How does this weeks game against KC differ from week #5 ? I am expecting the same outcome..

Bogie_Klinkhammer

26 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Since they lost to us in week 5 and then were pummelled 27-3 by the Titans in week 7,  they have gone on a  9-1 run with wins against good teams such as. Green Bay, Dallas and Chargers and then beating up the ones they should (Broncos(2), Raiders(2), Steelers) with their only loss to the Bengals in a wild game.  

Both the wins over the Cowboys and Packers were impressive road wins. 

I think you got a little over your skis there.  Both the Dallas and Green Bay wins were at Arrowhead and not impressive.  Rodgers missed the Green Bay game due to Covid and Jordan Love played- who is not good.

And Dallas played without their best WRs and some other important players, missing due to injury/Covid.

Just now, Big Blitz said:

How much in garbage time

He wasn't on the field when it mattered 

Dude, if he was on the field for half the snaps, he was probably on the field at times when it mattered.

Thornhill played 99% of the snaps and Mathieu 81%, so my guess would be KC is using him in their nickel or dime packages which they play a lot, and you just didn't see him - but who knows?

You want to figure out how many of the snaps were "garbage time", and how many of Sorenson's snaps aligned with that, Knock Yourself Out.

10 hours ago, zow2 said:

I think you got a little over your skis there.  Both the Dallas and Green Bay wins were at Arrowhead and not impressive.  Rodgers missed the Green Bay game due to Covid and Jordan Love played- who is not good.

And Dallas played without their best WRs and some other important players, missing due to injury/Covid.

This.  To @ganesh, You do You, but beating GB without Aaron Rodgers by a score of 13-7 or Dallas without Cooper 19-9 are wins, they count, but not that impressive and not road.

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, if he was on the field for half the snaps, he was probably on the field at times when it mattered.

Thornhill played 99% of the snaps and Mathieu 81%, so my guess would be KC is using him in their nickel or dime packages which they play a lot, and you just didn't see him - but who knows?

You want to figure out how many of the snaps were "garbage time", and how many of Sorenson's snaps aligned with that, Knock Yourself Out.

He was benched right after the Bills game.  

Chiefs to start Juan Thornhill over Daniel Sorensen at safety in hopes of reigniting defense

https://www.nfl.com/news/chiefs-to-start-juan-thornhill-over-daniel-sorensen-at-safety-in-hopes-of-reigni

Since that point, the Chiefs' defense has made significant improvements. Of course, it's totally unfair to narrow a singular reason down to that aforementioned switch in personnel. Was it a part of the equation? Absolutely. Was Sorensen the only player struggling? Absolutely not. On Sunday against the Denver Broncos, another huge win for the Chiefs, Sorensen played 39 snaps — the most he'd logged since Week 5. He also had an interception return for a touchdown, letting out a great deal of emotion at the end of the play. After the game, Reid explained why he knew his veteran safety would eventually snap out of the funk he was in.

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/gameday/kc-chiefs-safety-daniel-sorensen-on-outside-criticism-this-year-i-dont-care-frankly

He's played more since early December but my point was fact.....he's played less.   

A couple points for each team

Tre missing will have an impact on this game.  First time when the faced the Chiefs they mixed man and zone coverage in together.  

Chiefs defense has improved since the Bills played them in week 5.  They are much more healthier than they were in the first meeting.  

Bills offensive line is really gelling and playing well presently. 

Bills have a run game!!  Motor has really exerted himself and the line improvement has definitely help the run game. 

I really expect a close game.  

7 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Tre missing will have an impact on this game.  First time when the faced the Chiefs they mixed man and zone coverage in together.  

Chiefs defense has improved since the Bills played them in week 5.  They are much more healthier than they were in the first meeting.  

Bills have a run game!!  Motor has really exerted himself and the line improvement has definitely help the run game. 

Yeah this is the point where not having Tre could be much more noticeable. This will be a huge test for Dane, well for all the CB's obviously...but Dane will have his biggest challenge yet.

Hopefully DL can keep up the good work getting pressure and make it a little bit better for him

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah this is the point where not having Tre could be much more noticeable. This will be a huge test for Dane, well for all the CB's obviously...but Dane will have his biggest challenge yet.

Hopefully DL can keep up the good work getting pressure and make it a little bit better for him

Yep I'm hoping some DL pressure can help the secondary out as well.  The Ends really need to watch there up field rush and not let the up and under scrambles by Mahomes to run and extend plays.  Seen way too much of this as of late by the Bills DE's

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Chiefs also did not have Chris Jones for week 5 against us. We were missing Milano and will have him this time (minus Tre White).

It's all good. Bills didn't have good OL play then either. The OL has been killing it lately. I don't see Jones having the same impact as he did a year ago

This is the last team I wanted to see in Round 2.   They are playing better on offense, and much better on defense than in week 5.  That said, their pass defense is still suspect.  

I will say I am very worried about how much the media and fans are still talking about the Patriots game.  It's Tuesday of a pretty serious game week, and the focus still seems like its on last week.  My hope McDermott is doing a good job of making sure the players arent doing the same thing as its human nature.

KC beat Green Bay with Jordan Love at home by a score of 13-7. Love actually threw for more yards than Mahomes. 

When we played them all the stat geeks were saying "this is the REAL Josh Allen" (referring to his iffy early games). We were not clicking on all cylinders then either. 

I think we have a very, very good shot at beating these guys. In fact, I say we SHOULD beat them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Its about a close a game as there can be. The teams are very even. They were last year as well, but the gap between their D and ours was bigger. We now have the better D, but I would still give them the slight nod on O. So I would say that gives us a much better chance than last year. 

1 hour ago, ILBillsfan said:

Buffalo had a few flukey plays go their way - Pringle fumble on the KO return, the hill drop turned pick 6, and even the rousseau deflection int are not like... mis-reads or mistakes. 

Buffalo also had a lot of protection issues at times and allen resorted to some bad habits - the grounding after the pringle fumble.  Buffalo also didn't have much of a run game and were extra reliant upon allen runs.  They hit on a few deep balls to knox, diggs, and sanders.  Knox had an incredible grab in the 2nd half.

Regarding RFP calls...they went for it on 4th on their own 30 and it wasn't converted and a ticky tack RFP call kept the drive alive.  Buffalo got their own on an allen INT as well - which followed a 3rd down conversion that they called back on a phantom hold (literally no one on the line held on the play).  Couple of missed PI calls on diggs.  Couple of really bad holding calls on the Oline ( the morse one was ridiculous), one on white that wasn't too egregious.  I felt KC honestly got more calls than we did, so something to keep in mind - their own mistakes cost them that game.  If anything the refs kept KC in it when they didn't convert their 3rd downs.  

Buffalo's game plan will likely look similar defensively, i wouldn't count on all the turnovers by KC.  I also wouldn't expect buffalo to be hitting/attacking with so many deep routes.  This will be won on 3rd downs and in the red zone.  KC is going to get theirs on offense, the key is the big 3rd down stops and forcing FGs in the red zone.  If they can get out ahead then turnovers are more likely to occur. 

Offensively Buffalo has a ton of personnel groupings that can give defenses issues and they're more varied than they probably looked in the previous game.  The NE game showed what the offense is capable of when firing on all cylinders, and they've gradually been bringing things along.  They seem to have found their 5 linemen and 6th for jumbo short yardage looks.  The fact that they aren't sneaking on 3rd and 2 and are now handing it off, or boot actioning is creating additional conflict for the defense.  They've also started using more RPOs to create conflicts on defense enabling allen to throw and run more effectively.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I posted this in the game day thread but since they moved Chris Jones back inside, the chiefs defense has been ranked 3rd in league since that move

They've also led the league in points allowed per game.

Also folks are overlooking the addition of Melvin Ingram and rise of Nick Bolton who have been key cogs there as well.

Obviously what the Bills did to the Patriots defense means a lot but they were clearly on the downswing to end the year when deep dive into the numbers where KC has been flat out dominant.

If Allen comes out and dominates this KC defense on the road and we score 30+ points it will truly be a sight to behold.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I posted this in the game day thread but since they moved Chris Jones back inside, the chiefs defense has been ranked 3rd in league since that move

Chiefs D too me still hasn't improved a whole lot vs the competition see Chargers, Cinci, Denver games.....I do agree Jones on the inside is better for the Chiefs but as you seen in the Pitt game they were doubling the center to help the guard with Jones and vs a team other than Pitt it has helped.

The way the o line for Buffalo has been playing I think you may see some of this as well but i think there are still issues that legit offenses are finding ways to attack them and do not think Buffalo will have issues, especially with the way the Bills have started to run the ball with Singletary it really is putting pressure on the opposing D

Biils just need to execute and I think they will get in the high 20's mid 30's

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.