Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

4 minutes ago, wjag said:

My Thursday thoughts:

1.  I think I have reached my personal saturation point of talking heads, youtube videos and outside prognostications.

2. I truly believe no one in America knows how this game will go.  Every scenario seems possible.

3. Is it just me, or do you sense a shift of ex-New England players siding with Buffalo?  It's almost as if, well if they did that to us, they must be great.

4. I finally rewatched the game yesterday.  It didn't come close to the euphoria I felt while it was happening live.  

5. I have a neon, red-white and blue sign with the Bills logo.  I have it in my bay window for all my neighbors to see.  It's on 24/7 these days.  I live on a corner lot, so I naturally see and talk to my neighbors a lot when they are on their walks.  Everyone in this Ravens neighborhood knows we are Bills fans.  There is evidence everywhere.  Magnets on cars, flags flying.  I light my backyard up in red-white and blue for all to see.

6. I think it's time for Poyer to match the game changing play of Micah from last weekend.  I'll go with a strip sack fumble that results in a TD.

7. We all know Josh is changing the national narrative with his play.  But for him to truly be on par with 15, he has to take him down on the biggest of stages.  Loser go home, winner goes on.  

8. I'm taking Tennessee in a romp against the Bengals.  I think the Bengals DLine is too thin at the moment.

9. I'm taking Green Bay over San Fran.  Warner and Bosa being hurt is a significant deficit to overcome against a top-tier QB1.

10. As well as the Rams played last weekend on Defense, they were not facing the dink and dunk GOAT.  Best way to neutralize the LA speed is to short pass them to death.  And as soon as they start creeping up to the line, then unleash the Gronk downfield.  The same formula that has worked forever with TB12.

I had the same experience on the rewatch. When you know the result, the dramatic achievement of the moment which decides how an event will play out is necessarily missing. Euphoria is the joy of victory. You just can't replicate that. I did note that Josh's last incompletion was early in the 2nd qtr. Our ability to run really dictated that game as much as the superlative passing game. They fed off each other and it truly makes the offense close to unstoppable. Avoid turnovers and you win.

I think it will be a interesting game. 

As a huge Chiefs fan this is how I think it will break down ( no one really knows but my thoughts..) 

Bills are a momentum team, not every game but the majority of your games when you smell blood your team just stomps on the team and put them out of their misery. Allen seems to play really well when he is up or not feeling much pressure in a game. When he sees the defense is on (which is usually is) then he plays great. Seems like when he gets nervous he starts to press, when he presses he does not play well. Your ups and downs are much more dramatic, doing what you did to the Pats last week, absolutely amazing, then losing early in the year to the Jags, not so good. 

The Chiefs have not lost to any bad teams, especially when you talk about when we played them, obviously the Bills, but playing the Ravens with most of their good players including Lamar, Cinci, titans, and the Chargers, all of these teams are Playoff teams ( except the chargers but should of been easily if it wasn't for their coach ) so we haven't have any bad loses to bad teams. Meaning the Chiefs haven't lost to bad teams this year. 

Seems like its really going to come down to momentum. If the Bills get it early and say you get up by 10 or more in the first half, the game will probably be over. I think who gets up early and gets momentum wins. I'm hoping for a Chiefs win but have a very bad feeling about it, I put $100 on the Bills to win straight up to hedge my feelings/money... LOL Good luck boys! 

I know everyone is bemoaning the fact that for a play here or there, we’d have the 1 seed but idk I think we are right where we are supposed to be.

Those mistakes/frustrations are what causes a team to overcome adversity. I’m not so sure this team is playing with the same fire and chip if they don’t go through that. Embarrassed by the Jags and first Pats* game, slipping against TN, Josh and the entire D getting snubbed by the pro bowl, etc. Incidentally, I like the pro-bowl snubs because 1) we know it’s total BS and 2) This team is PISSED and that’s part of it. Hughes was PISSED after that Pats* beat down. 

Love people referring to Josh as Pro-Bowl alternate Josh Allen hahah. Everyone knows it’s BS but you can bet he took that to heart.

We are peaking at the right time with a team that’s playing with an edge. That’s how you go to the Super Bowl. I like our chances.

• Like (+1) 2

If Buffalo is winning a Superbowl.  It always was them beating KC in KC to achieve it.  They are the Boogey men in the NFL.  Buffalo goes to KC and out Mahomes at Mahomes.  Its like a Jordan Bulls vs Bad boy Pistons type feel for me.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

My Thursday thoughts:

1.  I think I have reached my personal saturation point of talking heads, youtube videos and outside prognostications.

2. I truly believe no one in America knows how this game will go.  Every scenario seems possible.

3. Is it just me, or do you sense a shift of ex-New England players siding with Buffalo?  It's almost as if, well if they did that to us, they must be great.

4. I finally rewatched the game yesterday.  It didn't come close to the euphoria I felt while it was happening live.  

5. I have a neon, red-white and blue sign with the Bills logo.  I have it in my bay window for all my neighbors to see.  It's on 24/7 these days.  I live on a corner lot, so I naturally see and talk to my neighbors a lot when they are on their walks.  Everyone in this Ravens neighborhood knows we are Bills fans.  There is evidence everywhere.  Magnets on cars, flags flying.  I light my backyard up in red-white and blue for all to see.

6. I think it's time for Poyer to match the game changing play of Micah from last weekend.  I'll go with a strip sack fumble that results in a TD.

7. We all know Josh is changing the national narrative with his play.  But for him to truly be on par with 15, he has to take him down on the biggest of stages.  Loser go home, winner goes on.  

8. I'm taking Tennessee in a romp against the Bengals.  I think the Bengals DLine is too thin at the moment.

9. I'm taking Green Bay over San Fran.  Warner and Bosa being hurt is a significant deficit to overcome against a top-tier QB1.

10. As well as the Rams played last weekend on Defense, they were not facing the dink and dunk GOAT.  Best way to neutralize the LA speed is to short pass them to death.  And as soon as they start creeping up to the line, then unleash the Gronk downfield.  The same formula that has worked forever with TB12.

I too have reached my personal saturation point of talking heads, youtube videos and outside.   No idea how this game is going to go and I won’t judge an entire season/ performance of a player based on this game no matter who comes out victorious.  I do hope the Bills get those bounces but no one knows.    I just hope.  

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And I remember Mahomes running for his life in the SuperBowl.  Would like to see some of that again.

Me too. I don't think the Bills have the players to achieve what Tampa did. The Steelers with Watt weren't able to slow them down. Additionally, the Chiefs Oline is upgraded from last years team. I think the Bill's best chance is to prevent them from getting tds and force field goals. This game with the loss of Tre will be felt. I don't believe the Bill's defense will effectively stop the Chiefs and Mahomes. The Bills offense will have to outscore the Chiefs. The Bills need a spectacular Allen performance. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Agree 1

It’s funny how so many Chiefs fans are trying to convince themselves that the Bills defense isn’t good.   Seems to me that they are pretty concerned and looking for a reason to rationalize why the Bills aren’t as good as they really are:

To his point…there’s an element of truth there.  The Bills were fortunate to play some bad QB’s but they dominated them.  

These are such stupid takes by stupid people.  Who are these teams that only play playoff teams and Pro Bowl qbs.  Its the NFL you play elite teams and not elite teams.  Beat the teams you should, split the rest and you make the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

It’s funny how so many Chiefs fans are trying to convince themselves that the Bills defense isn’t good.   Seems to me that they are pretty concerned and looking for a reason to rationalize why the Bills aren’t as good as they really are:

To his point…there’s an element of truth there.  The Bills were fortunate to play some bad QB’s but they dominated them.  

The Bills also played a good chunk of these teams in bad weather. There is no doubt that Buffalo's defense is overrated. Most advanced models that you see aren't going to account for the fact that the Bills played backup QBs or in horrific weather like the first Bills-Pats game. That said, you can still be a very good defense while being overrated, and the Bills are a very good defense. If you put the other 30 teams up against the Jets in Week 18, same exact weather and situation, no other team would have tied the Jets down as well as Buffalo did. 

Also, if Buffalo's defense is overrated in part due to weather, then the reverse is surely to be true: Buffalo's offense is underrated. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

They forgot Mahomes...WIN.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.