Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

46 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I get so tiiiiiirre hearing Chiefs fans say they’re a totally different team from earlier in the season but will then mention in the same breath how the Bills lost to the Jaguars. How many weeks ago was that? They add Chris Jones and Melvin Ingram this time, but subtract Rashad Fenton. We add Harrison Phillips and Matt Milano, but subtract Tre White. Given the Chiefs inconsistencies all year, most recently against the Broncos, despite what their fans want to believe, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bills go into Arrowhead and again win by double digits. I’m going with a score of 30-21 though, in a game that feels like it should’ve been a bigger Bills victory.

I keep reading cheifs fans on Twitter saying how the cheifs are getting no respect. Like really? National media has done nothing but slob all over the cheifs for the last 2 or 3 years. Now the bills are getting attention and cheifs fans are all butt hurt about it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I keep reading cheifs fans on Twitter saying how the cheifs are getting no respect. Like really? National media has done nothing but slob all over the cheifs for the last 2 or 3 years. Now the bills are getting attention and cheifs fans are all butt hurt about it. 

There's plenty out there for both teams/fanbases to feel slighted/disrespected in this one.

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

This game depends entirely on coach McDermott. If he coaches like a coward idiot and playing not to lose, then we lose.

If I see a Bills first punt on the opponent's side of the field with a yard or less to get the 1st down? I might as well turn the TV off.

Will you stop posting then too?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

To be fair…..they’re saying that they’re CURRENTLY not getting any respect.  They ain’t lying.  Sure, some are picking the chiefs, but I see way more bills love so far regarding THIS game. The last 2 or 3 years has nothing to do with what your whining about.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

272625157_513475543455261_94293415322628

Love that!  

You know the team is motivated for this game...  it feels like the entire season from training camp to today has been preparing to play the Chiefs in Arrowhead in the playoffs.   I really hope they can pull it out.

Its a bit ridiculous looking at all the offensive stats..just how close these 2 teams are.   Which is why, in my mind, the game comes down to which defense can force the most stops or turnovers. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

Is arm angle a real metric a scout uses? This seems ridiculous. Like a pitcher, it doesn’t matter how you throw it as long as it goes where you intended and the batter gets fooled.

it doesn't matter with a clean pocket but matters when you're getting pressured.  if you have a rubber arm that can get the pass off at different angles to avoid defenders and find new passing lanes, it helps.  

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

How the heck does Kim Jones keep her job.  

besides constantly stumbling over words she just said (read the prompter?) that Josh had 4 interceptions last weekend 

Kim Jones is very good at her job. She comes across as genuine and intelligent as opposed to so many of the sports personalities that are shoved down our throats now. In a profession that includes the likes of Steve Smith, Michael Vick, Terry Bradshaw, Rachel Bonnetta, etc., I think her delivery and  knowledge is more than acceptable. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

On 1/21/2022 at 11:29 AM, mahkc said:

Same can be said for this board.  You guys are not lacking in confidence either.  Should be a good one.

Hey mankc!  Welcome to the board.  🙂

It should be a great game.  I wish it was the AFC Championship game.  There are definitely some posters here who think the Bills will win, but there is nothing here like this thread on the Chiefs Planet website.  https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341995  There is some really ugly stuff in that thread.  I had registered on the Chiefs Planet website this week to post some messages there about the game.  After reading that thread I reconsidered.  

Let's hope it's a great game that comes down to the wire, no injuries. and no officiating nonsense.   May the best team win.

🍻

In order for the Bills to win, the way I see it:

1) Offensive protection has to hold up enough time for Allen to get the ball out.

2) The Wideouts will be pressed very physically and they have to quickly disengage and get some separation.  AFC championship game they were unable to  do so

3) Daboll has to call a bunch short routes, slants and outs to counter the blitz

4) Allen will need to make quick passes Singletary and settle for the 1st down 5-8 yarders

5) Josh will need to run the ball 10+ times and escape the blitz and punish them (see Bucs game)

6) McKenzie should be used for the edge runs 

7) Singletary will need to rush for 70+ yards

8 ) Employ a similar defensive strategy of the two high safety with a few wrinkles.  Make them earn every yard and not allow many chunk yardage plays.  This is when KC is at their best offensively.

9) The front 4 has to rush Mahomes with controlled chaos, don’t let him roll out often and try to keep him in the pocket.

10). Front four should work extra hard in getting batted passes, specially against their short to mid passes, which is what I believe KC will be throwing more often than not.

11). Last but not least, Josh has to ball out.   He balls out and the Bills very likely win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Again I think the majority of the Chiefs think that as a overall team the Bills are better.

Most Chiefs fans would rather face any other team than the Bills. 

The Key at the end of the day is how Allen plays, I think most fans would agree or at least somewhat agree he has a really low floor but a crazy high ceiling for game to game. 

Mahomes bad games are usually not awful and when he has a down game its typically against a good defense.  

My prediction is if Allen is on, 42-31 Bills

If Allen is so/so I think its a coinflip

If Allen is off I think 31-21 Chiefs

You guys have a really good team this year and hope for a great game! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, synthesis2 said:

Again I think the majority of the Chiefs think that as a overall team the Bills are better.

The Key at the end of the day is how Allen plays, I think most fans would agree or at least somewhat agree he has a really low floor but a crazy high ceiling for game to game. 

Mahomes bad games are usually not awful and when he has a down game its typically against a good defense.  

I really expect both Mahomes and Allen to be on their game tomorrow night.  I think it might come down to which defense is able to make a play.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Magox said:

In order for the Bills to win, the way I see it:

1) Offensive protection has to hold up enough time for Allen to get the ball out.

2) The Wideouts will be pressed very physically and they have to quickly disengage and get some separation.  AFC championship game they were unable to  do so

3) Daboll has to call a bunch short routes, slants and outs to counter the blitz

4) Allen will need to make quick passes Singletary and settle for the 1st down 5-8 yarders

5) Josh will need to run the ball 10+ times and escape the blitz and punish them (see Bucs game)

6) McKenzie should be used for the edge runs 

7) Singletary will need to rush for 70+ yards

8 ) Employ a similar defensive strategy of the two high safety with a few wrinkles.  Make them earn every yard and not allow many chunk yardage plays.  This is when KC is at their best offensively.

9) The front 4 has to rush Mahomes with controlled chaos, don’t let him roll out often and try to keep him in the pocket.

10). Front four should work extra hard in getting batted passes, specially against their short to mid passes, which is what I believe KC will be throwing more often than not.

11). Last but not least, Josh has to ball out.   He balls out and the Bills very likely win.

If 6&7 are met with some success, we win

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, synthesis2 said:

I don’t think Josh has an extremely low floor.  If he’s having a poor game throwing the ball, he can just turn into Earl Campbell and dominate on the ground.  If one thing isn’t working, he has a plan B.  And his plan B is better than many QBs plan A.  

11-26- 120 yards 0 TDs 3 ints.  That would be a pretty low floor…...if he didn’t run 15-81- 2 TDs.  

we didn’t always use Josh in this way and tbh, we don’t really have to very often in the regular season.  There have been games where he was off and we didn’t call his number on the ground.  That’s not on Josh.  That’s on the coaching staff.  Those low floor games he’s had could’ve been different if Daboll had a different mind set that day.

josh’s lowest qbr (not my favorite stat, but a qb stat that actually includes rushing) this year was 15.8.  Not surprisingly, that was the patriot game played in the eye of a tornado.

mahomes’ lowest qbr was 7.6, vs the titans. 75 degrees- 5-13 mph winds.  

Mahomes has definitely been the more consistent qb, maybe ever, but when you’re talking about having a “really low floor” Josh Allen isn’t a name you should utter.  He can dominate a game even if he’s having a terrible day throwing the ball.

The best dual threat qb ever.  Eeevvvvver.  And it’s not really even close.  He has the ability to be a top 5 passer ever and a top 5 rushing qb ever.  Not crazy to say he could be #1 in both categories when his career is over.  No qb ever has had that opportunity 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Regarding tomorrow, imo:

coaching = the key.  Other than coaching 

Keeping Mahomes in the pocket is the key to our success on D.  Containment and discipline along the DL is paramount.  A couple breakdowns in that regard could cost us the game.  

Our OL is the key to our success on O.  Period.  They succeed, we succeed.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.