. There was one good quality and competitive game and that was the #4 seed vs the #5 seed in the AFC. I suspect we will get another one tonight with another #4 seed playing a #5 seed in the NFC. I'm not sure I needed to see Philly or Pittsburgh stinking up the joint. 

It was a little flukey that Pittsburgh, Vegas and Philly got in.........they clearly weren't deserving of being in any top 14, IMO.......... so I will give the system the benefit of the doubt this year.    But there was always the risk that you could get a watered down product.    

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

It was a little flukey that Pittsburgh, Vegas and Philly got in.........they clearly weren't deserving of being in any top 14, IMO.......... so I will give the system the benefit of the doubt this year.    But there was always the risk that you could get a watered down product.    

I mean that ended up being on the Colts and Chargers they don't drop the ball at the end of the season and it's probably different.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Dallas could probably have just gotten 15 yards on another quick pass to the sidelines instead

SF was playing super soft.  Giving them yardage in huge chunks.   They had time for two shots into the endzone

Dallas got an extra 2yds and 3seconds, but it was still too late.

Dak's knee was down at the 26yd line.

Cowboys tried to spot the ball at the 23yd line.

The ref (in a hurry) spotted the ball back at the 24yd line.

All 5 Dallas Olinemen were Offside.

The Center brought it forward from between his legs and snapped it.

the ref tried to screw the 49ers.

The umpire went the wrong way and blew the whistle early trying to give Dallas enough time to snap it.

Romo also mentions, during the timeout, that any play in-bounds would end the game.

That's why the announcers were groaning "Oh Nooo!" when Dak ran for it.

Romo tried to add that Dallas might be able to spike it in time, until he remembered that an official has to spot the ball first.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.