How does this weeks game against KC differ from week #5 ? I am expecting the same outcome..

Bogie_Klinkhammer

42 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

The game should be different I would think. Not having Tre will probably change our approach a bit as to dictate on what we plan to do with Hill and Kelce

The Chiefs D is more stout up front on the Line. 

With that being said, Our O line and running game have hit  our stride as well. 

I think Chiefs fans will probably get carried away with their win against a Horrible Steelers Team .. They are not world beaters. They almost lost to Denver, Bengals beat them. 

It could truly go either way I think.

Just like bills fan against a pretty bad pats team lol

KC has made two impactful upgrades: Ingram and at RB.  

We have done nothing to upgrade and lost Tre.  So I'd give KC the advantage here.  KC is also the TOP defense in the league since that game, and is running the ball more.  That said, we have gotten better at stopping the run once Harry started playing better.  The KC OL is great, in large part due to Creed Humphry, who Bean royally whiffed on.  

KC has improved through some player acquisitions on D and at RB.  That said, we have improved in-house through Harry's improvement.  But we are missing Tre.  Jackson has been a solid replacement.  We need someone to cover Kelse.  The D will have it's hands full this game, and it won't be as easy for our offense.  I think using multiple looks (running, getting mcKenzie more involved, using Knox, basically everything we did to Pats**) will be key.  

11 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

The Chiefs defense relies on refs allowing their back 7 to mug the other teams receivers, and their fans know it.

great point.  We need our receivers to be ready to deal with that.  If they are allowing DB's to mug, they should also allow offensive PI.  So we need our guys to push off.  

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

If you’re going to say Chris Jones for them, no Tre White for us… valid.  You also have to include Milano for us.   He didn’t play Week 5. 

add in Ingram for KC also, however.  

Milano is a huge addition for us.  Basically the only dependable "impact" player in the front 7.  

14 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

We have done nothing to upgrade and lost Tre.  So I'd give KC the advantage here.  KC is also the TOP defense in the league since that game, and is running the ball more.  That said, we have gotten better at stopping the run once Harry started playing better.  The KC OL is great, in large part due to Creed Humphry, who Bean royally whiffed on.  

KC has improved through some player acquisitions on D and at RB.  That said, we have improved in-house through Harry's improvement.  But we are missing Tre.  Jackson has been a solid replacement.  We need someone to cover Kelse.  The D will have it's hands full this game, and it won't be as easy for our offense.  I think using multiple looks (running, getting mcKenzie more involved, using Knox, basically everything we did to Pats**) will be key.  

great point.  We need our receivers to be ready to deal with that.  If they are allowing DB's to mug, they should also allow offensive PI.  So we need our guys to push off.  

Milano is a huge addition for us.  Basically the only dependable "impact" player in the front 7.  

Sure, you can talk about additions for KC, but a lot of what we’re seeing is Beane’s philosophy…. Build with our guys.  

These are players/units that have vastly improved since our last meeting with KC.  

-Singletary has become a playmaker/difference maker.  

-Bates/Healthy OL has elevated the Offense.    In regards to Humphrey, I’d say Morse is playing is a similar level.  Not to say we shouldn’t have taken him, but there’s a reason we didn’t.  

-Knox has become a top end TE.. basically in the group after Kelce & Kittle.  

-Harry/Oliver has become a big time tandem in the middle. 

Obviously KC is better than when we last met, and we’re the ones with the major loss (Tre White)… but the two weeks prior to destroying the “dead team walking” Steelers - KC lost to the Bengals and were a fumble away from losing to Denver, all with the 1 seed and playoff seeding on the line. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2

44 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

We have done nothing to upgrade and lost Tre.  So I'd give KC the advantage here. 

C'mon the offensive line and running game are clearly better now.

That said, I completely disagree with the thread starter that the result will be the same.  Ain't no way in hell we blow out the Chiefs again.  We need to win this game 34-31 or so.

And let's hope the Bengals knock off the Titans, too.  My heart can't handle back to back nailbiters.  I want to host the AFCCG

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Intensity -  This is playoff football.  Regular season game cannot match this intensity.

What's at Stake -  In week #5 it was a one game loss.  With Sunday's game, it is go home for the loser. 

the two are different games.  In fact it would be stupid of the teams to approach it like the regular season game.

More importantly,  this is the 4th time the two teams are facing each other in 15 months...Allen is 1-2 and needs to win this to exorcise last years losses (inspite of this years win). 

*  Will the Bills pass rush get to Mahomes?  Will the Chiefs pass rush get to Allen?

*.  Will the Bills continue to have success with Singletary?   Will the Chiefs get lucky again with the backup RB for the kind of game he had against the Steelers.

*.  Will the Bills WRs and TEs be able to catch the football ?  

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

I’m sorry I have a hard time viewing Melvin Ingram and Jerick McKinnon as impactful. Ingram has one sack this season (technically two half sacks). The best season McKinnon had was 2017 when he rushed for 570 yards. Both are on their third NFL team. Ingram was obtained by an in season trade for a sixth round pick. That move demonstrates a lack of depth more than anything else. McKinnon was brought in on a one year deal, went on IR in November and was brought back out of necessity on January 1, last night was his second game back. McKinnon has 62 yards in the regular season and had 61 last night. He played in the Bills game on October 10th, he had one attempt for 2 yards. If I were a betting man I’d put money on neither of them being with KC next year. 

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Sure, you can talk about additions for KC, but a lot of what we’re seeing is Beane’s philosophy…. Build with our guys.  

These are players/units that have vastly improved since our last meeting with KC.  

-Singletary has become a playmaker/difference maker.  

-Bates/Healthy OL has elevated the Offense.    In regards to Humphrey, I’d say Morse is playing is a similar level.  Not to say we shouldn’t have taken him, but there’s a reason we didn’t.  

-Knox has become a top end TE.. basically in the group after Kelce & Kittle.  

-Harry/Oliver has become a big time tandem in the middle. 

Obviously KC is better than when we last met, and we’re the ones with the major loss (Tre White)… but the two weeks prior to destroying the “dead team walking” Steelers - KC lost to the Bengals and were a fumble away from losing to Denver, all with the 1 seed and playoff seeding on the line. 

I don't disagree with anything you said, but we have only shown improvement against 1 great team (NE, who itself stumbled into the postseason).  Growing internally is great, and Singletary did not so much improve as someone finally told Daboll that running exists outside of QB draws :)

There was no reason not to draft Humphry, IMO, but the line's elevated play as of late has been tremendous.  

I'm just saying that out of the additions/losses, we are slightly worse off when you consider what KC added (they are the #1 defense since we played them, so they also had internal improvement); and we lost Tre.  I still believe we can beat them.  They looked slow out of the gate v. PGH.  If we come out hot again and make them one dimensional, we should win.  

3 hours ago, harryS said:

C'mon the offensive line and running game are clearly better now.

That said, I completely disagree with the thread starter that the result will be the same.  Ain't no way in hell we blow out the Chiefs again.  We need to win this game 34-31 or so.

And let's hope the Bengals knock off the Titans, too.  My heart can't handle back to back nailbiters.  I want to host the AFCCG

I was talking external upgrades, and I agree, no way we blow them out. Both team are better now.  

2 hours ago, chris heff said:

I’m sorry I have a hard time viewing Melvin Ingram and Jerick McKinnon as impactful. Ingram has one sack this season (technically two half sacks). The best season McKinnon had was 2017 when he rushed for 570 yards. Both are on their third NFL team. Ingram was obtained by an in season trade for a sixth round pick. That move demonstrates a lack of depth more than anything else. McKinnon was brought in on a one year deal, went on IR in November and was brought back out of necessity on January 1, last night was his second game back. McKinnon has 62 yards in the regular season and had 61 last night. He played in the Bills game on October 10th, he had one attempt for 2 yards. If I were a betting man I’d put money on neither of them being with KC next year. 

well, CEH is likely back for our game.  But McKinnon had impactful drive sustaining runs last night.  

I believe they also have a DL (can't recall name, Jones?) who missed our game who is back, we are down Tre.  

All things being said, I think both teams got better since we last met.  If we come out hot and play like we did against NE, we should win.  

• Like (+1) 1

Josh Allen, Brian Daboll, and a gameplan 800 days in the making

Excellent article from Read Optional that talks about the Bills game plan for the week 5 matchup.  Very much worth the read.  I thought that the game plan for the beat down of the Pats looked very similar.  I expect more of the same plus some added wrinkles this time around with KC.  Both teams have explosive offenses and can put a lot of points on the board, but the Bills have a better defense than the Chefs. I expect that to be the difference. 

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Some would say the Chiefs are playing much better football than earlier in the season. Also, this is their “revenge” game for when we beat them. 

Yea they are playing better  

But it's hard to play the revenge Factor.. when the other team lost to you in the conference championship the season prior

That week 5 loss stings a lot less than losing in the conference championship game 

This is the Bills revenge game don't get it twisted

Differences with week 5:

Kansas City will have Chris Jones

Kansas City sent Sorenson to the sun after Knox destroyed them

The Bills are better because their oline and dline are playing at a high level

Yes we lost White - but we didn't have him vs Tampa and their WRs at the time were better you can make the case at that time Tampa's O was overall better then KC.  

We sent Zach Moss to the sun

Motor is playing at a high level

I expect to beat them.  

Most likely it will be a pretty close game.  If that happens it will come down to a few plays where any of the men on the field can make the difference

in the 4th quarter.  When that table is set all the past games won't add up to a hill of beans.

After the game, the winning team will get too much praise and the losing team too much criticism.

image.png.fcaba64d5231ac34688f7c43b01db7b1.png

5 hours ago, gobills404 said:

The Chiefs defense relies on refs allowing their back 7 to mug the other teams receivers, and their fans know it.

That is why Buffalo made it a point to be physical with Kc. Make em call it both ways or not at all.  The Bills offense is better equipped to handle KC than last season.  Every wr was battling an injury.  Now they are healthy.  Diggs Mckenzie and Knox will eat man alive.  Sanders and Davis can as well.  The game plan KC uses on d will be interesting.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.