Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

50 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Okay I will say it here, as people seem to not be concerned, I am about the defense vs. elite QB's.  Yes the Bills annihilated the Pats, but NE moved the ball, again converted too many 3rd downs & when not were 4-4 on 4th.

This week is Mahomes & not Jones. 

I agree 100%. If people aren't concerned about Mahomes and the Chiefs offense then they're totally out to lunch. Our defense is a juggernaut but we haven't played a QB this good  since Tampa in early December and Brady threw for almost 400 yards.

Edited by Rampage

30 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

The athletics pics:

SmartSelect_20220119-104834_The Athletic.jpg

Very few media and talking heads will pick the Bills in this game for obvious reasons.

But still think it's silly to underestimate how motivated the Chiefs are going to be to seize this opportunity and take care of business at home since they earned that right unlike the Bills. They also heard all the talk last year about the Bills and Allen and made sure to point that out after dunking on them in the AFCCG and will be looking to do the same again on Sunday.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

Timing is everything.  We got KC early in the season when they were busy smelling their own farts and kicked the crap out of them.

Now we're getting them in the Division round with 18 games worth of tape.  And this game has been circled since last year.  My guess is there's a big, fat file at the Director of Football Research & Strategy's office labeled Kansas City* that's subject to weekly updates.  

*Yes, we have a Director of Football Research & Strategy.  His name is Dennis Lock. I don't know if he's related to Ernie Adams, but he's just as shadowy.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, CaliBills said:

But also when did those happen? Was it the last drive they had for a TD?  where we had backups in all over the defense... because I remember the score being 47-10 in my drunken happiness before backups were put in on Defense.  

I know half of the 4th down conversions were on their final drive with bills backups in as well as 2 3rd down conversions.    So context is needed.

Not saying that your point of facing Mahomes vs Jones is not relevant because we know it is.  Completely better offense and QB than the Pats.  

But saying the Pats were successful on 3rd down (7-14) and 4th down (4-4) when those stats would most likely be different in the first team Defense played on the final drive.

Again they beat the Pats top to bottom and this has been the case a # of times this season.  But let's look at the Pats first drive, where they moved the ball and converted.  Hyde made a great int.  Next drive they were stopped just short of a first down and punted 4th & inches (KC will go for it his week I promise).  Next they did get a sack and then a penalty and still on 3rd down allowed the 13 yard play.  Finally came their FG. 

Tipped ball Int, TD, Punt, TD......  Yes maybe lax on D, but again I'll point out this year outside beating Mahomes, Tannehill moved the ball, Brady moved the ball and Indy too.....  Beating back-ups doesn't tell me a lot.  

Granted if the D plays better then KC's D, the Bills will win (and heck that maybe 42-38)......😜

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

We've seen them fail to get to the Super Bowl using this exact same strategy for like 5 years.

have they ever hosted an AFCCG?  i agree that we're underestimating a Titans team that's getting healthy at the right time

much prefer the bengals win that game

Edited by harryS

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Very few media and talking heads will pick the Bills in this game for obvious reasons.

But still think it's silly to underestimate how motivated the Chiefs are going to be to seize this opportunity and take care of business at home since they earned that right unlike the Bills. They also heard all the talk last year about the Bills and Allen and made sure to point that out after dunking on them in the AFCCG and will be looking to do the same again on Sunday.

I posted a disagree reaction because these obvious reasons, while valid being the chiefs are at home and their offense is potent, we'll see. . The pundits just may surprise you.....and as far as their opinions anyway pfft. I recall #17 being very motivated after the away game at faaxbarrah this year saying "who th **** did they think I was"...this could aptly apply in this game ...if he is underestimated Id say pundits #17 is only ONE player..this roster is Loaded.

Shock the world Buffalo!~!~!!!!!

m

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Okay I will say it here, as people seem to not be concerned, I am about the defense vs. elite QB's.  Yes the Bills annihilated the Pats, but NE moved the ball, again converted too many 3rd downs & when not were 4-4 on 4th.

This week is Mahomes & not Jones. 

10 points against our starting defense.

50% on third down which includes the drive against our backup defense.

2 of those 4th downs was against our backup defense.

Obviously the game will be tougher against Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce.  Everyone knows this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.