How does this weeks game against KC differ from week #5 ? I am expecting the same outcome..

HOUSE

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Some would say the Chiefs are playing much better football than earlier in the season. Also, this is their “revenge” game for when we beat them. 

This is also Buffalo's revenge game from the AFC Championship game ??

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Some would say the Chiefs are playing much better football than earlier in the season. Also, this is their “revenge” game for when we beat them. 

Agreed. But also, the Bills are playing much better than earlier in the season as well. Should be a great game. Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

When we last played the Chiefs they were #32 in defense for weeks 1-5.   Weeks 6-18 they were #1.  That’s a pretty huge difference unto itself, plus Mahomes and the offense are playing much better.

This will be a war. Bills will need 35 imo.  The only team to really stop KC in their tracks in a meaningful game was Tampa in the Super Bowl.  i believe the Chiefs oline was down 2 starters in that game which didn’t help.

Best to address this one as a clean slate based off how the teams have been playing recently. in other words, it's going to be a barn burner. Both teams are near full health, KC has the home advantage, but Buffalo seems to excel on the road. This one is going to be a lot of fun. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

Going to be a real tough game.

Key for me is just don't turn the ball over and make their offense work for every inch of field. They're going to score points and move the ball, that's inevitable. But if you can make them work hard for every yard and hopefully limit them to a few FGs in the redzone or even failed 4th down conversions, then you have a shot.

Our offensive line is improved since then and they seem to be imposing their will onto teams more lately. Need to do that here, be more physical and beat them up in the trenches. Same for the D-line. The main thing for me is for them to be disciplined and not give Mahomes room to run around. Also, get the hands up and try to tip those passes - we might get an INT or two

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I am sorry I don't see the big drop off some expected with the loss of Tre White

Highlights Week 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxiOnaTUows

KC's defense is not playing at a historically bad level anymore.

Bills OLine has been playing it's best football of the year since Bates was inserted both pass and run blocking.

Bills have committed to Singletary as the lead back and have been much more effective with running the ball.

Also, I think White's loss will be felt a lot more in games like this than in the ones we play with average QB/WR tandems like we have mostly had since he was out.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

The Bills were pretty inconsistent from week 5 on....  Their best offensive performances were against NE (and the first Jets game)..... 

Remember last January vs. the Chiefs was supposed to be the Bills revenge game (from a regular season loss), and wasn't to be. 

Now also look at how bad KC's offense was that fist game, 2 Ints & 2 Fumbles.....  I wouldn't be counting on that this time.

I'm hoping that the Bills just have KC's # this year.      

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think the lack of Tre White will be much more visible against the Chiefs than against any other team the Bills have faced since he went down. Wallace is going to get abused. Hyde and Poyer are playing their best ball ever, which helps, but sooner or later...

Bills pass rush has become much stronger in recent weeks, but KC's O-line is in much better shape than they were in the playoffs last year. No way the Bills are getting the kind of pressure that TB served up in the SB.

Both teams will need to extend drives as long as possible. Time of Possession will be critical in this game. 

I also think it will take some luck - turnovers, penalties, etc. Definitely nervous about this one!

Edited by skibum
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

If I recall that game Mahomes had some uncharacteristically inaccurate passes that were not catchable which helped kill drives. Obviously we had that pick six which is something we cannot rely on again. Although it would be welcome. Those two things killed several drives for the Chiefs. 

josh needs to play really well again and continue to sustain drives and put pressure on the chiefs. Not going to lie, I think we should try to get the ball first and score first to take the initiative. 

one pass I am worried about which will allow the chiefs to take up chunk plays is that corner pass behind our corners sitting in the flats. Mac Jones took advantage of that like 3-4 times last week

Edited by VaMilBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.