How does this weeks game against KC differ from week #5 ? I am expecting the same outcome..

HOUSE

6 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

Bills averaged 9 yds per possession against Pats, a top 5 defense.  Granted, Pats played flat to some degree but I feel good about our ability to move the ball.  I'd like to see a spy on Mahommes because that dude can gain many yards like Josh can.

Yeah, we killed the Pats.  A one game trend is not a trend.  One year, we beat the Raiders, a good team, 51-3 in the playoffs.   Man, our O and D were both dominant!  Then we lost the Super Bowl.

The Chiefs game is an entirely separate entity. Different game plans.  Different coaches.  Different matchups.  

• Agree 1

The game should be different I would think. Not having Tre will probably change our approach a bit as to dictate on what we plan to do with Hill and Kelce

The Chiefs D is more stout up front on the Line. 

With that being said, Our O line and running game have hit  our stride as well. 

I think Chiefs fans will probably get carried away with their win against a Horrible Steelers Team .. They are not world beaters. They almost lost to Denver, Bengals beat them. 

It could truly go either way I think.

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

2 hours ago, george c said:

Taking Tre White out of a game, and thinking there won’t be a drop off is a little crazy.

The safety’s will have to be extra sharp for this game. 

I agree the Chiefs are playing like the Chiefs now & every one on the Bills D is going to have to prove why they are #1 in the league if they don't they will be watching the play offs like the rest of us from their living rooms ...

I think Dabol needs to use Mckenzie like the Chiefs do their speed guy Hill throw a wrinkle or 2 that they won't expect . I think Josh is every bit as good as Mahomes & if he can get the offense humming or keep it humming like it was last game it will be a barn burner for sure !! 

Edited by T master

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I am sorry I don't see the big drop off some expected with the loss of Tre White

Highlights Week 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxiOnaTUows

1) The Chiefs were playing us without Chris Jones (DT) and Charvarius Ward (CB).  Jones is a monster for them when used correctly

2) The Chiefs made adjustments to how they were playing defense, most notably moving Chris Jones back to the interior, where he thrives.

3) Chiefs traded for Melvin Ingram from the Steelers.  If ever Karma came calling on a team, that team would be sad on the flight back to Pittsburgh

Solak wrote an article about it:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/12/10/22827358/kansas-city-chiefs-defense-steve-spagnuolo-turn-around

Meanwhile, the KC offense has apparently fixed itself and is clicking on all cylinders.

I can nitpick both those viewpoints and perhaps I will - for example, one could ask "in the latter half of the season, what's happened when the Chiefs have played a top offense or a top defense?"  They've played the Broncos (2x), the Steelers (2x), the Raiders, Chargers (OT) and Bengals (L).  The Broncos have a good defense (#3 for points) but #16 in NY/A on passing.  The Steelers have the #20 defense on points.  Raiders #26, Chargers #30, Cincinnati #17.

One could also ask the question: since we lost Tre' Day in week 12, have we really faced a top, dangerous passing offense? 

We've played the Pats (3x), the Bucs (gained 351 pass yards and won), the Panthers, the Falcons and the Jets.  So the only dangerous passing offense we faced gained 351 yds and won, although we made it close and took them to OT.

34 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I believe the Bills can win this game because they're very good and well balanced. That said, much like beating the Patriots, until you unseat the Chiefs from their place in the AFC, they remain the team to beat and you have to do it before we can say the Bills have arrived at their objective. 

The Chiefs are beatable for sure. Keeping in mind that the absence of Tre White is huge when considering Hill has the world-class speed and Kelce is the best TE in the game. But, the Chiefs' Offensive Line is bit of a mess and their Defense has weaknesses the Bills can exploit. As always, it will be about applying pressure to Mahomes, much like the Steelers did to START the game, but the Steelers didn't have the Corners to stay with their receivers for the entire game. If the Bills Corners and Safeties can help provide enough coverage, the line will apply the pressure between Oliver, Phillips and the guys like Hughes and Rousseau putting some pressure off the ends. Additionally, this game will be really important for Milano and Edmunds. Can they take away the middle crossers enough to throw the timing off and can they tackle Kelce tough to keep him from getting those YAC. 

The Bills Offense should produce, but before we all assume it will be a track meet, we should temper expectations a bit. The Bills should score, but Singletary will likely be more important to the Offense except for Josh Allen. Of course the O-line comes in to play, but they always do. If Motor can run, the Bills will score often. If it becomes less balanced than what we've seen over the last several weeks, it could be a re-run of last year's AFC title game. 

After all is said and done, if Bills want to be the bullies of the AFC, they have to beat the Chiefs.

I have not gone back and watched the game, but it seems that the strategy for DEs was to prevent Mahomes rolling out, no school yard football. One play in particular stood out, Rousseau looked like he had a shot at Mahomes, but pulled up to contain him. Keep him in the pocket, get pressure up the middle and cover. I think it’s what the Bucs did in SB.

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If you’re going to say Chris Jones for them, no Tre White for us… valid.  You also have to include Milano for us.   He didn’t play Week 5. 

True, but we did have Zimmer in our previous matchup with KC, whose speed on DL made a difference.

My bottom line is I believe in us if we Grind and if our coaches don't coach scared.  But there's no "expecting", it's going to be a knife fight.

35 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

THey replaced Sorenson with Thornhill.

Still a hole, but an upgrade.

The real difference is moving Chris Jones back to DT and adding Melvin Ingram, which improved their pass rush.

So Ingram has 1 sack on the season and technically it is 2 half sacks, do we really need to worry about him? Thornhill is a up grade over Sorenson, but anyone would have been an upgrade. Are their corners any good?

2 minutes ago, chris heff said:

So Ingram has 1 sack on the season and technically it is 2 half sacks, do we really need to worry about him? Thornhill is a up grade over Sorenson, but anyone would have been an upgrade. Are their corners any good?

The major change has been scheme.

Chiefs fans say that they're running a complex system that confuses Quarterbacks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They average 16 since we last played them.  They showed the stats in the game. 

Doesn’t mean we can’t score on them, but they got healthy and the D improved a lot from the 32 PPG they were giving up the first part of the season.  

Chris Jones being healthy is a big part of that.  

Again, doesn’t mean we won’t score, but if we think this is the same team we beat already we would be foolish. They are playing better on both sides of the ball then they were when we played them first time.  So are we though…just saying we shouldn’t get over confident.  We need to not shoot ourselves in the foot and win the turnover battle.  If we do that, we will beat them again.  

I believe you.  But they've given up an average of 23.4 PPG in their last 5.  That's over a TD more.  True better than 32 PPG but that defensive domination looks to be fading.

Our win earlier this year was revenge for the regular season loss in 2020.

Sunday is revenge for the AFCCG.

We knew without knowing who we would be playing. We have been preparing for a year for this moment. We know what needs to be done, and we know how to do it.

All that’s left is to execute.

They will pair Wallace Vs Hill. Our superhero safeties will need to help. That puts our healthy LBs Vs Kelce. Then, our better rotated D line presses as Beane projected.

I have no worry that our O can keep up. STeams = below average, major inconsistency. 

bottom line? We will find out if the extra D strategy Beane off-season worked.

40 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

The game should be different I would think. Not having Tre will probably change our approach a bit as to dictate on what we plan to do with Hill and Kelce

The Chiefs D is more stout up front on the Line. 

With that being said, Our O line and running game have hit  our stride as well. 

I think Chiefs fans will probably get carried away with their win against a Horrible Steelers Team .. They are not world beaters. They almost lost to Denver, Bengals beat them. 

It could truly go either way I think.

Just like bills fan against a pretty bad pats team lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.