Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Allen is a 25 year old, elite, QB, who is literally in his second playoff season where he has a supporting team around him capable of reaching the Super Bowl. He is on the road facing another elite QB who is in his fourth year of having a SB caliber team around him, and has already won a SB.

I think it is, at best, a bit hyperbolic, and, at worst, idiotic to label Allen as a QB "who just can't win the biggest games" if he loses this game.

I AGREE with your take here completely...but we live in a day and age when a guy strings together 2 good games in a row and he's suddenly the best QB ever...I mean...4 weeks ago Justin Herbert was crowned by the talking heads as the best...and he's not in the playoffs!  

I think Allen is great...he's an ELITE QB.  But...if the Bills lose....there will be some idiots in the media start to run with that narrative.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

She’s a great reporter. She asks extremely well thought out questions and usually gets the most out of the people she’s interviewing.  She’s respected around the league and was SORELY missed last week while we were stuck with TWO Patriot homers handling all the news.  

I really like Kim Jones. Always found her very professional

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

The only big difference right now between Mahomes and Allen is playoffs.  Both are clearly really good QB's.  I don't really think anyone accomplishes much debating which one is better.  If you want to tell me Allen is better....fine...he's better.  The part that matters is that both teams have the kind of QB that you believe can win a SB.  

The big factor here could be the pressure of getting a SB under your belt.  Andy Ried had that pressure himself a long time.  It's a big deal.  I think in Reid and Mahoems case...having won one, and having gone to back to back SB..KC doesn't have the pressure of having to prove they can win big playoff games or super bowls...they've done that already.  I think for guys like Marino back in the day...each passing season that you didn't get there or get a ring...made the next season or playoff game that much more intense because it's in your mind that you are expected to get it done...and it's that much worse when the team on the other sideline has gotten in done.  

Allen should have a very long and productive stint as an NFL QB...but it's these kind of games where you get it done or you start being labled in the same category is a Marino, where you are acknowledged as an elite, HOF type player, who just can't win the biggest games.  

Just something to think about.  

I’m on board with everything except the last part.  

People don’t start really start talking about that kind of thing in year 4.  Sure, it’s mentioned, but it’s not a real talking point.  The ONLY people that will start labeling him a loser if he doesn’t win this year are the same talking heads that didn’t like him from the get go.  He has time.  Boatloads of time. Just like the greatest QBs of all time. 

Peyton Manning won his first super bowl in his 10th season.  Brees won in year 9.  Favre 6,  Rodgers 7, Elway 15.  

15 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Allen is a 25 year old, elite, QB, who is literally in his second playoff season where he has a supporting team around him capable of reaching the Super Bowl. He is on the road facing another elite QB who is in his fourth year of having a SB caliber team around him, and has already won a SB.

I think it is, at best, a bit hyperbolic, and, at worst, idiotic to label Allen as a QB "who just can't win the biggest games" if he loses this game.

Just a poorly attempted dig on his part.  Transparent 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

The only big difference right now between Mahomes and Allen is playoffs.  Both are clearly really good QB's.  I don't really think anyone accomplishes much debating which one is better.  If you want to tell me Allen is better....fine...he's better.  The part that matters is that both teams have the kind of QB that you believe can win a SB.  

The big factor here could be the pressure of getting a SB under your belt.  Andy Ried had that pressure himself a long time.  It's a big deal.  I think in Reid and Mahoems case...having won one, and having gone to back to back SB..KC doesn't have the pressure of having to prove they can win big playoff games or super bowls...they've done that already.  I think for guys like Marino back in the day...each passing season that you didn't get there or get a ring...made the next season or playoff game that much more intense because it's in your mind that you are expected to get it done...and it's that much worse when the team on the other sideline has gotten in done.  

Allen should have a very long and productive stint as an NFL QB...but it's these kind of games where you get it done or you start being labled in the same category is a Marino, where you are acknowledged as an elite, HOF type player, who just can't win the biggest games.  

I think it's still very early in both players careers.  Tomorrows game is big for each from a legacy standpoint and Mahomes could increase his playoff performance over Allen or Allen could cut into that lead.  Either way though they're both just now wrapping up the first third of their careers.  There's a lot of playoff football in the future for both guys.

Win or lose tomorrow,  Allen has had a solid start to his playoff career going 3 - 2 with a QB rating over 100.  In any playoff comparison between Allen & Mahomes you can't ignore the fact that Mahomes came to a playoff caliber team and Allen was part of a Bills rebuild. That they're now both competing at the highest level of the AFC is amazing from a Bills perspective.

• Agree 3

35 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

This is the 1000th and 1 reason I've seen Chiefs fans give this week why the Bills will lose. 

I think you guys are scared and it's showing. 

Nobody knows what's going to happen, it could go either way. 

But the anxiety of Chiefs fans coming up with all these reasons to psych themselevs up into believing they're going to win is hilarious. 

I stopped perusing their board after reading this.

Originally Posted by DRM08 

It would not take much for Buffalo to win again. They don’t need flukey turnovers by KC. Just look at the Cincy game. Zero turnovers by KC and a loss. Refs helped Cincy in a few spots, but KC defense was also pretty terrible. Buffalo offense is good enough to win a shootout.

The defense was not terrible. Chase and Burrow were just fantastic.

Buffalo doesn't have a WR like Chase. Or Higgins for that matter. No, Diggs does not present the matchup issue that Chase did

What? The 1st team All Pro who led the league in receptions and yards last year is not on the level of Chase or Higgins for that matter. 😂😂

I thought I'd find some intelligent banter over there. Reading their posts lowered my IQ 30 points 

• Haha (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I think chiefs fans want that to be the case, but it isn’t. Allen is 25, signed a giant contract, is beloved in Buffalo, his HC and GM are locked up for years, he’s already elite and taken the Bills further than they’ve been in 30 years. He is the QB you can win a SB with - yet it’s not like this has to be the year or else, for him or McDermott. I don’t see some kind of intense pressure on either team . This team is loose.

I will say all the talk about the chiefs becoming a dynasty and winning the next 10 SBs or whatever after the first one because of Mahomes was a bit premature and probably put some pressure on mahomes. But they own the AFC until they don’t. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think chiefs fans want that to be the case, but it isn’t. Allen is 25, signed a giant contract, is beloved in Buffalo, his HC and GM are locked up for years, he’s already elite and taken the Bills further than they’ve been in 30 years. He is the QB you can win a SB with - yet it’s not like this has to be the year or else, for him or McDermott. I don’t see some kind of intense pressure on either team . This team is loose.

I agree. When you consider the scope of the Bills rebuild in 2018 they are way ahead of schedule. IMO this season is the equivalent of "1989" during the Bills Super Bowl run.  And if I'm right then this season Buffalo has alreday surpassed that 1989 Bills team.

I truly believe that whatever happens tomorrow the Bills time of dominating the AFC starts next season.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree. When you consider the scope of the Bills rebuild in 2018 they are way ahead of schedule. IMO this season is the equivalent of "1989" during the Bills Super Bowl run.  And if I'm right then this season Buffalo has alreday surpassed that 1989 Bills team.

I truly believe that whatever happens tomorrow the Bills time of dominating the AFC starts next season.

Peyton manning was 8 years in until he won a SB with the colts but everyone knew that it was coming because he was special. That’s how i feel about Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I really like Kim Jones. Always found her very professional

you know, all I said was she stumbles over words.  

How does that relate to me saying she is a horrible reporter. 

yea I did say a good reporter corrects their mistakes 

Unless she was reading a prompter or script that was wrong. Then the failure is theirs. 

12 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Next Season?

Wait are you saying goofy Joe Cool Burrow will take the Bungles to the SB?

5 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Unless she was reading a prompter or script that was wrong. Then the failure is theirs. 

Next Season?

No what I'm saying is that we begin dominating the AFC next season in a way we didn't this season even if we win the whole thing.  The reason we're not playing the Bengals at home today is because we didn't dominate the AFC this season.  This is part of the Bills growing process that began with the 2018 rebuild.  Next year there won't be any Jacksonville's or Pittsburgh's.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I will say all the talk about the chiefs becoming a dynasty and winning the next 10 SBs or whatever after the first one because of Mahomes was a bit premature and probably put some pressure on mahomes. But they own the AFC until they don’t. 

Winner Winner Win GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Buffalo doesn't have a WR like Chase. Or Higgins for that matter. No, Diggs does not present the matchup issue that Chase did

What? The 1st team All Pro who led the league in receptions and yards last year is not on the level of Chase or Higgins for that matter. 😂😂

I don't mind saying that I would take Chase over Diggs, even before taking age into account. He's been that good this year.

Holy crap!  I just scored 2 free tickets to the game tomorrow.  A friend in KC can’t go, so giving them to me and my sister.   I just booked a last minute flight for tomorrow morning!   We gonna be in section 108.   Too unreal!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 17

27 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Next Season?

She clearly made an error. Could have been the teleprompter? I do like her though.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Holy crap!  I just scored 2 free tickets to the game tomorrow.  A friend in KC can’t go, so giving them to me and my sister.   I just booked a last minute flight for tomorrow morning!   We gonna be in section 108.   Too unreal!!

Awesome - represent!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't mind saying that I would take Chase over Diggs, even before taking age into account. He's been that good this year.

When Chase averages over 1000 yards per season his first 7 years in the NFL I'll agree with you. Not saying it won't and can't  happen but until then, no. 

If you want to go by 1 year of production then I guess I have no argument. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

When Chase averages over 1000 yards per season his first 7 years in the NFL I'll agree with you. Not saying it won't and can't  happen but until then, no. 

If you want to go by 1 year of production then I guess I have no argument. 

I'm a big believer in explosive WRs. Diggs is probably the best route running WR in the league. Chase can catch a 5 yard slant and take it 50 yards to the house, and he's no slouch as a route runner. I'll take that skill set over Diggs, and I love Diggs.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.