Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

22 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think Josh has an extremely low floor.  If he’s having a poor game throwing the ball, he can just turn into Earl Campbell and dominate on the ground.  If one thing isn’t working, he has a plan B.  And his plan B is better than many QBs plan A.  

11-26- 120 yards 0 TDs 3 ints.  That would be a pretty low floor…...if he didn’t run 15-81- 2 TDs.  

we didn’t always use Josh in this way and tbh, we don’t really have to very often in the regular season.  There have been games where he was off and we didn’t call his number on the ground.  That’s not on Josh.  That’s on the coaching staff.  Those low floor games he’s had could’ve been different if Daboll had a different mind set that day.

josh’s lowest qbr (not my favorite stat, but a qb stat that actually includes rushing) this year was 15.8.  Not surprisingly, that was the patriot game played in the eye of a tornado.

mahomes’ lowest qbr was 7.6, vs the titans. 75 degrees- 5-13 mph winds.  

Mahomes has definitely been the more consistent qb, maybe ever, but when you’re talking about having a “really low floor” Josh Allen isn’t a name you should utter.  He can dominate a game even if he’s having a terrible day throwing the ball.

The best dual threat qb ever.  Eeevvvvver.  And it’s not really even close.  He has the ability to be a top 5 passer ever and a top 5 rushing qb ever.  Not crazy to say he could be #1 in both categories when his career is over.  No qb ever has had that opportunity 

The whole ‘up and down’ thing has been put to bed for everyone except casual NFL fans. It’s garbage.

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Both teams’ defenses think they are a lot better than they are.  Neither can handle the other’s offense. This is going to be a shoot-out of epic proportions. 

Probably but I see the "shootout" hype many times end up being like a 20-13 game or just one team blows out the other.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

In order for the Bills to win, the way I see it:

1) Offensive protection has to hold up enough time for Allen to get the ball out.

2) The Wideouts will be pressed very physically and they have to quickly disengage and get some separation.  AFC championship game they were unable to  do so

3) Daboll has to call a bunch short routes, slants and outs to counter the blitz

4) Allen will need to make quick passes Singletary and settle for the 1st down 5-8 yarders

5) Josh will need to run the ball 10+ times and escape the blitz and punish them (see Bucs game)

6) McKenzie should be used for the edge runs 

7) Singletary will need to rush for 70+ yards

8 ) Employ a similar defensive strategy of the two high safety with a few wrinkles.  Make them earn every yard and not allow many chunk yardage plays.  This is when KC is at their best offensively.

9) The front 4 has to rush Mahomes with controlled chaos, don’t let him roll out often and try to keep him in the pocket.

10). Front four should work extra hard in getting batted passes, specially against their short to mid passes, which is what I believe KC will be throwing more often than not.

11). Last but not least, Josh has to ball out.   He balls out and the Bills very likely win.

If we do this we win

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Mooch and Kurt Warner were just comparing Mahomes and Allen. 

Mooch says of Josh, "he doesn't throw side armed or no look passes but..." as they show a highlight of Josh throwing a side armed no look TD. 

Do they even watch games?

apparently not.  

I’m perty sure I’ve seen a sidearm near every game this past month 

(pretty is misspelled on porpoise)

• Like (+1) 1

The only big difference right now between Mahomes and Allen is playoffs.  Both are clearly really good QB's.  I don't really think anyone accomplishes much debating which one is better.  If you want to tell me Allen is better....fine...he's better.  The part that matters is that both teams have the kind of QB that you believe can win a SB.  

The big factor here could be the pressure of getting a SB under your belt.  Andy Ried had that pressure himself a long time.  It's a big deal.  I think in Reid and Mahoems case...having won one, and having gone to back to back SB..KC doesn't have the pressure of having to prove they can win big playoff games or super bowls...they've done that already.  I think for guys like Marino back in the day...each passing season that you didn't get there or get a ring...made the next season or playoff game that much more intense because it's in your mind that you are expected to get it done...and it's that much worse when the team on the other sideline has gotten in done.  

Allen should have a very long and productive stint as an NFL QB...but it's these kind of games where you get it done or you start being labled in the same category is a Marino, where you are acknowledged as an elite, HOF type player, who just can't win the biggest games.  

Just something to think about.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

The only big difference right now between Mahomes and Allen is playoffs.  Both are clearly really good QB's.  I don't really think anyone accomplishes much debating which one is better.  If you want to tell me Allen is better....fine...he's better.  The part that matters is that both teams have the kind of QB that you believe can win a SB.  

The big factor here could be the pressure of getting a SB under your belt.  Andy Ried had that pressure himself a long time.  It's a big deal.  I think in Reid and Mahoems case...having won one, and having gone to back to back SB..KC doesn't have the pressure of having to prove they can win big playoff games or super bowls...they've done that already.  I think for guys like Marino back in the day...each passing season that you didn't get there or get a ring...made the next season or playoff game that much more intense because it's in your mind that you are expected to get it done...and it's that much worse when the team on the other sideline has gotten in done.  

Allen should have a very long and productive stint as an NFL QB...but it's these kind of games where you get it done or you start being labled in the same category is a Marino, where you are acknowledged as an elite, HOF type player, who just can't win the biggest games.  

This is the 1000th and 1 reason I've seen Chiefs fans give this week why the Bills will lose. 

I think you guys are scared and it's showing. 

Nobody knows what's going to happen, it could go either way. 

But the anxiety of Chiefs fans coming up with all these reasons to psych themselevs up into believing they're going to win is hilarious. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Yep. Like the Bills in 3 more Super Bowls in the 90s. More pressure and talk of choking each time.

The Bills have already been to the AFCCG too, though. This is a quality opponent, but it isn't "the biggest game."

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

ummm.  
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/1/22/22895312/this-is-the-game-that-will-truly-separate-patrick-mahomes-from-everyone-else

Dynasty.  🤔 
Seems the priorities may be focused on the wrong thing 

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yep. Like the Bills in 3 more Super Bowls in the 90s. More pressure and talk of choking each time.

The Bills have already been to the AFCCG too, though. This is a quality opponent, but it isn't "the biggest game."

Yup. 

its a BIG game, an Important game.  The Biggest game is the SB 

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

This is the 1000th and 1 reason I've seen Chiefs fans give this why the Bills will lose. 

I think you guys are scared and it's showing. 

Nobody knows what's going to happen, it could go either way. 

But the anxiety of Chiefs fans coming up with all these reasons to psych themselevs up into believing they're going to win is hilarious. 

Yep. Chiefs fans are like the sore ex-girlfriend you dated for a week, but sends you texts trying to win you back that make it sound like you were madly in love. "Cherish this.... don't throw away what we have.... this could be the most important decision of your life...."

B word, please.

6 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Allen is a 25 year old, elite, QB, who is literally in his second playoff season where he has a supporting team around him capable of reaching the Super Bowl. He is on the road facing another elite QB who is in his fourth year of having a SB caliber team around him, and has already won a SB.

I think it is, at best, a bit hyperbolic, and, at worst, idiotic to label Allen as a QB "who just can't win the biggest games" if he loses this game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.