Divisional Round: Buffalo at KC Sunday at 6:30

Process

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Everyone knows the Bills defense is very good but the metrics are misleading for a number of reasons, specially the amount of rookie/backup QB's this team has faced through the course of the year.

Conversely you can say the same about the Chiefs as well considering how they stacked good games in the 2nd half of the season against a lot of poor matchups.

But at end of the day, anyone expecting the Bills defense to come close to replicating what they did in October or last week is kidding themselves. Wallace and Jackson are going to get picked and exposed big time like they did against Brady and the Bucs but the question is whether or not Allen and the offense can come close to having the performance they did against Patriots on the road against a much different team and QB.

You love DVOA . Of course you only bring it up when it suits you... Bills defense ranks #1 in total DVOA and #1 in passing DVOA.  Now go climb back in your hole troll.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Darn it, Appoo, you forced me into a stat I wanted to save, but here goes...it is terrible logic, but still.

If the Bengals win on Saturday they should be rooting for the Bills to beat the Chiefs, even though they have already beaten the Chiefs this year.

Why?

In their entire 56 year history and their double digit playoff appearance years they have never made it to a Super Bowl without beating the Bills.

1981 Playoffs in the divisional round to make it to the Super Bowl against the Niners...

and

again in the 1988 season AFC Championship game to make it to the Super Bowl against...well...the Niners again.  

Niners are in the playoffs this year, too.

Weird.

Hey, I don't make this stuff up, I just twist it around.

+1 for arcane stats

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Saw this in some of the coverage for the upcoming game and it made me think, this is a terrible analogy.

People like/enjoy cake, hell some people love it I guess, but people don't need cake.

If the Chiefs are a team that's like "Yes I'd enjoy a second piece of cake." the Bills are a man dying of thirst that sees a glass of water.

It was Andy Reid's analogy - what do you expect?

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You love DVOA so... Bills defense ranks #1 in total DVOA and #1 in passing DVOA.  Now go climb back in your hole troll.

Also, it is literally impossible for a metric to mislead you. You can mislead yourself by using a metric in a vacuum. No one who does analytics will ever rely on any single metric to pass judgement on something. 

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

How so? Are you saying the game will be less important if the Titans won?😕

Yes.  I personally think that if the Titans lose, Bills and Chiefs coaches/players/fans will know the winner hosts the AFCCG.

How could anyone not want that!

I may have to fly into Buffalo (even if I don't go to the game) to share the experience with family and friends. 

Now that I'm retired I just might stick around for the Super Bowl if things worked out the way we all hope.

• Like (+1) 2

Without question, I would want another home game to travel to and it would be special for the fans that live there. But, it would be sweet to travel to Nashville and beat the over-rated Titans. Literally had them earlier if Josh didn't slip on the 1.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah, that's pretty much the opposite of what they need to do.  That is a recipe for big plays by KC.  It's not what the Bills D is about.

Pittsburgh needed to take that philosophy because their D is nowhere near what it used to be.  And they paid dearly, despite getting a couple of turnovers and a defensive TD.

Agree to disagree but it you think dropping in coverage with the likes of Jackson and Wallace is going to stop Mahomes and the Chiefs from doing whatever they want that not sure what to tell you.

And speaking of Pittsburgh, we don't have anything close to a Watt or Hayward on our defensive line. Yes our rotational methodology has played better in recent weeks but it speaks volumes of how good Mahomes and KC's offense is in that they struggled early and turned the ball over several times yet still went on a 35-0 tear against the Steelers defense in  less than a quarter worth of game time.

In the back of mind I'm very concerned that they will do something similar to the Bills because that's exactly what happened in the AFCCG last year despite the Bills taking a 9-0 lead KC scored 3 consecutive TD's at will in the 2nd quarter and that was essentially the game.

But again, it goes back to Allen and this offense looking drastically different than they did last year in the AFCCG and scoring TD's pretty much every drive to keep pace and have a shot to keep the game close and steal it in the 4th quarter.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Agree to disagree but it you think dropping in coverage with the likes of Jackson and Wallace is going to stop Mahomes and the Chiefs from doing whatever they want that not sure what to tell you.

And speaking of Pittsburgh, we don't have anything close to a Watt or Hayward on our defensive line. Yes our rotational methodology has played better in recent weeks but it speaks volumes of how good Mahomes and KC's offense is in that they struggled early and turned the ball over several times yet still went on a 35-0 tear against the Steelers defense in  less than a quarter worth of game time.

In the back of mind I'm very concerned that they will do something similar to the Bills because that's exactly what happened in the AFCCG last year despite the Bills taking a 9-0 lead KC scored 3 consecutive TD's at will in the 2nd quarter and that was essentially the game.

But again, it goes back to Allen and this offense looking drastically different than they did last year in the AFCCG and scoring TD's pretty much every drive to keep pace and have a shot to keep the game close and steal it in the 4th quarter.

We won by 18 in their house this year. Yes, they are playing much better and Tre White is missing. Last time, we didn't have Milano and we are also playing better. The oline is surprisingly effective in the latest iteration and Singletary is providing a genuine rushing game. Bills can legitimately win the game. They are not in the position of hoping to steal a victory. As usual, you are only interested in marshalling evidence to paint bleak or desperate pictures. What a terrific human being you must be to devote so much time and energy to bringing everyone down. (And you're wrong.)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You love DVOA . Of course you only bring it up when it suits you... Bills defense ranks #1 in total DVOA and #1 in passing DVOA.  Now go climb back in your hole troll.

I have found a trend on the forum. Anytime anybody disagrees with @FilthyBeast, I like to agree with them. I wonder why that is?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

We won by 18 in their house this year. Yes, they are playing much better and Tre White is missing. Last time, we didn't have Milano and we are also playing better. The oline is surprisingly effective in the latest iteration and Singletary is providing a genuine rushing game. Bills can legitimately win the game. They are not in the position of hoping to steal a victory. As usual, you are only interested in marshalling evidence to paint bleak or desperate pictures. What a terrific human being you must be to devote so much time and energy to bringing everyone down. (And you're wrong.)

Last time I checked KC is the favorite in this game.

Also the Bills have not won a road playoff game in nearly 30 years and one more ominous stat....Andy Reid has never lost a rematch in the playoffs to a team he lost to in the regular season.

Nowhere am I'm saying the bills can't or won't win this game (yet) but go check out a Chiefs forum or social media and you'll be hard pressed to find a single fan that believes they are going to lose this game.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Also the Bills have not won a road playoff game in nearly 30 years and one more ominous stat....Andy Reid has never lost a rematch in the playoffs to a team he lost to in the regular season.

Nowhere am I'm saying the bills can't or won't win this game (yet) but go check out a Chiefs forum or social media and you'll be hard pressed to find a single fan that believes they are going to lose this game.

Well, I don't really make a judgement based on the consensus of social media and Chief's fans. I think that is actually a pretty good road to imbecility, but if it works for you, have at it.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Chiefs fans, like ours, are rightfully confident going into Sunday night. But, why should we care what Chiefs fans are saying? What is your point in coming onto the forum and spouting negative BS? why should we care what you are saying?

I’m really not sure why I’m even responding to you. Back to your regular scheduled programming. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.