Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Last time I checked KC is the favorite in this game.

Also the Bills have not won a road playoff game in nearly 30 years and one more ominous stat....Andy Reid has never lost a rematch in the playoffs to a team he lost to in the regular season.

Nowhere am I'm saying the bills can't or won't win this game (yet) but go check out a Chiefs forum or social media and you'll be hard pressed to find a single fan that believes they are going to lose this game.

you realize this is irrelevant?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Chiefs fans, like ours, are rightfully confident going into Sunday night. But, why should we care what Chiefs fans are saying? What is your point in coming onto the forum and spouting negative BS? why should we care what you are saying?

I’m really not sure why I’m even responding to you. Back to your regular scheduled programming. 

Nothing negative, just being realistic here.

Again, I'm not saying the Bills aren't going to win but one absurdly good performance in the playoffs against a rookie QB doesn't entitle this team to the Lombardi trophy especially when the next opponent already has one and has been to two straight SB's.

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

you realize this is irrelevant?

It's actually quite relevant and the next demon this franchise needs to exorcise, specifically Allen and McDermott.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Not as nervous about this match up with KC as I have been for the previous few...I fully believe this 2021 Bills team is more balanced, more talented, more experienced, and healthier than the 2020 version that lost in last year's AFC Championship Game.

This team has paid its dues and remembers the sting from that loss last season...they're ready.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

There's no "hopefully." That's what I'm saying. It's happening or it's not and the Bills are prepared this time.

There was a period this season where Diggs esp and some of the other receivers were showing frustration about getting held/bumped to the point where sometimes they seemed more interested on complaining and trying to get a flag (sometimes giving up on routes while the ball was still in the air) than just playing through the contact - haven't seen it as much lately - hopefully that is an emphasis this week  

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Nothing negative, just being realistic here.

Again, I'm not saying the Bills aren't going to win but one absurdly good performance in the playoffs against a rookie QB doesn't entitle this team to the Lombardi trophy especially when the next opponent already has one and has been to two straight SB's.

It's actually quite relevant and the next demon this franchise needs to exorcise, specifically Allen and McDermott.

Just being realistic is habitual rhetoric of the troll kind. You do know that the Bills were picked before the year as one of the teams with a good chance to make the SB because of past performance, so clearly this is not based solely on demolishing NE, or the current five game winning streak, or Josh Allen being a special qb, or the run game showing up with consistency, or the absurd amount of time and clean pockets Josh had to throw from against a solid Pats*D or the stats regarding how often the #1 scoring defense makes it to the SB or that the Bills are the only team in the playoffs that is top five offense and defense, etc. And of course, your little sophistries don't bear scrutiny. When you say the Bills haven't won a road playoff game in thirty years, one has to remember the 25 years of drought, so it's a small sample size, rather than the implied power of 30 as if they have failed again and again. The only demon that needs to be exorcized here is a certain poster whose honesty is deeply dishonest.

Sorry Milton W. Couldn't help myself. I'm now going to say three Hail Mary's and lay on a bed of nails.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Just being realistic is habitual rhetoric of the troll kind. You do know that the Bills were picked before the year as one of the teams with a good chance to make the SB because of past performance, so clearly this is not based solely on demolishing NE, or the current five game winning streak, or Josh Allen being a special qb, or the run game showing up with consistency, or the absurd amount of time and clean pockets Josh had to throw from against a solid Pats*D or the stats regarding how often the #1 scoring defense makes it to the SB or that the Bills are the only team in the playoffs that is top five offense and defense, etc. And of course, you're little sophistries don't bear scrutiny. When you say the Bills haven't won a road playoff game in thirty years, one has to remember the 25 years of drought, so it's a small sample size, rather than the implied power of 30 as if they have failed again and again. The only demon that needs to be exorcized here is a certain poster whose honesty is deeply dishonest.

Sorry Milton W. Couldn't help myself. I'm now going to say three Hail Mary's and lay on a bed of nails.

I specifically a posted a thread last week ago some of the national media picking the Bills to make the SB (and one winning it).

Nowhere am I denying the Bills being a legit contender right now despite their up and down regular season.

All I'm pointing out is that there is still a certain team in KC who is on their own mission to climb the pinnacle of the NFL and be the next great dynasty and we have to not only beat them, but do it in their house to bring that discussion to an abrupt halt. And until the Bills prove they can truly do this there are many fans that are still going to be skeptical (even if some arent' outwardly admitting like myself).

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Also the Bills have not won a road playoff game in nearly 30 years and one more ominous stat....Andy Reid has never lost a rematch in the playoffs to a team he lost to in the regular season.

Nowhere am I'm saying the bills can't or won't win this game (yet) but go check out a Chiefs forum or social media and you'll be hard pressed to find a single fan that believes they are going to lose this game.

You are, in fact, the most tiresome troll currently active on this board as you have been in the past under previous iterations of your persona.  I will never understand what perverse pleasure people like you get from this behavior but I will not feed it by taking anything you post seriously.  I will continue to point out that you are a troll, and continue to hope that others will simply ignore your trolling.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

FWIW, my cousins are half Oglala Lakota (Sioux). They didn’t like the term redskin, but were fine with Braves and Chiefs. 

Exactly...I can easily see "redskin" being offensive but Chiefs/braves I don't get how those would be. Not that it matters but I also have a little Cherokee in my blood, I haven't heard anything about Chiefs having to change name anywhere due to being offensive unless I missed it (which is very possible), except the post in this thread mentioning it. 

45 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Agree to disagree but it you think dropping in coverage with the likes of Jackson and Wallace is going to stop Mahomes and the Chiefs from doing whatever they want that not sure what to tell you.

And speaking of Pittsburgh, we don't have anything close to a Watt or Hayward on our defensive line. Yes our rotational methodology has played better in recent weeks but it speaks volumes of how good Mahomes and KC's offense is in that they struggled early and turned the ball over several times yet still went on a 35-0 tear against the Steelers defense in  less than a quarter worth of game time.

In the back of mind I'm very concerned that they will do something similar to the Bills because that's exactly what happened in the AFCCG last year despite the Bills taking a 9-0 lead KC scored 3 consecutive TD's at will in the 2nd quarter and that was essentially the game.

But again, it goes back to Allen and this offense looking drastically different than they did last year in the AFCCG and scoring TD's pretty much every drive to keep pace and have a shot to keep the game close and steal it in the 4th quarter.

You said the Bills D will need to "take a lot of chances" and you are 100% wrong.  That is not at all how the Bills defense plays; it's not how they played the Chefs in October and it won't be how they play them Sunday night.

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Aren't they favored by like 2or 3? Nothing to bother even mentioning. As for Bills not winning a road playoff game in 30 years, they also didn't win back to back Division titles in 30 years. Also made AFCCG last season for 1st time in how long?? Yeah you get where I'm going with this. You can do better dude

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Aren't they favored by like 2or 3? Nothing to bother even mentioning. As for Bills not winning a road playoff game in 30 years, they also didn't win back to back Division titles in 30 years. Also made AFCCG last season for 1st time in how long?? Yeah you get where I'm going with this. You can do better dude

Chiefs are favored but the small point spread means Vegas knows these teams are essentially dead even, but that's where home field usually matters.

And yes, since this current team continues to buck trends why not win a road playoff game? And quite frankly it's not so much about 30 years in that McDermott and Allen have yet to do it which is of most relevance here.

15 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This entire defensive line rotation we’ve been rolling with was literally only implemented to slow down mahomes enough to win this game.  I think we’re taking this one too.  Put us at a bit of a disadvantage against power run teams as we have speed and not that much size but we are built to win this one. 

I was reminded while re-watching the last game how often the DL changes throughout the game - not just different combinations, but also different guys lining up all over the place and coming from all different positions.  Throughout the game all different bodies just coming in waves from everywhere - it's awesome to see.  It is what McD has always preached and it seems totally dialed in right now

One other thing - people have talked about Rousseau holding the edge, but I remember watching highlights after he was drafted and the thing that really stuck out was how he tracked guys scrambling and moving around even while being blocked - never lost sight of the QB and had a knack for breaking free and closing on the moving target and getting him down with his length and effort and closing speed.  It hasn't been a huge part of his game this year - but I have no doubt the utility of that skill against a scrambling Mahomes was a huge reason he was drafted  

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Past games are not predictors of future games.

You have been pretty down on the Bills for weeks and weeks, and they continue to prove you wrong over and over.

Maybe you should relax and just see how the game goes. Wringing your hands and worrying so much can't be healthy.

This is a game between two AFC powerhouses. Anything can happen. The Bills or the Chiefs could blow the other team out. Or it could be a shootout. Or it could be a defensive struggle. We just have to wait and see.

Try to appreciate this era of Bills football a little. Win or lose, this is a good Bills team that will be contending for the foreseeable future at least. We have an elite QB and a good coaching staff and front office for the first time in decades. It's awesome.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

43 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

You should hang out on those forums more…Much more…Maybe they will appreciate your posts because nobody on this board does. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Chiefs are favored but the small point spread means Vegas knows these teams are essentially dead even, but that's where home field usually matters.

And yes, since this current team continues to buck trends why not win a road playoff game? And quite frankly it's not so much about 30 years in that McDermott and Allen have yet to do it which is of most relevance here.

2 games does not a trend make.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Past games are not predictors of future games.

You have been pretty down on the Bills for weeks and weeks, and they continue to prove you wrong over and over.

Maybe you should relax and just see how the game goes. Wringing your hands and worrying so much can't be healthy.

This is a game between two AFC powerhouses. Anything can happen. The Bills or the Chiefs could blow the other team out. Or it could be a shootout. Or it could be a defensive struggle. We just have to wait and see.

Try to appreciate this era of Bills football a little. Win or lose, this is a good Bills team that will be contending for the foreseeable future at least. We have an elite QB and a good coaching staff and front office for the first time in decades. It's awesome.

Believe me I'm peace with whatever this team does, they've had a good run these last 5 years but obviously like most I'm greedy and want more. Anxiety is sky high but I'm sure most fans feel that way right now.

But at the end of the day I picked this team to go 12-5 and lose in the divisional round and hoping those expectations are exceeded. If they aren't I'm not going to rub it in anyones face and say "I told you so" like some here seem to think is the case. I'll get over the disappointment, move on and look forward to what this team does in the offseason to take the next step if that's the case.

• Vomit 2

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

I was on Chiefsplanet and saw plenty who are scared sh!tless about the Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.