Dallas Cowboys fans throw trash at the refs after heartbreaking NFL playoff loss; Dak Prescott says 'credit to them'

HOUSE

image.png.5c40ab54b780ed85b5aafc73b91ed3a7.png

CNN)The Dallas Cowboys' 2021 season couldn't have ended in a more heartbreaking manner for fans, and they wasted no time in expressing that frustration.

Shortly after the Cowboys' 23-17 loss to the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday in the NFC Wild Card game, video captured fans throwing trash at players and referees as they ran off the AT&T Stadium field.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/17/sport/dallas-cowboys-san-francisco-49ers-nfl-spt-intl/index.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Terrible. I know there are times when I’ve been so mad at the refs that I would want to slug them in the face, but I can control my emotions and not follow through with it. Same goes for not breaking stuff in my house after a bad call. 

Dak should be fined though for basically approving violence against officials. Especially being one of the leading faces of the nfl.  

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

No ‘toys’ though?

I would never do it. But there is a difference in throwing a bilbo on the field and actively throwing bottles at people. 

Edited by VaMilBill
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

I stated it in the game thread and I will reiterate it here:

It’s weird to say, because it is not our job, but it is our responsibility to eradicate prejudice and ignorance around the league.

Because as hard as it is to believe there are still those out there…STILL to this day…who think Dak Prescott is better than Josh Allen at QB.

This isn’t just Skip Bayless disease, but an American disease.

Please will you help those who need it most with a donation?

It’s never too late to save a moron.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Even if they had gotten the spike off, the Cowboys still needed 40yds to get to the end zone.

They could have gotten 2 hail-mary's off if Dak wasn't so stupid.

Actually it would have been 2 Hail Marys from the 40.  Dak scrambled to around the 25.

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

Actually it would have been 2 Hail Marys from the 40.  Dak scrambled to around the 25.

Is it still considered a hail mary from the 25?

So they wanted one bomb from the 25, instead of two hail mary's from the 40, but got zero chances instead.

Edited by unbillievable
  • Like (+1) 1

To many penaties on the Cowboys, they deserved the loss

The Cowboys were called for 14 penalties, amounting to 89 yards.

a playoff record for the most penalties in a postseason game.

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

They should have thrown the trash at Dak for playing like trash for 3 quarters and then running too far on the sneak. And then giving the ball to his center and not the official for it to be spotted quicker.

3 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Is it still considered a hail mary from the 25?

If Mac Jones throws it, yes. That's his max range.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

I mean that might have been one of the most confounding games I have ever watched. Both teams acted like they didn't want to win and repeatedly did everything they could to give the game to the other team on a silver platter, which only resulted in the other team returning the favor.

Penalties, ridiculously bad interceptions, drops, poor tackling, wimpy punts, etc...

You name a way to try and lose a game, both teams tried it. Almost was upset that one team had to win because to be perfectly honest, they both deserved to lose.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I told hubby after the dallas game those officials are going to need security bigtime. Just being a playoff game and the idea the home town team fans were robbed will rankle and embolden some wahoo to take action..throwing cups and trash yeah I understand it...when I saw the clip I posted I thought  they were flinging crap at players.......ended up it being directed at referees makes more sense. Drunken pissed off behavior at an NFL game? nahhhhh /Sarcasm 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

The Cowboys were awfully coached, completely undisciplined and poorly Quarterbacked last night. Their offensive line was atrocious and their big name playmakers dropped balls.

I expected the 49ers to win. I thought they would beat Dallas. In the end I am not sure they did. Dallas beat themselves. 

McCarthy's seat should already be smouldering hot going into next season (in the event he isn't fired today) but as for all those people who wanted to interview Kellen Moore? Really?? There was one young hotshot in a headset in that game last night I'd consider as my next coach if I had a vacancy but that was DeMeco Ryans. He did a hell of a job even as his best players fell like flies.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

It's already settled science that it takes 13 seconds to set and snap a ball with the clock running.

That takes into account that the refs are slow to spot the ball, get into position and blow the whistle.

Anyone know if that was a called play or just Dak being stupid?

That was absolutely a designed draw.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.