How does this weeks game against KC differ from week #5 ? I am expecting the same outcome..

Bogie_Klinkhammer

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Differences with week 5:

Kansas City will have Chris Jones

Kansas City sent Sorenson to the sun after Knox destroyed them

The Bills are better because their oline and dline are playing at a high level

Yes we lost White - but we didn't have him vs Tampa and their WRs at the time were better you can make the case at that time Tampa's O was overall better then KC.  

We sent Zach Moss to the sun

Motor is playing at a high level

I expect to beat them.  

Must have been one of them Blue Origin flights because he was starting for them against the Steelers.

I would say it differs in that KC went through a real downturn early in the year but are now playing much better as a team.

Their defense in particular was a mess at the time of our game but they are playing way better now, consistently.

The good news is that the KC of right now is not the same KC of the last few years.

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Maybe he started (I missed the first 10 minutes) but I watched for him and never saw him on the field.  

According to this, he was in on 53% of the defensive snaps.  But they say he didn't start and I distinctly remember him introducing himself with the starting lineup because I was surprised he was still starting.

Edited by Doc

Since losing to the Titans the Chiefs have beaten (since Nov 1):

Daniel Jones

Jordan Love

The Raiders 

The Cowboys minus half their line and Cooper; Lamb was out after the 2nd quarter

The Broncos 

The Raiders

The Chargers (34-28 win in OT)

The Steelers

Loss to Bengals 34-31

Drew Lock (28-24 win)

Their defense is the least of my concerns - unless they're getting away with mauling our WRs

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, zow2 said:

When we last played the Chiefs they were #32 in defense for weeks 1-5.   Weeks 6-18 they were #1.  That’s a pretty huge difference unto itself, plus Mahomes and the offense are playing much better.

This will be a war. Bills will need 35 imo.  The only team to really stop KC in their tracks in a meaningful game was Tampa in the Super Bowl.  i believe the Chiefs oline was down 2 starters in that game which didn’t help.

How about week 7-18 or better yet, week 15-18?

Doesn’t quite fit your argument?

11 hours ago, zow2 said:

When we last played the Chiefs they were #32 in defense for weeks 1-5.   Weeks 6-18 they were #1.  That’s a pretty huge difference unto itself, plus Mahomes and the offense are playing much better.

This will be a war. Bills will need 35 imo.  The only team to really stop KC in their tracks in a meaningful game was Tampa in the Super Bowl.  i believe the Chiefs oline was down 2 starters in that game which didn’t help.

This is all true.  But go back and watch week 18 against Denver.  Denver was one bad Melvin Gordon fumble away from pulling an upset.  KC is a damn good team for sure, but they aren’t unbeatable 

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Since losing to the Titans the Chiefs have beaten (since Nov 1):

Daniel Jones

Jordan Love

The Raiders 

The Cowboys minus half their line and Cooper; Lamb was out after the 2nd quarter

The Broncos 

The Raiders

The Chargers (34-28 win in OT)

The Steelers

Loss to Bengals 34-31

Drew Lock (28-24 win)

Their defense is the least of my concerns - unless they're getting away with mauling our WRs

Context is important.  Our receivers are a lot more healthy than they were last year when struggled to beat press coverage 

20 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I would say it differs in that KC went through a real downturn early in the year but are now playing much better as a team.

Their defense in particular was a mess at the time of our game but they are playing way better now, consistently.

The good news is that the KC of right now is not the same KC of the last few years.

I think their downturn is a bit exaggerated…their schedule was frontloaded with all the tough afc matchups.  Ravens pre even more injuries,titans,us and the chargers they lost to 

• Like (+1) 1

game will come down to 2 things,   which QB plays better,  and how the refs call the game.   if they let them play i like our chances,  if they start calling ticky tack PI and holding i think we may be in trouble.    the game last year the Chefs D could do whatever they wanted to our players,  and the game was called the opposite for us.   then in the SB the same thing happened to the Chefs but reversed.    my one wish for this game is that the refs are consistent for both teams.     you either call it tight for both,  or u dont,  for both.

let the players decide the game.     Go Bills!!!

21 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

game will come down to 2 things,   which QB plays better,  and how the refs call the game.   if they let them play i like our chances,  if they start calling ticky tack PI and holding i think we may be in trouble.    the game last year the Chefs D could do whatever they wanted to our players,  and the game was called the opposite for us.   then in the SB the same thing happened to the Chefs but reversed.    my one wish for this game is that the refs are consistent for both teams.     you either call it tight for both,  or u dont,  for both.

let the players decide the game.     Go Bills!!!

Chiefs are a bit unique in that their gameplan is literally playing a grabby man defense.  So if the other team likes playing zone ‘letting both teams play’ still greatly benefits the chiefs.  It seems like we learned our lesson though and we were a lot more physical with them this year. 

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

That is why Buffalo made it a point to be physical with Kc. Make em call it both ways or not at all.  The Bills offense is better equipped to handle KC than last season.  Every wr was battling an injury.  Now they are healthy.  Diggs Mckenzie and Knox will eat man alive.  Sanders and Davis can as well.  The game plan KC uses on d will be interesting.

the idea KC defense is “ improved” is utter BS.

their stud defense is at the same level as NEw England…

they did well against the poor teams but didn’t do much against good teams.

they get a packers team at home with Rodgers out

they get the Cowboys at home with three receivers/ backs out.

they barely survive giants and both Broncos games.  The differences in the Broncos games can be attributed to denver turnovers/play calling problems.

they lose to cincinati and got lucky against the chargers with questionable chargers defense plays.

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Since they lost to us in week 5 and then were pummelled 27-3 by the Titans in week 7,  they have gone on a  9-1 run with wins against good teams such as. Green Bay, Dallas and Chargers and then beating up the ones they should (Broncos(2), Raiders(2), Steelers) with their only loss to the Bengals in a wild game.  

Both the wins over the Cowboys and Packers were impressive road wins.    

They are playing well and with confidence.  The Bills have their work cut out.   But we have Josh Allen and a stingy defense.  Go Bills !

13 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Both Offenses believe they can win a shoot-out

Both Defenses want to limit big plays and make their opponent grind it out.

Do the coaches open up their offenses, or slow the game down to keep it close?

Who breaks first and settles for a FG?

Will either team punt?

I bet both teams-go for it on 4 down, knowing how good the other offense is the team that makes a 4 down stop probably wins. Or turn over that’s how close it will be might only take one mistake. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.