Dallas Cowboys fans throw trash at the refs after heartbreaking NFL playoff loss; Dak Prescott says 'credit to them'

HOUSE

12 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Is it still considered a hail mary from the 25?

I think it's only a Hail Mary if you're just generally throwing to the clump of players in the end zone.  From the 25, the receivers would run diverse routes and the QB would target someone specific.

34 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Even if they had gotten the spike off, the Cowboys still needed 40yds to get to the end zone.

They could have gotten 2 hail-mary's off if Dak wasn't so stupid.

They showed a sky cam of the last play, and the umpire was running as fast as he could to get the ball and set it down; it was a dumbass play considering the time left. 😄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They “may” have gotten it off if Dak handed it to the ref.   Probably not, but they would have had a split second… maybe it’s close enough where they give them a second on replay. 

I think they get it off if he hands it to him. The red probably doesn’t try barrelling through him and the offensive lineman to touch the football

6 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

So the Ball was at the 40yd line with 14 seconds left.

They called a Draw with no time outs left?

That means he needed to get down within 1second of snapping the ball to get the spike off.

The OC needs to get fired.

McCarthy confirmed it was the call.

Just now, Joe Mama said:

They showed a sky cam of the last play, and the umpire was running as fast as he could to get the ball and set it down; it was a dumbass play considering the time left. 😄

The time got to zero and the Ump was still trying to back up. They generally don't whistle the snap active until he gets in position. That would take another 3 seconds off.

I thought it was some kind of trick play where Dak was going to lateral or something.

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I think they get it off if he hands it to him. The red probably doesn’t try barrelling through him and the offensive lineman to touch the football

When he slid to ground, I yelled that it was over.

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Indisciplined?!  That's unpossible!

I will attribute it to 'fat typing fingers', a malady I often suffer from. 🙁😁

I suffer often from not proofreading when posting between work emails. I am fortunate to be able to call on your services in such a circumstance 😛

• Haha (+1) 1

It was soooo stupid by the Cowboys to do that "sneak turned into a run". 2 hail marys had more chance than one shorter pass.

It was legit pissed for the Cowboys when earlier they had a delay of game because the damn empire wouldn't get out of t he way. But on that last play, it's on Dak and the Cowboys, 100%. Rules are clear.

Running with no times outs. Spiking the ball with zero seconds left ha ha. Good play selection boys!

Both teams seem to want to lose at the end. What a weird overall ending. Not just the very last bit.

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am fortunate to be able to call on your services in such a circumstance 😛

In your case, done with the utmost respect.  Some of these cement heads get a righteous and deserved  'dope slap'.

Although improbable, you only need worry if I threaten:

1. A strong letter to 'The Times'.

2. You see me heading for Speakers' Corner at High Park.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Further cautions. 😁
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

So the Ball was at the 40yd line with 14 seconds left.

They called a Draw with no time outs left?

That means he needed to get down within 1second of snapping the ball to get the spike off.

The OC needs to get fired.

There's no way that call gets made without the approval of the head coach; they both deserve whatever happens to them.

It probably would have been faster to just throw a 10-15 yrd dig if you want to use the middle of the field against that sideline D. :doh:

26 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It was the call. Unbelievably dumb. McCarthy insists it was the right call.

That guy is a unique mix of stupidity and cowardice.

Although I guess it's not unheard of for those particular traits to go hand in hand.....

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The sneak isn't a terrible play but dak needed to get down after 10 yards. He just kept running

It's still a bad play. If you want to use the middle of the field and then spike and have one shot at the EZ the worst way to do it is with a play where your QB who then needs to organise the formation is the ball carrier and has to scramble himself up off the floor. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.